English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 16 April 2015, 02:09   #1
Xorcist

Floppy disk FS-UAE 2.4.1 + OAGD.net (I'm confused)

So I'm a new FS-UAE user, and I'm a little confused about how the Open Amiga Games Database integration works.

For instance I own Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, and it's on OAGD.net (as seen here), but it doesn't show up in the games list in the FS-UAE Launcher.

Now I downloaded the WHDLoad Install for this game, combined it with my data files, created a ZIP and put it in the Hard Drive folder. And I can get it to run just fine using a custom configuration, but I'd really like to make use of the OAGD.net features in conjunction with FS-UAE Arcade.

Can anyone help me out?

Old 19 April 2015, 15:32   #2
Goingdown

OAGD.net uses sha1sums to validate the game file consistency. And in the database, only certain most-used versions of games are listed. So, it may be that you have a version which is not in database (or some of your game files are modified).

google for whdownload?
Old 19 April 2015, 15:45   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Also, "combined it with my data files" sounds a little suspicious. You cannot just combine the files, you have to run the WHDLoad installer inside an emulated or real Amiga environment.

Then, you have to create a .zip (or .lha) of the finished installation (best to do this before starting the game, as starting the game could modify one or more files).

Either this, or cheat and try to find a pre-installed version on the Internet somwhere.
Old 24 April 2015, 11:24   #4
fgh

This might help