English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 01 May 2021, 13:45   #1
jotd
This cat is no more

Brian The Lion (AGA) passwords & cheat

according to https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/cheats.php?id=207 (and other sites)

password for Volcano is supposed to be:

RF20QpCqVx

but it doesn't work. Other passwords work (damn why did they create them like NSA passwords)

also, Mr*Pumpkin cheat works (screen flash on enter) but I wasn't able to use the capslock + keys after that.
Old 01 May 2021, 19:13   #2
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
according to https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/cheats.php?id=207 (and other sites)

password for Volcano is supposed to be:

RF20QpCqVx

but it doesn't work. Other passwords work (damn why did they create them like NSA passwords)

also, Mr*Pumpkin cheat works (screen flash on enter) but I wasn't able to use the capslock + keys after that.
Hi jotd, the password system is interesting because it 'inject' the parameters needed within the string.
That's why it looks so complicated, it's an encoding+checksum, it can't just be a 'simple' keyword.
I've used something very very similar in the past.

Caps Lock + key work for me, but screen values are not immediately updated, you need to be hit (or change someway the interested value).
Old 01 May 2021, 22:43   #3
jotd
This cat is no more

I figured out that it was something like encryption because of all the EOR stuff in the code. I just injected those passwords when the user types 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 to select level number

but level 4 password is wrong... I'll have to skip the level to get the password. Game is beautiful but not that interesting.
Old 02 May 2021, 00:25   #4
jotd
This cat is no more

it appears that there is no password for Volcano. The password is for EEEK! And getting there got me a different password so the lives/energy are probably encoded in it as ross said but I'm not going to investigate further.

Game is beautiful, really. Specially the AGA version with all the colors and parallaxes. Too bad gameplay doesn't follow.
Old 05 May 2021, 12:37   #5
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
...Too bad gameplay doesn't follow.
sadly true, plus that damned inertia that make each jump a prolly istant death...
it's just for me or the sprites gfx reminds some Core Design titles, like Chuck Rock II or Wonderdog ?