English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 October 2018, 10:06   #1
adrdesign

Floppy disk Samples4Amiga (direct from ROM/Disc) - Permanent Thread

I bring you the full collection of sounds that I have been researching for a few years, taken straight from famous samplers factory disks or pcm roms, converted to 8bit iff-8svx (preserving the loop points in some cases). I've repack some new sounds and polished the old ones.

This is WITHOUT DOUBT the best 8bit sample library you can find (not only for amiga). Old samplers sampling frequency is around 27000hz, so the sound hasn't been resampled. In some cases you will have to upsample (Octamed and PT3 can do the trick easily) to reach higher octaves. Samples haven't been processed, nor compressed in this process.

You'll find almost every library and pcm waverom sourced from famous samplers like Fairlight (CMI), Emu (Emax), Roland (D50, S7xx, S50), Yamaha (WRC01, TG100, TW), Kurzweil (K2xxx), Casio (FZ1), Kawai (K3), Ensoniq (SQ80, Mirage, Mirage DSK).

The AKWF collection (Adventure Kid Waveforms) is a collection of more than 3000 looped waves, suitable for chiptunes in protracker, also adapted for MusicLine Editor.

Folder DRUMS4AMIGA include samples straight from ROM or disk, converted from rhythm machines like Akai (MPC Series), Casio (RZ1), Digidrums, Oberheim DMX, Drumware, Korg Electribe, Drumulator, Alesis HR16, Linndrums, Percuter, Roland ( TR series), Drumtraks and Simmons

I wanted to bring you a little history of music. This computer was an important part in music production during the rave scene in UK (and here in Spain too). Groups like Urban Shakedown or DJ Aphrodite openly used Octamed and the direct sound of a friend to compose their albums. They came to take collections of professional samples that later were used in almost every commercial hit from the era. So, I have included a collection of famous Stabs, the original sample discs from MADMIX, Urban Shakedown and the X-Static Goldmine CD. In the Zero-G folder is the library that is perhaps the most used in the 90s: the DATAFILES and the JUNGLE WARFARE, including famous loops, effects, instruments and voices.

There is also JJ Jeczalik's "Art of Sampling" (Art of Noise) sample collection adapted for our miggies.

I will be adding more samples to this folder, so keep it bookmarked (coming soon, Emu Emulator II FULL Collection, including Universe Of Sounds)

https://mega.nz/#F!GGhTAaBJ!NmD0FuzzAgTYvtKY1bbSrw

Hope u like it
F$$K THE OBSOLESCENCE
Old 29 October 2018, 23:11   #2
SvladJelly

This is absolutely incredible. Thanks so much!!!
Old 30 October 2018, 08:38   #3
Jope
-

Thanks for all the work you've put into these. :-)
Old 30 October 2018, 08:57   #4
Epo
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Fantastic work adrdesign!
What's the status regarding the use in a commercial product?
Old 30 October 2018, 10:08   #5
adrdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epo View Post
Fantastic work adrdesign! What's the status regarding the use in a commercial product?
Don't want to sound rude, english is not my native language:

It seems nobody reads the disclaimer included. Fair use only (study and research purposes) means that no profit is allowed. BTW, it doesn't seem polite to use something you got free for commercial purposes (as is), so specify what use do you mean, for the better.

In the end, all copyrights remains to their respective owners, and it seems being SO FAMOUS (like amiga kickstart) someone still has the rights (that's for sure).
Old 30 October 2018, 11:10   #6
daxb

Thanks for your work!
Old 30 October 2018, 11:21   #7
KONEY
OctaMED Music Composer

Nice!
Old 30 October 2018, 16:53   #8
bresk13

Massive ! Thanks a lot

Old 30 October 2018, 23:33   #9
Epo
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
Don't want to sound rude, english is not my native language:

It seems nobody reads the disclaimer included. Fair use only (study and research purposes) means that no profit is allowed. BTW, it doesn't seem polite to use something you got free for commercial purposes (as is), so specify what use do you mean, for the better.

In the end, all copyrights remains to their respective owners, and it seems being SO FAMOUS (like amiga kickstart) someone still has the rights (that's for sure).
No need to be rude, just ask yourself if everyone downloaded the archive to read the disclaimer. I didn't, hence the simply question. Peace.
Old 31 October 2018, 00:11   #10
adrdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epo View Post
No need to be rude, just ask yourself if everyone downloaded the archive to read the disclaimer. I didn't, hence the simply question. Peace.
I think you misunderstand me, I'm not english, so I _literally_ don't know how to sound politely, just answering BTW: Disclaimer is included, I'm not responsible for any who didn't read it. Copyright infrigement is not intended, as I said hereby it's fair use (research, study, educative-historycal purposes). That's why it's legal ATM.

I've said no one can take profit of it "AS IS". Note if you are a sound engineer you CAN use these sounds to create new ones (like they do since that work exists), and you could sell your work and it will be perfectly legal. Converting that sounds to SF2 or EXS24 and sell them it's not "a work", here in spain we call it "pegar un pelotazo" (easy & dirty money), that remains me a recent event in the amiga community regarding trying to make money at any cost, by the work of others...

Last edited by adrdesign; 31 October 2018 at 00:29.
Old 31 October 2018, 05:08   #11
HardStep

Sweet, thanks!
Old 01 November 2018, 09:41   #12
adrdesign

HALLOWEEN GIFT:
Added EmaxI, EmaxII, EmulatorII (including Universe Of Sounds)
Added Emax setup from Alan Wilder (Depeche Mode)
enjoy!
Old 08 November 2018, 20:29   #13
adrdesign

UPDATE: Added Ferris Bueller EmulatorII original Samples, Addeed Kurzweil K2x Library, Added ProphetVS waves, Added Korg folder (Korg DSS1 Full Collection, Korg Microsampler Library), Added Yamaha Sk1 & Yamaha TX16W Extras, Added Roland Sgroup Library.
Old 26 November 2020, 11:44   #14
adrdesign

FTP FOLDER UPDATE: Korg MicroSampler Power Up library in /Korg
Old 26 November 2020, 18:33   #15
klx300r

@ adrdesign

thanks so much this is a gold mine of Amiga samples....heck even Depeche Mode would be excited
Old 26 November 2020, 20:51   #16
klx300r

@ adrdesign

can you please check the link as it's not working for me ? strangely it appeared to work earlier today but didn't get the chance to save
Old 26 November 2020, 21:19   #17
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
@ adrdesign

can you please check the link as it's not working for me ? strangely it appeared to work earlier today but didn't get the chance to save
The Mega.nz URL is long gone.

You need to download from the Amiga File Server from here: ~Uploads/adrdesign
Old 30 November 2020, 05:07   #18
klx300r

@DamienD

thanks