English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 June 2022, 11:38   #1
PopoCop

Shadoworlds - level 3

I'm stuck on level 3 of Shadoworlds. I don't know how to open the door marked on picture below. I have green and gold cards but they don't work.

In one room there is a device but what does it do?

In another room there is a box but it's out of reach (barrier blocks the way). How to get this box?
Old 18 June 2022, 11:51   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Does this help: http://amr.abime.net/review_33941 ? (Check the first scan)

Quote:
Level 3
On entering this level there is another weapons recharge point. It’s best to use this one when your ammo is at a minimum. You should now make your way to the central room of the Biological Research area. Using a light to open the door, there should be a robot. It is carrying a crate, so when you’ve killed it it open the crate. Take the contents of the crate and deploy it as you see best. Now put the empty crate on the pressure pad to open the next security door. Enter the next two rooms, kill the robots and pick up the medical pack. You will also find a key; by going to the central room you will be able to use it and enter. Kill all the robots and you can use the food outlet ond the very useful regeneration pad. The pod resurrects dead characters so long as you have bought their DNA pod. Be warned, the pad only works three times. After this, proceed to the central room and go through the remaining door to the transporter. Warning: beware of the pits en route. When you arrive at the transporter you should find another weapons recharger, using a green card should secure you a laser - just the ticket!

Last edited by TCD; 18 June 2022 at 12:34.
Old 18 June 2022, 12:37   #3
PopoCop

Those tips explain what is this strange device - it's a ressurection pod. But how to open the door leading to transporter is not explained...
Old 18 June 2022, 16:02   #4
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I don't know the answer; however if you are really stuck you could always move yourself to the other side of the door using MCE ( http://amigan.1emu.net/releases/MCE.lha ).
Old 19 June 2022, 12:01   #5
PopoCop

Problem solved. In the room with barrier it's possible to get the box (just go between wall and glass container). In the box there is a key to the last door.
Old 19 June 2022, 14:11   #6
Cherno

Always liked the look, and lighting gimmick, of this game... Sadly there is no longplay
Maybe there'll be a remaster (I don't mean the steam re-release) that keeps most things the same but improves the UI.
Old 01 July 2022, 11:54   #7
PopoCop

OK, so I'm on jungle level (teleported from level 5). Jungle level has two stages connected via teleport. I managed to wipe out all enemies from stage one but when I teleport to stage two I'm instantly killed by swarm of fireballs shot by aliens. Is there a way to avoid this instant death? This part of a game looks impossible to get through!
Old 01 July 2022, 12:07   #8
Cherno

Maybe there is some kind of shield item that has to be activated?
Old 01 July 2022, 12:11   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The solution just says to move quickly. Not very helpful.
Old 01 July 2022, 12:40   #10
PopoCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherno View Post
Maybe there is some kind of shield item that has to be activated?

Sadly, there is no shield.
Old 01 July 2022, 21:19   #11
Cherno

If all fails, you could try recording the specific portion with WinUAE's recorder, Virtualdub, or whatever, and check the projectile pattern and clear path frame by frame.
Old 03 July 2022, 11:57   #12
PopoCop

I've found the solution. Tooltype nommu (I'm using WHDLoad) slows the game a bit and it makes enemies to start shooting a moment after my soldier is teleported. This moment is enough to run and avoid fireballs.
Old 16 July 2022, 11:40   #13
PopoCop

Level 9

Guess what - another problem!
Level 9. I'm in the room with 3 switches. Soldier A presses the switch on the left and activates the teleporting of soldier B. Teleported soldier arrives in a room with few alien heads. After killing the heads (according to solution) soldier A should press the middle button and soldier B should be teleported to another room. But it doesn't work. I tried many combinations with no result. How to activate teleport to another room?

Old 22 July 2022, 12:35   #14
PopoCop

Here is the solution (if anybody is interested).
Soldier A presses the button on the left and teleports soldier B.
Soldier B kills the alien heads and stands among the "cocoons".
Soldier A presses the button on the right which teleports soldier B to the next room.
In that room soldier B kills another alien heads and picks up the key.
Soldier A presses the middle button and teleports soldier B to the room with buttons.
Old 22 July 2022, 16:46   #15
Cherno

These puzzles sure have opaque solutions! Maybe you could be the one to write a detailed walkthrough, coming generations will be thankful!
Old 23 July 2022, 09:40   #16
PopoCop

Solution already exists in Amiga Computing archive but it is not detailed enough in some places (for me at least).

Game completed, no more problems to come!

Last edited by PopoCop; 23 July 2022 at 11:34. Reason: ...