English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 24 October 2021, 19:50   #601
Nikoh77

Installer problem under linux

Guys i need your help:
1) in decompressed zip i see that sh files are not executable; ok i can play with chmod
2) when i run "hstwb_image_setup.sh" it give me this error....

Is it my misconfiguration or other?
Old 24 October 2021, 22:58   #602
Nikoh77

Solved myself, the problem was due to the python version; although version 3 was installed on my system not used. Version 2 used instead.
Old 24 October 2021, 23:19   #603
Nikoh77

bug report

@cyberhead97 there is a syntax error on .fs-uae installer files; in theme line definition....
i am happy to help ;-)

Last edited by Nikoh77; 24 October 2021 at 23:53.
Old 31 October 2021, 17:07   #604
Nikoh77

guys i need a little help.... i installed classic wb lite, whdload etc. trought hstwb installer and everything went well but I would like ags2 to start automatically instead of having to launch it every time from the workbench.
On S: there are several startup file and I would not do any damage..... some help?
Old 06 December 2021, 09:58   #605
cyberhead97

Hi all,

I have started making a lot of changes during the last couple of months and all of these efforts will be released in HstWB Installer v1.6.0.

At the top of my head, I can mention following changes:
- EAB WHDLoad menu demos and games packages updated with all new/changes entries as of December 4th RetroPlay WHDLoad's.
- EAB WHDLoad menu magazines packages created for RetroPlay WHDLoad's also updated with entries as of December 4th.
- AGS2 and iGame updated to latest version for all EAB WHDLoad menu packages.
- Amiga OS Installation menus for self install reorganized to make it more simple with less options to select from.
- All Amiga OS installations now include MMULib by default with an auto-updating feature, that will rename 680x0 library files (enable/disable) during startup to match CPU detected. The image can them be used with different CPU without it complaining about 68030/68040/68060 library present or not present.
- Kickstart rom detection now calculates MD5 checksum from decrypted rom files using rom.key file. This means encrypted roms results in same MD5 checksum as raw unencrypted Kickstart rom files. All is handled in memory and no decrypted roms are written back to disk. This should support any future changes Cloanto may include in Amiga Forever releases.
- User packages included to install common applications and libraries: Amiga Boot Selector, Directory Opus, iGame, Magic Menu, MUI, PeterK's Icon Library, SysInfo, WBDock, WHDLoad. This makes it possible to make your own clean installation with just what you need or install something you need updated/installed in an existing image (your already running image, so you don't have to create a new one).
- Workbench enhancement packages HstWB, BestWB, BetterWB and ClassicWB now modifies startup sequence and user startup instead of overwriting them. This should give best compatibility with existing and future Amiga OS versions.
- ClassicWB packages have been fixed, so Picasso96 now can be installed in all of them. I needed ClassicWB OS39 with Picasso96 for my ZZ9000, so I figured it was about time to examine why Picasso96 would not install with ClassicWB.
- Lots of bugs fixed in HstWB Installer and self install images together with a lot of testing.

This is going to be an early Christmas present for the Amiga community and I'm expecting to have it ready for release with in some days.

Does it still make sense to keep updating this thread with new releases?
Old 06 December 2021, 10:09   #606
cyberhead97

Oh, forgot to mention EAB WHDLoad menu packages now comes with 5-10 different skins that can be changed on the fly from AGS2 menu. These include those StatMat made 1-2 years ago with brushed metal look, Batman theme, Workbench 1.3 and some default ones included with AGS2.
Old 06 December 2021, 10:22   #607
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Good time for me to finally try this then with next version
Old 06 December 2021, 11:02   #608
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
I think it does, please keep updating here when there are updates!
Old 06 December 2021, 14:39   #609
petarku

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Absolutely, this is go to tool for setting up os installation for emulation and real amiga.
I am looking forward to try new version.
Keep us posted
Old 06 December 2021, 16:09   #610
wiz12

Looking forward to the new fixed release, the last one was quite buggy.
Old 07 December 2021, 00:32   #611
dalek

Yay thanks heaps! I like seeing the updates here
Old 07 December 2021, 21:58   #612
RoC

I am going to try the different AGS2 skins and good to hear about the package updates with the new games and demos.

HstWB is better than ever. Many thanks !
Old 23 December 2021, 01:42   #613
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.6.0 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.6.0 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.6.0 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.6.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.6.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0
  • 120GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.0

HstWB Installer v1.6.0 comes with a lot of updates and fixes:
  • Amiga OS installation menus for self install are reorganized to make it more simple with less options to select from and only valid Amiga OS are listed.
  • For most menus during installation, the important options have been moved to the top like "Start package installation", "Install Amiga OS" etc.
  • Installation of Amiga OS 3.9, 3.2, 3.1.4 and 3.1 now include MMULib by default with an auto-updating feature, that will rename 680x0 library files (enable/disable) during startup to match CPU detected. The image can them be used with different CPU without it complaining about 68030/68040/68060 library present or not present.
  • Kickstart rom detection now calculates MD5 checksum from decrypted rom files using rom.key file. This means encrypted roms results in same MD5 checksum as raw unencrypted Kickstart rom files. All is handled in memory and no decrypted roms are written back to disk. This should support any future changes Cloanto may include in Amiga Forever releases.
  • EAB WHDLoad menu packages:
    • EAB WHDLoad menu demos packages for RetroPlay WHDLoad's updated with new/changed entries as of December 4th.
    • EAB WHDLoad menu games packages for RetroPlay WHDLoad's updated with new/changed entries as of December 4th.
    • EAB WHDLoad menu magazines packages for RetroPlay WHDLoad's updated with new/changed entries as of December 4th.
    • AGS2 and iGame updated to latest version for all EAB WHDLoad menu packages.
  • BetterWB, ClassicWB and HstWB packages have been updated to patch existing startup sequence and user startup instead of overwriting them. This should give best compatibility with existing and future Amiga OS versions and has greatly improved compatibility with installation of eg. Picasso96 with ClassicWB.
  • User packages included to install common applications and libraries making it possible to make your own clean installation with just what you need or install something you need updated/installed in an existing image (your already running image, so you don't have to create a new one):
    • Amiga Boot Selector
    • Amiga Test Kit v1.18
    • Archivers and unarchivers
    • CompactFlash and FAT95
    • DirOpus v4.12-4.17pre21
    • FastFileSystem v45.16
    • Full Palette v40.22
    • IconLib v46.4.555
    • iGame v1.6a
    • iGame v2.0
    • Kickstart roms
    • KingCON v1.3
    • Magic Menu v2.30-2.35
    • MMU Libs v47.1
    • MUI v3.8
    • MUI v3.8 iGame dependencies
    • Scsi.device v43.45
    • SysInfo v4.4
    • WBDock v2.560
    • WHDLoad Packs (EAB RetroPlay and other WHDLoad Packs)
    • WHDLoad v18.6
  • Updated BetterWB to v4.3.
  • Added image templates with 1GB and 2GB DH0: Workbench partition for better support with installation of 32SE by 8080, see <a href="https://8080.itch.io/32se-add-on-for-amigaos-32" target="_blank">https://8080.itch.io/32se-add-on-for-amigaos-32</a>. 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 120GB self install images are based on these.
  • Fixed Amiga OS 3.2 icon information not working due to Amiga OS 3.2 Classes adf not installed and packages overwriting Amiga OS files.
  • Fixed hstwb_image_setup scripts creating invalid FS-UAE configuration files.
  • Lots of bugs fixed in HstWB Installer and self install images together with a lot of testing.

Enjoy the release and please report any issues

Last edited by cyberhead97; 23 December 2021 at 01:48. Reason: optimize list of changes
Old 23 December 2021, 01:56   #614
wiz12

Thanks for this update cyberhead.

Any plans to add support for the OS 3.2.1 update which was just released?
Old 23 December 2021, 02:25   #615
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Thanks for this update cyberhead.

Any plans to add support for the OS 3.2.1 update which was just released?
Yes, I forgot to mention.

Next release will focus on Amiga OS 3.2.1 support, Raspberry Pi support and maybe more user packages by request.

Until next release, Amiga OS 3.2 installations can be updated to 3.2.1 by installing Update3.2.1.adf included in Update3.2.1.lha from Hyperion Entertainment. I tested this with ClassicWB OS39 and HstWB packages installed with Amiga OS 3.2.
Old 26 December 2021, 19:20   #616
cyberhead97

Amiga OS 3.2.1 support is working with initial steps and going through testing. WHDload v18.7 is also updated as part of user packages. Two really great releases that will be part of HstWB Installer v1.6.1 scheduled for release within few days just before new year ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1640542431466.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	74217   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1640542338136.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	74218  
Old 01 January 2022, 20:26   #617
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.6.1 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.6.1 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.6.1 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.6.1
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.6.1

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1
  • 120GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.6.1

HstWB Installer v1.6.1 comes with following updates and fixes:
  • Added support for Amiga OS 3.2.1.
  • Optimized Amiga OS detection, which is now much faster as MD5 checksums are now only calculated once per file.
  • Updated WHDLoad user package to WHDLoad v18.7.
  • Updated self install and hstwb_image_setup scripts to scan Amiga OS sub-directories.
  • Fixed Amiga OS 3.9 cd-rom detection.
  • Fixed Directory Opus user package to enable browsing .lha, .lzx and .zip files (FORCEOPENXAD and FORCEOPENXFD tooltype added). Works only with Directory Opus v4.17pre21!
  • Fixed archivers and unarchivers user package to only install selected CPU version.

Enjoy the release and please report any issues
Old 01 January 2022, 21:20   #618
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Something is not right with this release, I click on Launcher as I have many times before but it now moans that "launcher.lnk" is missing, sure enough it is. I run Setup and it errors out

Code:
C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\HstWB\setup.ps1 : HstWB Installer Run Failed!  :
At C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\HstWB\modules\config.psm1:69 char:5
+     $settings.Image = @{}
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFound
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,setup.ps1
Ran it with both normal and with admin rights no change.

I try just Run and that too errors out.

What has changed?
Old 01 January 2022, 22:07   #619
ppill
CON: artist

I knew what this was but never looked into the specifics of what makes up this package...

Sweet baby Jesus... the amount of work you've must have put into this

The Amiga shell scripts using the best stuff Aminet has to offer are :chef's kiss: (great use of sed!)

Wow
Old 01 January 2022, 23:25   #620
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Something is not right with this release, I click on Launcher as I have many times before but it now moans that "launcher.lnk" is missing, sure enough it is. I run Setup and it errors out

Code:
C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\HstWB\setup.ps1 : HstWB Installer Run Failed!  :
At C:\Users\Enigma\Desktop\HstWB\modules\config.psm1:69 char:5
+     $settings.Image = @{}
+     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFound
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,setup.ps1
Ran it with both normal and with admin rights no change.

I try just Run and that too errors out.

What has changed?
You're right, it's broken when running it the very first time due to a change I made in module that creates default settings.

It's fixed now and updated release is uploaded.

Thanks for notifiying me