English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 April 2018, 01:43   #1
AmigaBill

[VIDEO] Amiga Vampire Cards Overview - Past, Present & Future

Hope everyone on EAB is doing great! So many exciting things happening here. Here in New York we were very lucky to have Manuel Jesus from the Apollo team come to our Westchester Amiga User Group WAUG and give a wonderful presentation about the Vampire accelerators so naturally I recorded it. This is a PowerPoint presentation that talks about the past, present, and future of the Vampire cards as well as a Q&A. The next video will be his practical demo. I will finish it sometime after I return from a long work trip. Enjoy! [ Show youtube player ] https://youtu.be/F-egp3pWr1w
Old 03 April 2018, 16:45   #2
puppypc

I'll have to watch this tonight!

I pulled my amiga out of storage / joined EAB right around the time everyone was saying Vampire would revolutionize the scene, and that 1200 users should wait for the vampire card rather than buy a 1220 card.
Needless to say, I ended up getting an ACA1221ec but I'm still looking forward to considering a standalone to play around with. I still hope this project moves forward!
Old 03 April 2018, 21:51   #3
Higgy

Just finished watching. Really good.

Very well recorded, very easy to hear everyone, which is usually the issue with recorded presentations.
Old 03 April 2018, 22:34   #4
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypc View Post
I'll have to watch this tonight!

I pulled my amiga out of storage / joined EAB right around the time everyone was saying Vampire would revolutionize the scene, and that 1200 users should wait for the vampire card rather than buy a 1220 card.
Needless to say, I ended up getting an ACA1221ec but I'm still looking forward to considering a standalone to play around with. I still hope this project moves forward!
Cool. I have an ACA1233n and love it as well. I am excited about the Vampire 1200, but actually considering one for the 500 instead because I have an extra 500 (will be nice to keep one stock and one Vamped) and it also gives you a lot of bang for the buck on a 500 like the IDE controler and AGA which the 1200 already has. I know it isn't a direct comparison/relationship, but you catch my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Just finished watching. Really good.

Very well recorded, very easy to hear everyone, which is usually the issue with recorded presentations.
Thanks! Yes, the picture and sound quality are very important to me. It makes it a much better experience. Thank you