English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 19 March 2019, 23:48   #1
xubidoo

Formula 1 Grand Prix + F1GP-ED

Probably a long shot,but here goes.

got the WHDLoad version of F1GP 4 disk installed and it runs fine.
also installed F1GP-ED and have that running and updated cars,teams frame rate to the max of 16fps.

the problem comes to running F1GP-ED's memory patches, they say once in game press L Amiga key+N and you can switch between the game and F1GP-ED to enable the patches , but all i get is a 1.3 dos shell prompt.

does anybody know if this is even possible to use the mem patches with WHDload f1gp.

have spent hours googling and search boards etc for a solution, cant believe no1 else hasnt had this problem lol

F1GP was the reason i originally bought an amiga back in the day,and i would love to play it again in all its glory with f1gp-ed running.

Old 20 March 2019, 00:36   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Presumably F1GP-ED is not designed with WHDLoad in mind.

AmigaOS and multitasking is suspended while WHDLoad runs; you can't switch between WHDLoad and another screen, eg. Workbench. AmigaOS is not reenabled until you quit WHDLoad. So if you start F1GP-ED and then run WHDLoad you won't be able to access F1GP-ED while WHDLoad is running.

It might be possible to run F1GP-ED inside WHDLoad; eg. by modifying the startup-sequence used by the slave.
Old 20 March 2019, 00:42   #3
xubidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Presumably F1GP-ED is not designed with WHDLoad in mind.

AmigaOS and multitasking is suspended while WHDLoad runs; you can't switch between WHDLoad and another screen, eg. Workbench. AmigaOS is not reenabled until you quit WHDLoad. So if you start F1GP-ED and then run WHDLoad you won't be able to access F1GP-ED while WHDLoad is running.

It might be possible to run F1GP-ED inside WHDLoad; eg. by modifying the startup-sequence used by the slave.

ahh i wasn't aware that whdload disables multitasking, maybe try see if i can find some good ADF files and manually install to HD from those and see if it works then.

thanks Minuous , at least its something to try.

Old 13 April 2019, 23:06   #4
dazman79

hey i had f1 ed program and i have a look see istill have it in ADF format