English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 January 2018, 18:12   #201
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by butfluffy View Post
this is amazing. thanks Damien for all your hard work.
i've hit dead ends trying to sort though amiga games in the past. it's such a big job with so many bad dumps, bad cracks etc.
Thanks my friend
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 19:13   #202
Simmo76
Registered User

Simmo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 44
Posts: 215
Thumbs up

Wow.
Wow!!!
WOW!!!!!!

No, that's not my poor impersonation of a police car! That's the noise my missus has had to put up with for the last couple of hours whilst I play with this!

DamienD, this is frankly superb. I've hardly played any Amiga games for a while, (shame on me, I know,) but today it all came flooding back.
After getting the mouse and my wireless Xbox 360 controller all set-up, (an absolute doddle, even for me,) I started on some old favourites; Paradroid 90, Rainbow Islands, Simulcra, Top Gear 2, Roadkill, Mega-lo-mania.... I could go on, but suffice to say everything worked perfectly, first time...!

Thank you! This really is amazing.

Can I just ask though - I looked for, but couldn't see another old favourite of mine, Krypton Egg. Is it there under another name? Or just not one that you like and hence not there?
Simmo76 is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 19:23   #203
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,522
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
7zip

Well, I used 7zip with no issues... doesn`t have to be winrar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch_UK View Post
SOLVED!

I've read back through the threads and realised I needed the very latest v5.50 WinRar to unpack this! Anything less WILL result in an error


Hi DamienD,
I've tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full again

The links you sent me, I've managed to corrupt most (if not all) of tghe rar's by downloading too much at once.

If there any chance you could send me replacement links please?

Regards
stainy is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 19:27   #204
Simmo76
Registered User

Simmo76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 44
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy View Post
Well, I used 7zip with no issues... doesn`t have to be winrar.
And I used PeaZip (PortableApps.com version), also without a problem.
Simmo76 is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 19:31   #205
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo76 View Post
Wow.
Wow!!!
WOW!!!!!!

No, that's not my poor impersonation of a police car! That's the noise my missus has had to put up with for the last couple of hours whilst I play with this!

DamienD, this is frankly superb. I've hardly played any Amiga games for a while, (shame on me, I know,) but today it all came flooding back.
After getting the mouse and my wireless Xbox 360 controller all set-up, (an absolute doddle, even for me,) I started on some old favourites; Paradroid 90, Rainbow Islands, Simulcra, Top Gear 2, Roadkill, Mega-lo-mania.... I could go on, but suffice to say everything worked perfectly, first time...!

Thank you! This really is amazing.
Hahahahaha; cheers for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo76 View Post
Can I just ask though - I looked for, but couldn't see another old favourite of mine, Krypton Egg. Is it there under another name? Or just not one that you like and hence not there?
No, unfortunately it's not been added...

Just took a look on HOL, seems decent, will add in future
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 22:21   #206
Decypher
Registered User
Decypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Turkey
Posts: 34
Having just tested your collection, I have only one thing to say to you DamienD: Wow!

Everything is working flawlessly, configs, screenshots, everything. Screenshots you chose are just perfect. Can't really thank you enough.

If you ever decide to share this via torrent you can count on me to be a full time seeder
Decypher is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 22:31   #207
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo76 View Post
Can I just ask though - I looked for, but couldn't see another old favourite of mine, Krypton Egg. Is it there under another name? Or just not one that you like and hence not there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No, unfortunately it's not been added...

Just took a look on HOL, seems decent, will add in future
Heya Simmo76,

...can't really have you missing one of your favourite game; that just won't do

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE"

Last edited by DamienD; 26 February 2018 at 22:38.
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 22:32   #208
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decypher View Post
Having just tested your collection, I have only one thing to say to you DamienD: Wow!

Everything is working flawlessly, configs, screenshots, everything. Screenshots you chose are just perfect. Can't really thank you enough.

If you ever decide to share this via torrent you can count on me to be a full time seeder
All good, enjoy!!!
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 22:45   #209
Decypher
Registered User
Decypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Turkey
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Heya Simmo76,

...can't really have you missing one of your favourite game; that just won't do

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE"
Oh, in case you're taking 'favorite' requests for future

http://hol.abime.net/2396 : The Manager. This was one of my favorite football management games ever, used to play this for hours with my brother. That would be a very nice addition to an already superb collection
Decypher is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 22:52   #210
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
...me hates any type of sports management game; sooooo boring. That's why absolutely none are in my collection.

It's very easy to add your own games in though and for taking title / screenshots use this criteria
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 23:14   #211
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decypher View Post
Oh, in case you're taking 'favorite' requests for future

http://hol.abime.net/2396 : The Manager. This was one of my favorite football management games ever, used to play this for hours with my brother. That would be a very nice addition to an already superb collection
I've gotta stop being so damn helpful / nice...

Here you go Decypher

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE".

Things to note:

a) Couldn't work out how to really play so you may want to adjust the screenshot.
b) It's not going in my *personal* collection

Last edited by DamienD; 26 February 2018 at 22:38.
DamienD is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 23:21   #212
stainy
Zone Friend
stainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,522
Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Decypher: It`s easy to add/remove games yourself. I removed a load that I`m not interested in and added Lords of Time
stainy is offline  
Old 25 January 2018, 23:59   #213
TroyWilkins
Registered User

TroyWilkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 542
I had a bit more of a chance to play around with this and WOW!

Looks like this is the excuse I needed to finally upgrade this machine I'm typing on, so I can get better speeds for later titles such as Payback, which is a little sluggish on my AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition, overclocked to 3.6GHz, and yes, I played with the settings - can't expect too much more out of this CPU which is getting towards 10 years old now.

Great work!
TroyWilkins is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 00:04   #214
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Yeah games like "Payback [AmigaCD]" are pretty resource hungry

Did you like that I added all patches, the trainer and finally, the related extra information screen before starting?



...luckily for me it run's pretty well on my old Windows 7 laptop; same cannot be said for poor ransom1122 on his Windows Vista computer

Saying that; virtually everything else should be cool. "Payback [AmigaCD]" is the one extreme case.

Last edited by DamienD; 26 January 2018 at 00:17.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 00:15   #215
TroyWilkins
Registered User

TroyWilkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 542
I hate to be a pain, but is there any chance you could put up the important key information here for dunces like me that didn't copy and paste and have the memory of a fish? Please and thank you.
TroyWilkins is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 00:31   #216
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
...there are probably others I've forgotten ATM but these are the most important ones

Code:
=====================================================================
KEY                                  FUNCTION
=====================================================================
<F12>                                Bring up GUI
<CTRL> + <F12>                       Toggle Fullscreen / Windowed
<CTRL> + <F11>                       Quit WinUAE
<LEFT CTRL> + <WINDOWS> + <MENU>     Reset Amiga
<LEFT CTRL> + <INSERT> + <HOME>      *same as above*
<END> + <PAUSE>                      Toggle Warp Mode
<PAGE DOWN>                          Amiga <Help> Key
=====================================================================

  
Changing Disks:
<END> + <F1>    Insert disk into DF0
<END> + <F2>    Insert disk into DF1
<END> + <F3>    Insert disk into DF2
<END> + <F4>    Insert disk into DF3
 

Ejecting Disks:
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F1>    Eject disk in DF0
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F2>    Eject disk in DF1
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F3>    Eject disk in DF2
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F4>    Eject disk in DF3
  
   
Disk Swapper:
<END> + <1-0>               Insert disk from swapper slot 1-10
<END> + <SHIFT> + <1-0>     Insert disk from swapper slot 11-20
<END> + <CTRL> + <1-4>      Select drive

Last edited by DamienD; 17 December 2019 at 11:00.
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 00:34   #217
TroyWilkins
Registered User

TroyWilkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yeah games like "Payback [AmigaCD]" are pretty resource hungry

Did you like that I added all patches, the trainer and finally, the related extra information screen before starting?



...luckily for me it run's pretty well on my old Windows 7 laptop; same cannot be said for poor ransom1122 on his Windows Vista computer

Saying that; virtually everything else should be cool. "Payback [AmigaCD]" is the one extreme case.
I did like that very much indeed, great work, thank you. I fully expected that one to be a tough one, as I know it required a pretty beefy Amiga when it came out, and still does.

I'm still trying out things, I had forgot just how visually impressive the Stardust tunnel sequence is, I used to have that on a cover-disk demo, but I think the one I had was for AGA machines, although I could be wrong there. Either way, that tunnel looks mighty impressive to me
TroyWilkins is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 00:40   #218
DamienD
disengaged
DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 44
Posts: 20,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
I'm still trying out things, I had forgot just how visually impressive the Stardust tunnel sequence is, I used to have that on a cover-disk demo, but I think the one I had was for AGA machines, although I could be wrong there. Either way, that tunnel looks mighty impressive to me
Yup, classics

Custom .ADFs made by me for these are in the collection

Code:
... Stardust Tunnel Level   [demo]
... Super Stardust Tunnel Level [AGA]   [demo]
Plus also this:

Code:
... Project-X Bonus Level   [demo]
DamienD is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 01:10   #219
ransom1122
Registered User
ransom1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Omnicorp
Posts: 4,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yup, classics

Custom .ADFs made by me for these are in the collection

Code:
... Stardust Tunnel Level   [demo]
... Super Stardust Tunnel Level [AGA]   [demo]
Plus also this:

Code:
... Project-X Bonus Level   [demo]
Its reasons like this that makes this collection a step beyond anything anyone else has seen. There are quite few unreleased demos included as well that I had never seen on my old 500 before.

Well done Damien
ransom1122 is offline  
Old 26 January 2018, 01:12   #220
Sincity
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkuni View Post
I threw a tenner at winuae.net ... Whose with me????
I'll play
 
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Unofficial" Update Packs - DamienD's WinUAE Collection DamienD project.MAGE 62 04 May 2021 10:37
"reInstallDDWC.cmd" for DamienD's WinUAE Collection malko project.MAGE 49 09 April 2021 23:34
DamienD's WinUAE Collection - [720x576] Old vs New Scanlines DamienD support.Other 50 21 October 2018 00:52
[DamienD] WinUAE v3.2.2 - Games "DAT File" DamienD request.Old Rare Games 29 10 February 2016 00:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.27448 seconds with 16 queries