English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 30 May 2004, 13:57   #1
Sbua

Exclamation WinUAE 0.8.26 Full screen

Ok, i managed to get WinUAE set up yesterday to play one of my all time favourite old games, Wings. anyway, i was wondering how/if you can get the game to play in full screen, ive managed to get the emulator to cover the full screen, but the game's just covering like a third of the screen and it kinda detracts from the gameplay. any help would be appreciated, thanx.

Old 01 June 2004, 13:50   #2
mcbpete

Hi,

The setting I tend to use is the following on the display tab:

Under the Screen Section:
Primary Device Driver
640x480,16 bit

Under centering:
Tick Horizontal
Tick Vertical

Under Settings:
Tick Full Screen

Under Line Mode:
Select Doubled

That seems to do me fine, although sometimes some bits on the left may get cut off.

Pete...

Old 01 June 2004, 15:07   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
OK, try to make use of the Filter stuff. With OpenGL or Direct3D setting, you can modify the screen in many ways; even Null Filter can at least stretch or shrink the screen the way you want.
Old 01 June 2004, 17:02   #4
Sbua

Thankyou guys,
I've realised what i was doing wrong after mcbpete's reply
at first i thought "oh ill put the resoulution too 1024 x 768 to get the clearest picture" obviously this made the picture smaller so i put the resoulution down to 800 x 600 but the screen was still small. i tried the next resoulution down but my moniter didnt support it, so i thought that'd be the lowest resoulution i could get. BUT the resoulution doesnt go down in the order i thought it did and now i've realised that my moniter can actually accept most of whats on the list, just not certain ones. so basically it was a misunderstanding error on my part, not the softwares. sorry for the ramble lol and thanx for the answers.