English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 April 2013, 15:16   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

i would like to make a congratulation to the artists who did the last demoparty (revision), their demos were really cool and to a high level
keep up your good work
just really impressive

look at this one !!! what a fucking good job
[ Show youtube player ]
excellent

Last edited by prowler; 09 April 2013 at 23:17. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 09 April 2013, 21:38   #2
diablothe2nd

WOW

I've really gotten into steampunk recently so this definitely scratches my itch

great to see such a variety of good quality demos across the board from ocs A500 to AGA 060 at this party

I hope they keep having these events
Old 10 April 2013, 17:12   #3
vitux
Banned

But why so few productions?
Why all groups never meet, at least the major groups?
For example: When Skarla appears, does not participate Madwizard when participating Loonies/Ghostowns, not going Traktor/Nature, Haujobb yes but no Lemon...

At least once, if all coincide, a competition would be brutal

Elude never fail
Old 10 April 2013, 17:15   #4
corpsicle

First of all this isnt 1995.
Second, that pretty much happened at X last year. Most big c64 groups, new and old, made fantastic demos.
So maybe soon for the amigascene aswell.
Old 10 April 2013, 17:17   #5
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Now that is amazing and impressive!

I'd like to see the demo running in WinUAE but having real trouble getting it to work; files show up on A1200 emulated WB window but tells me I have insufficient memory.

tbh, I'm used to standard ADF files and had little need to touch lha files so this part is a little grey area for me. Nonetheless, suppose you can't go wrong with YouTube lol.
Old 10 April 2013, 17:39   #6
vitux
Banned

Right now I'm watching the animation category
[ Show youtube player ]
That cool graphics for a Amiga game platform, A Sadhow Beast 4
Old 10 April 2013, 19:28   #7
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy View Post
Now that is amazing and impressive!

I'd like to see the demo running in WinUAE but having real trouble getting it to work; files show up on A1200 emulated WB window but tells me I have insufficient memory.

tbh, I'm used to standard ADF files and had little need to touch lha files so this part is a little grey area for me. Nonetheless, suppose you can't go wrong with YouTube lol.
you should put your demo in a drawer, add the s drawer and write a startup-sequence in to launch the demo.
Or you could try to put 8 mb chip but some demos don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
Right now I'm watching the animation category
[ Show youtube player ]
That cool graphics for a Amiga game platform, A Sadhow Beast 4
really cool and relaxing for me the demo is art

Last edited by prowler; 11 April 2013 at 00:21. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 11 April 2013, 15:00   #8
vitux
Banned

I also consider it art.
And this, of PC but is a remake of the original Amiga OCS demos and the known raytraced Phenomena.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 12 April 2013, 19:05   #9
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
But why so few productions?
Why all groups never meet, at least the major groups?
The Amiga scene is not comparable to the lively and rocking C64 scene. There's only few people interested in the platform. It's pretty much dead except for the last standing soldiers that keep on rocking (like Britelite). As such, there's no major scene and no "one party t be at" like X is for C64.

I've said this before, I think the only way the Amiga scene can get more interest is if the hardware gets locked (standardization) and milked to death. Work on plain A500 (Rink a Dink) or work on plain A1200. Accelerators should disappear from the picture.
Old 12 April 2013, 19:13   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

There are still more than enough parties which focus on the Amiga. And "banning" accelerated demos will not help at all as there are quite a few VERY good demos for 030+ Amigas! Even your "hero" Britelite released demos on such systems (hi Britelite btw ). Also, how many Amiga demos have you released so far?
Old 12 April 2013, 19:19   #11
Amiga1992

What does me releasing demos have to do with anything? I'm not even a coder, just graphician and musician. Of course you can disagree with my opinion (as usual), but that last thing has nothing to do with what I said. I also am well aware that Britelite (not my "hero", just someone who is nice and makes cool things) has done things on accelerated machines but that, again, is completely irrelevant to why I think locking down to stock hardware could be beneficial (limitations as triggers of creativity, plus everyone works on the same hardware and compete on the same line and try to push the same boundaries further and further).
Old 12 April 2013, 19:27   #12
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
you should put your demo in a drawer, add the s drawer and write a startup-sequence in to launch the demo.
Or you could try to put 8 mb chip but some demos don't like it.
You're right; it doesn't like 8mb chip. Tried numerous configurations but to no avail. Never mind.

I should really start slapping my head and jog my memory. Embarrassing not being able to recall and do stuff like this from my Amiga days. Too long a gap!
Old 12 April 2013, 19:54   #13
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
What does me releasing demos have to do with anything?
You claim to know why the Amiga demoscene is "oh so dead" without being a real part of it. And complaining about something is easy but it does not lead to a more active scene.

Quote:
I'm not even a coder, just graphician and musician. Of course you can disagree with my opinion (as usual), but that last thing has nothing to do with what I said.
It has because you speak for any active Amiga demo coder so I would expect that you have at least created one demo on the machine you're dissing here (accelerated 680x0) so you know how much work it is to create demos for these limited machines (yes, also an 68060 A4000 has quite a few limitations which are not always easy to bypass!).
Which is why I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion, yes.

Quote:
I also am well aware that Britelite (not my "hero",
That's why you're bootlicking him every time he's posting something here, but yeah, he sure is not your hero.

Quote:
is completely irrelevant to why I think locking down to stock hardware could be beneficial (limitations as triggers of creativity, plus everyone works on the same hardware and compete on the same line and try to push the same boundaries further and further).
You seem to forget that it's not the 90s anymore. While I truly love 68000 OCS demos I also enjoy good 680x0 demos. Without the latter the Amiga scene would be even smaller and if that would be a good thing you can decide for yourself.
Old 12 April 2013, 20:29   #14
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Accelerators should disappear from the picture.
Hala! that you are radical :-)
There are categories for all, old school, accelerated AGA ... do not think it necessary to kill 040-060.
There are still many groups, just saying that there is no chance that all come together-coincide
Old 12 April 2013, 21:17   #15
psygnosis

Thats brill
Old 12 April 2013, 23:45   #16
Amiga1992

Here you go again with your libel and insults ("boot licker"????). I'll be brief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
You claim to know why the Amiga demoscene is "oh so dead" without being a real part of it.
I would like to ask how "I think" means "claim to know" or "fact". It is obvious you have a problem discerning the two because every time you argue with me you make this same mistake.

Anyway, not coding is not "really being a part" of the scene? That's quite a bold, ridiculous statement right there and you are in absolutely no position to say I am not really part of something I been part of for years.
Old 13 April 2013, 00:01   #17
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
The Amiga scene is not comparable to the lively and rocking C64 scene. There's only few people interested in the platform. It's pretty much dead except for the last standing soldiers that keep on rocking (like Britelite). As such, there's no major scene and no "one party t be at" like X is for C64.
I think there's a problem because you didn't start with 'I think' in that very post. Let's calm down and note that it's your personal view on the situation and not a fact.
Old 13 April 2013, 00:05   #18
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I think there's a problem because you didn't start with 'I think' in that very post.
Are you kidding? I said, and I quote:
Quote:
I think the only way the Amiga scene can get more interest is if the hardware gets locked
Old 13 April 2013, 00:09   #19
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No, I'm not kidding Re-read your own post and start complaining again... It's a misunderstanding and one of you both should calm down.
Old 13 April 2013, 00:12   #20
Amiga1992

I do not need to re-read anything, I quoted verbatim what I said and I started my phrase with I THINK.
I also am not the one who flinged insults in any direction. .