English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 31 January 2021, 07:24   #1
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to Doranwen Send a message via MSN to Doranwen Send a message via Yahoo to Doranwen
Incorrect spelling words for Discovery Spell

Says last time I logged in was 2014, lol, so it's been a while, but I was playing Discovery Spell (http://hol.abime.net/3821) with FS-UAE the other day and found a few of the spelling words needed to pass security doors are actually set in the game incorrectly! My guess is combo of misspelling and typo by whoever's job it was to enter the lists in, given the ones in question.

I suggest they be added as hints (cheatcode, someone told me is where those go) so anyone playing will know the expected spelling and not give the incorrect (though accurate) one. (It's not hard to learn it in the game, but would be interesting to see how many can be found overall - will see what I've found when I finish playing each level, lol.)

Level D: "separate" is expected as "seperate"
Level E: "receiver" is expected as "recei7ver"

Also possibly relevant: Level E has a homophone (and there is never any context given), so players should know that it is "horse" and not "hoarse" that they want.

I tried to submit this through the contact form but it gave a PHP uncaught error in two different browsers so I'm guessing that's broken right now.

Last edited by Doranwen; 31 January 2021 at 07:48.
Old 01 February 2021, 16:53   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranwen View Post
I tried to submit this through the contact form but it gave a PHP uncaught error in two different browsers so I'm guessing that's broken right now.
Thanks, I've fixed the contact form error.
Old 05 February 2021, 22:31   #3
Doranwen
Zone Friend

Send a message via AIM to Doranwen Send a message via MSN to Doranwen Send a message via Yahoo to Doranwen
Just found "Caesar" as "Caeser" in level I, lol. Someone needed to do more proofing of those lists before they finalized it all. For a spelling program…