English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 August 2024, 19:49   #1
amiga500archive

Floppy disk Amiga500Archive.com Presentation

It is a collection of game images, demos and programs for the classic Amiga 500 OCS, which have been tested floppy after floppy. The main mission of the project is to preserve the best games, demos and programs that were released on the Amiga 500 OCS and also to archive local production. You can download images in ADF and SCP files individually or even entire categories.

This is abandonware, i.e. old software that its creators have already abandoned and do not provide any support for. The dissemination of this data to the public then increases the chance that this data will not be lost in the future.

You don't need anything more than a classic A500 extended by half a mega ram to use all the software in this archive. Configuration: A500 with KickROM 1.3, 512 kB chip and 512 kB fast = 1 MB RAM, external floppy drive. The images in this archive are suitable for floppy drives and gotek in the classic A500.

For whom it is intended:
- For nostalgics who want to run games, demos and programs on the Amiga 500, and don't want to worry about finding a working version, don't want to delay installing a hard drive and studying how to make the Amiga a more up-to-date machine, but without floppy disks - no way! The Amiga 500 is still great as it is, so keep using the floppy disks and play with it like you did when you were young. Amiga 500 Archive will be your best partner in this.
- For those who love working with floppy disks. Recommended procedure: Get DrawBridge and an external diskette drive for the PC, buy new disks and upload from the downloaded images for the Amiga directly in the environment of the system you use every day and to which you are accustomed.
- If you already have gotek instead of a floppy disk drive in your Amiga, you don't need DrawBridge, you just need a USB flash drive.
- Collectors can find ADF and SCP images of original disks in the Originals category on the website, if they have outlived their collections. This way you can make your original floppy disks again.

Amiga 500 Archive or A500A for short can be found at http://www.Amiga500Archive.com Visit, Download, Share, Link and Watch. Thanks!

Future plans:
- To expand the archive especially with newly discovered games and demos, but also to go through TOSEC chronologically and add other higher quality tested titles to the archive.
- Collaborate on legalization of software archiving so that abandonware no longer moves in the gray zone. Without archives, according to current copyright laws, software would not be preserved: the copyright law releases rights up to 50 years after the death of the author, and even hardware does not last due to component degradation. Each archive thus contributes its small piece to the preservation of as much digital data as possible that was once created by someone, and those often beautiful works should not be forgotten.

If you have any questions, please contact us here or at report@amiga500archive.com

Amiga forever!

Last edited by amiga500archive; 20 August 2024 at 19:51. Reason: wrong thumb
Old 20 August 2024, 21:04   #2
lesta_smsc

Love that interface! Every time I see that screen it takes me back to the early days of WinUAE emulation lol.

Nice site, simple and does the job. Which font are you using?

Are you sticking around the forum as I noted it's your first post as well?
Old 21 August 2024, 13:21   #3
amiga500archive

It´s a pleasure that like the design, thank you.

I´m the newbie here, yes, but in love with Amiga for 30 years
Old 21 August 2024, 13:33   #4
jurassicman

Very nice project and cool website! I like it a lot, especially the demo section 'cause it isn't always easy to remember the name of a demo and having the small image besides the title helps a lot.
Old 21 August 2024, 15:32   #5
chip

Amiga 500 rulez !
Old 21 August 2024, 18:37   #6
arquillos

Wow, very good looking site! Excellent work!
Old 22 August 2024, 01:25   #7
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Like it. It would be nice to have a bit of info with each item. Things like where you are sourcing your disks from. I find that when I search for different versions of a piece of software, they often come from the same source. It is the next step We need to take with our preservation efforts.
Old 22 August 2024, 21:28   #8
AmigaBill

Wow, this is fantastic! Great job. I will certainly be using this valuable resource. Thanks for sharing!
Old Yesterday, 01:14   #9
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Speaking of the font, I noticed there are some kerning errors with it (eg. t and i too far to the right, b and k too far to the left).