English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 March 2019, 00:37   #41
Glen M

In this weeks CRG plays we take a quick look at a new Amiga game called Modsurfer. Play your favourite protracker modules in a guitar hero type setting on the Amiga.

Fast paced, frantic music module action. One of the better casual Amiga games I've seen of late and I highly recommend checking it out. Its a free game and links are in the video description.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 March 2019, 21:44   #42
xubidoo

watched most of your videos and enjoyed them, liked the charity shop run vid, maybe more in the future?

i was always useless at Guitar Hero so no chance im trying that turbo speed Modsurfer heh.

Can see your vids getting better and better, keep up the good work

Old 25 March 2019, 23:26   #43
Glen M

Thanks for the kind words. I've been toying with another game hunt episode so yeah in the future I'm sure you'll see one.
Old 28 March 2019, 00:48   #44
Glen M

In this weeks CRG plays we take a look at Valkyr on the MSX 64K [ Show youtube player ]
Old 01 April 2019, 10:15   #45
Glen M

In this weeks hardware video (apologies for it being late) we tear down and service a 1541 disk drive that was refusing to read discs. Just takes some general maintenance to get it up and running again.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 04 April 2019, 10:26   #46
Glen M

In this weeks CRG plays we take a look at a fairly new Amiga game, Star Dust Wars. Released back in December by Electric Black Sheep this rail shooter is set during the Battle of Yavin. So lets jump in our x-wing and see if its any good.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 April 2019, 00:32   #47
Glen M

I took a week off from videos but we are back and in this weekends hardware video we take a look at the CD32 joypad and try to improve it by fitting microswitches.

Can we make the CD32 joypad nice and clicky?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 April 2019, 14:45   #48
Glen M

Just a quick side note to say that the channel has reached and now surpassed 100 subscribers which is fantastic and I am humbled by those that take the time to watch my content. Plenty more planned and not just Amiga related.

I'm setting a goal of 150 subs by the time the channel is 1 year old in 4 months which may be a bit of an ask but I'm determined to give it a good go.
Old 15 April 2019, 14:52   #49
Gordon
Settler

Well done. The increase in the quality of your videos from the begining is very noticble. Great job with the joypad, though as a gamer when the family is asleep, i need to stick to noiseless rubber controls
Old 16 April 2019, 04:12   #50
xubidoo

great video, never touched a soldering iron in my life, so wouldn't fancy wrecking my cd32 pad lol , but it looked and sounded great when u tested it,always interesting to see what mods people think of, even better when they work well.

Old 16 April 2019, 10:24   #51
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well done. The increase in the quality of your videos from the begining is very noticble. Great job with the joypad, though as a gamer when the family is asleep, i need to stick to noiseless rubber controls
Thanks for the kind words. I'm continually trying to improve the quality of the videos and have a few scenery updates coming soon that should sharpen things up further.

I feel your pain as while I have the man cave and can make as much noise as I want out there I can't get out to it until everyone else is in bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
great video, never touched a soldering iron in my life, so wouldn't fancy wrecking my cd32 pad lol , but it looked and sounded great when u tested it,always interesting to see what mods people think of, even better when they work well.
The clickly switches really does make a difference to the feel of the pad. Its makes the inputs from the d-pad feel a lot more precise. I'm be no means an expert with the soldering iron so use my mods as entertainment rather than a how to video. I've wrecked a fair few things in my day with the soldering iron (damaged the sharp mz-700 in that video) but I'm learning as I go.

I have another couple of CD32 ideas up my sleeve and I'm going to revisit my amiga arcade stick at some point. I also want to cover stuff apart from Amiga despite them being my most popular videos. For example I have a 386 pc coming in the post that I got as a spares and repairs best offer on eBay. Going to try and fix it, clean it up a bit, maybe upgrade it and then sell it on eBay and see how it goes.
Old 17 April 2019, 01:32   #52
xubidoo

id love an old 486 machine to use for just old DOS games, but ,just dont have the space to put one , already got the main pc set up in one corner and the CD32/CRT setup in the opposite corner lol.
Besides the Mrs would kill me if i tried adding something else , (already have a Snes mini (modded) and an Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch under the TV)

All these machines with 100s of games, and not enough time to play them all

Old 27 April 2019, 21:40   #53
Glen M

In this weeks hardware video we start a new refurb project with the Olivetti M300-02 computer that I recently won on eBay. 386SX 16mhz with 4mb ram a 40mb hard drive and not much else. In part 1 of this refurb series we tear down the computer, try to fix the floppy drive and have a think about some upgrades.

[ Show youtube player ]

And don't worry there is plenty of Amiga related goodness planned soon. Its just that old skool PC gaming is something that I've been wanting to have a go at for a while and this old PC just came up a the right price.
Old 04 May 2019, 23:50   #54
Glen M

This weekends hardware video is part 2 of the Olivetti M300-02. This time we have another look at the floppy drive, install our ESS AudioDrive sound card and cd drive.

[ Show youtube player ]

The floppy drive is still not working so if anyone has anyone has any thoughts as to what I can try next please let me know.
Old 08 May 2019, 22:56   #55
Glen M

In this weeks CRG plays we take a look at Quik the Thunder Rabbit. Was the Amiga's Hedgehog a Rabbit???

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 May 2019, 10:07   #56
Gordon
Settler

Great video. Im not really a platform fan but the main character looks really poor in my opinion. Looks like the graphics have been converted a hundred times and ended up with that.
Old 12 May 2019, 12:02   #57
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Hi mate I have Subscribed. I also have a Channel on there I only have Four videos up at the Moment and they are Recordings of me on my Decks. A Sub Back would be Awesome bro and thanks for Commenting on my Post also :-)
Old 12 May 2019, 12:13   #58
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
This weekends hardware video is part 2 of the Olivetti M300-02. This time we have another look at the floppy drive, install our ESS AudioDrive sound card and cd drive.

[ Show youtube player ]

The floppy drive is still not working so if anyone has anyone has any thoughts as to what I can try next please let me know.
I have Two Amiga Floppy Drives here. Would any of those be Salvageable to you to try and Repair the Olivetti? the One I know Reads and Writes fine it's just Loud! and the other Picks and Chooses but maybe there Could be a Way of using the Parts in the Slimline Olivetti I don't know though. Would you Like these? I don't want anything for them just a Sub to my Channel and Some Friendly Advice and Banter on Here :-)
Old 16 May 2019, 10:03   #59
Glen M

Thanks for the offer but I've got another idea for the floppy drive in the works to replace it with something a bit more modern.

BTW drop a link to your channel and I'll take a look. What style of music do you play? A while back in my man cave tour video you may of noticed I've a nice set of 1200s on the bench behind my pc desk. I'm currently working on a few changes to the cave hence why there hasn't been a video this week. The olivetti part 3 will be up this weekend then its onto more Amiga stuff with a cool project I've got planned that hopefully you lot will enjoy!

Oh and I try to make a point of engaging with everyone that comments on my videos. I'm still a very small channel and it doesn't take that long to write a simply reply.

Last edited by Glen M; 16 May 2019 at 10:11.
Old 17 May 2019, 16:59   #60
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Thanks for the offer but I've got another idea for the floppy drive in the works to replace it with something a bit more modern.

BTW drop a link to your channel and I'll take a look. What style of music do you play? A while back in my man cave tour video you may of noticed I've a nice set of 1200s on the bench behind my pc desk. I'm currently working on a few changes to the cave hence why there hasn't been a video this week. The olivetti part 3 will be up this weekend then its onto more Amiga stuff with a cool project I've got planned that hopefully you lot will enjoy!

Oh and I try to make a point of engaging with everyone that comments on my videos. I'm still a very small channel and it doesn't take that long to write a simply reply.

Nathan Milnthorpe

If you type that in you will Find my Channel Easily am not sure how to link it I Apologise

Mainly Liquid Drum and Bass but I do Dabble in Old School Garage and Dub too.

Am Glad you have a Idea to get the Floppy Sorted Buddy :-) if you Ever do need a Floppy Drive for Amiga Projects Etc they won't be Going anywhere. I use Gotek Drives they are Solid :-)

I will also Engage with People i'm very New myself to YouTube with only 3 Subs haha

Last edited by nathanm1991; 17 May 2019 at 17:10. Reason: Forgot to add a Point