English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 06 September 2018, 00:21   #1
Pollock

Removing A500+ case badge

Hello

I have an A500+ that is orange, i kid you not. I can whiten it fine, I've done hundreds, and become extremely proficient at it. Anyway, i haven't done an A500+ before, and i dont want to ruin the case badge, does anyone have any idea how to remove it safely? and i mean with household materials, or tools, as i dont have a can of cold compressed air, to freeze it off

any ideas anyone??

thanks
Old 06 September 2018, 00:41   #2
TjLaZer

Removing A500+ case badge

Unless you plan on submerging it’s in peroxide you shouldn’t have to remove it to retro bright it. But I’m not convinced this style case bad will fade anyway. You risk damaging it if you remove it. And whatever you do do not put plastic cling wrap on it if you retro bright as that causes marbled and blooming damage. What I do is just brush on the cream solution every 15-20 minutes while out in the hot sun for four or five hours and it seems to work wonderfully. This way you can avoid the bad shit entirely and just wipe it off with a damp clean cloth to remove any solution.
Old 06 September 2018, 00:57   #3
Pollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Unless you plan on submerging it’s in peroxide you shouldn’t have to remove it to retro bright it. But I’m not convinced this style case bad will fade anyway. You risk damaging it if you remove it. And whatever you do do not put plastic cling wrap on it if you retro bright as that causes marbled and blooming damage. What I do is just brush on the cream solution every 15-20 minutes while out in the hot sun for four or five hours and it seems to work wonderfully. This way you can avoid the bad shit entirely and just wipe it off with a damp clean cloth to remove any solution.
i dont use peroxide creme to whiten, i use a mild acid bath. Creme is ok for keys, but an acid wash, gives the case a more uniform look.

i've done 100's

Old 06 September 2018, 06:25   #4
ajk

The badge is held on by double sided tape, essentially; gentle heat from a hair dryer or such will help dislodge it. Use a plastic implement to gently pry one side up without bending the badge.

If it's stubborn, you can drill a tiny hole or two behind the badge and poke it through with a needle or such (again, with heat, otherwise you'll make an indentation on the badge). But don't power drill, just use a drill bit between your fingers so you don't go any further than just beyond the plastic.

Always managed to get mine removed like this
Old 06 September 2018, 15:05   #5
Turran

Hm, is there not already a little hole on the back of it so you can push it gently from the inside? Perhaps that is on the 1200s... Been a while for me.