English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 10 December 2016, 14:41   #101
JZon

Don't get me wrong

It boots fine and faithfully, just the user startup not engaging (so it starts on boot) (It being VideoScape 3D)

Maybe because the name of the Video Scape 3D program has starts with a number? Maybe I try the execute command?

No biggie. I still have to try a bunch of different ways first, before I'm supposed to be asking here. I had Alter Image working. But, I'm going back and custom building each config with a clean install. I already got rid of that working (Alter Image) directory and didn't realize I needed some files...

SYSAI.font
SYSAI.otag

I remember this, as I had to overcome this prior. I look online again, check my own database, I'm coming up short. (Can't remember where I got a hold of these) I wasn't too thrilled with my first impression of Alter Image. Then I find a manual online, and find it was also a genlocking package. The manual is for hardware.

K. Going back in and online to see if I can find the software manual (as opposed to the genlock manual) and the .font/ .otag's.

J

out
Old 10 December 2016, 14:57   #102
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
Modeler 3D has an assign for the user startup sequence. VideoScape 3D has multiple lines for the user startup sequence, one of which includes the Modeler 3D line. So I didn't add that one like it said. Then I added the usual startup line at the end. It's not starting on start up. (Just added Photon Paint to auto start no probs)

I wonder where the splash screen went wrong over time?

This picture should explain a thousand words...

Attachment 51255
It probably assumes some specific screen depth that was common back in the day, probably 24-bit RGB. (If uaegfx: RTG GUI panel -> color modes. But note that non-default modes need color space conversion = they are slower)
Old 10 December 2016, 15:19   #103
emufan

this corrupted screen i get too when i use standard aga screenmodes (wb/ks 3.1 a1200 setup).
so i think it is a chipset issue. i remember those things on a real amiga too.
going down to wb/ks 1.3 with ecs fixed it.
Old 10 December 2016, 15:36   #104
JZon

The Great and Omnipotent Toni Wilen

Thank you . Thank you!!

And emu fan, thank you, thank you..

Click image for larger version

Name:	VideoScape3DSplash.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	51259

This is like a flashback! lol Awesome stuff! I went back into Modeler 3D. Can't believe how advanced this was, back then! There was also something else I recall, back in the day. It seemed like the splash screen on a tv or tv monitor was more 'realistic?' compared to on this laptop. Maybe the fuzziness, displayed in original equipment, made the splash screen picture look more 3D? I have yet to play around with the display setting in WinUAE for this config. The last game I officially played was Hybris. It just seems there is something missing as far as the display compared to vintage ware.

Anybody else notice this?

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 10 December 2016, 15:50   #105
JZon

RF Modulator!

looking into rf modulator filter mod now... ... ...

(maybe we can use this technology to bounce communications off the dome to our coordinates, bypass internet, oldschool bbs style?)

Just gmailed an expert...

Last edited by JZon; 10 December 2016 at 16:10.
Old 10 December 2016, 16:20   #106
emufan

Quote:
It seemed like the splash screen on a tv or tv monitor was more 'realistic?'
looking into rf modulator filter mod now... ... ...
in winuae config you can enable scanline effect: Display -> Line Mode -> Scanline
Filter offers some more options to change the displayed image, but some filter use
alot of cpu time. give it a try.

Last edited by emufan; 10 December 2016 at 16:30.
Old 10 December 2016, 16:56   #107
JZon

Yes

I've been here before. It does make a difference. Just not the difference of an actual rf modulator to crt. I have a composite video out external device in 'mothers closet'. Will have to dig it out and try this pc to a tv and see. It may be just the ticket. (full screen too) Did ya'll use these with pal on ya'lls tvs? (rf modulators)?
Old 10 December 2016, 17:45   #108
emufan

Quote:
Did ya'll use these with pal on ya'lls tvs? (rf modulators)?
i was using such a520 box with my first a500 - it was horrible
btw. there are some shader for winuae (1.5.1+ Direct3D Pixel Shader filters), one CRT filter,
which should give some improvement of the display.
unfortunately it does not work for me - cannot select the shader in filter config.
maybe it does work for you.

Last edited by emufan; 10 December 2016 at 18:05.
Old 10 December 2016, 22:55   #109
JZon

Learn something new every day

I try this. Does it go in the plugins folder? (that's where I put it) Then I go to 'Filters' and find a bunch of new D3D choices. (Is this correct? Did these appear here? I hadn't looked prior) Then I try WinUAE's link to Direct X (I think it needs to be updated) to no avail. So I just go directly to MS and download/install, and reboot. Then I go back in WinUAE and try to engage.

I'm not getting any errors. I'm not sure if I'm seeing any differences. (Unless they're so subtle) I noticed on switching scanlines, WinUAE would pause a moment, almost like restarting but not, and then come through with new setting. Are the D3D filters suppose to do something like this? (It doesn't appear to be happening) Maybe there are two settings so different, I can discern a difference, just to see if it's working?

Old 11 December 2016, 00:27   #110
emufan

yes, plugin folder should now include filtershaders, masks and overlays.
just found out what was wrong in my setup, you have to set Direct3D api in
Config -> Misc -> Graphics Api -> Direct3D. now i have the full list with those shaders.
my default was DirectDraw, so the shader were not available.
maybe your default api is DirectDraw too, so just switch to D3D.
the CRT shader from that filter list do not look that great, but at least i can test them, now
Old 11 December 2016, 01:25   #111
JZon

yes

Misc page, Graphics API showing Direct3D. It seemed like it was starting different (an almost crt looking oval look to the black screen), but once booted, I'm not seeing any difference, nor when switching D3D filters.

Still have to do some more poking around though. IDK, somehow my config changed. Not sure if it was me. I try to put it back the way I had it. Not sure if the plug ins had any precedence here. Here is my config..

A4000 68060 P96 µLib & VScap3d.uae

Oops. False alarm. Somehow I had been saving my configs with expansions from when I was trying out ppc. Just take this out?? OK. Does this plugin require any z2 or expansion? (This might be why I'm not seeing anything)

Last edited by JZon; 11 December 2016 at 01:48.
Old 11 December 2016, 01:50   #112
JZon

new config

Just tried uploading new config with same name. (under edit) (didn't work) hence, new post response..

A4000 68060 P96 µLib & VScap3d.uae

SOLVED! Had to change Native to RTG.

Cool filters! Wow! I'm impressed. OK. Going back in for more poking!

J

out

Last edited by JZon; 11 December 2016 at 01:58.
Old 11 December 2016, 02:08   #113
emufan

Quote:

Oops. False alarm. Somehow I had been saving my configs with expansions from when I was trying out ppc. Just take this out?? OK. Does this plugin require any z2 or expansion? (This might be why I'm not seeing anything)
the term plugin is a bit misleading, these shaders influence the image after emulation. they are just visual effects. they do not influence any amiga related hardware/setting.
in that config no filter is set, only"null filter" - the oval look i did not got yet, have to play again with that setting

Quote:
Just tried uploading new config with same name. (under edit) (didn't work) hence, new post response..
under advanced editing, you can remove attachements.
Quote:
SOLVED! Had to change Native to RTG.

Cool filters! Wow! I'm impressed. OK. Going back in for more poking!
now i'm curious, you are using that D3D CRT shader?

#1) found that oval effect, not bad, didnt saw that on first tests.
but the scanlines do not look so real.
the effect in the attached image is cool

#1) D3D: CRT.D3D Bright together with Mask "Shadowmask_Twisty.png" gives some pixel effect.
#2) Mask "Shadowmask_Twisty.png" you can use with filter "null filter" or "none" to get that pixel effect.

*removed image to free some bytes*

Last edited by emufan; 12 December 2016 at 17:33.
Old 11 December 2016, 02:33   #114
JZon

Your image looks like

it isn't supposed to look like that. Not sure. It took me a few times to 'dial' it in. Here is my screenshot and settings...

Name:	Screenshot&Settings.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	51282
Old 11 December 2016, 03:09   #115
emufan

Quote:
it isn't supposed to look like that. Not sure. It took me a few times to 'dial' it in. Here is my screenshot and settings...
hmm, in filter config page: [ mask ] [drop-down-menu select test_overlay.png" ]
your images say "none" - just try it. the effect is useless, but gives some pseudo 3d effect
in the same drop-down menu try "Shadowmask_Twisty.png" for the pixel effect.

#1) can you make a screenshot with CRT shader , but with a bright background?!
in the second image, the scanlines do not look that good. maybe my gfx card got some problems
with the shaders. do your scanlines look the same ?

#2) i tested some shaders with the shadertoy, but they are using a different shader language.
anyway, take a look at that example, nice to play with that too

*removed images to free some bytes*

Last edited by emufan; 12 December 2016 at 17:33.
Old 11 December 2016, 18:00   #116
JZon

Party last night!

Tried to get back. Server error.

Battery about to die..

Here it is..

Name:	White background test d3d crt bright filter plug in winuae64beta hp2kwin8 screenshot PNG.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	51287

Ok. I'm back. Man. Kept getting curve balls. Had to replace this laptop power cord. Good to go now. (ended up turning into Clark Griswald with the power cord 'Christmas Vacation' )

What happened to eab last night? Did ya'll get a server error too? I tried contacting you over at dolphin. (in house msg sys wouldn't let me add the above attachment.)

Would you happen to know how to write a script to make a desktop folder automatically open (to the desktop) when a new file pops up inside the folder? (Windows)

Last edited by JZon; 11 December 2016 at 22:32.
Old 12 December 2016, 17:31   #117
emufan

thanks for your screenshot, take a look at my attachement, looks not right, with same settings.
yours looks much more smoother, mine is way to blocky and somehow distorted.
i think my 6 yrs old gfx card suxx - no new drivers available:/

and yes, Griswald's movies are so great

eab sometimes has such problems you described, database errors, happens maybe every 2 weeks,
not sure what causes that. no responses from admins on that matter. at least i didnt found some.

no clue about that folder feature, i guess this beyond amiga os 3.x capabilities.
well, there might be a tool, sort of "folderwatch" - i have to look for that, not sure if that exists.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	crt.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	51296   Click image for larger version

Name:	wire.png
Views:	56
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	51298  

Last edited by emufan; 12 December 2016 at 17:45.
Old 12 December 2016, 22:22   #118
JZon

Brother Jzon's Tale

Oh yes! Crazy night. I came upon your

request as we were walking to the party,

(next door) and it turned into Robin

Williams in 'RV' trying to get to the

signal, then had to be socialable, then

battery dying.. There were special

effects guys there, IT guys and gals,

strange oysters were there, Crown Royal

was there.. E.T. dropped by...
Then, after midnight, battery low, then

the cord (wall-wart) & Chevy Chase, &

I'm thinking.. the one time you actually

request of me, something...

Finally get the cord in position... eab is down! lol So I said, I'm going to find a way to contact emufan. Then I google and find some chinese place, then dolphin popped up. It wanted to know the Manufacturer Make of the RAM in my machine, to log on... By 2 am...

I was satisfied msging a complete stranger. lol (Did everything I could do)

I'm noticing on the CRT filter, where it bends the edge of the screen, the mouse click position, like on the close window gadget, it's not in the same spot. So, I imagine where it should be, and it works.

Isn't your setup running 1.3? It's my best guess this is where the grain is eminating. Have you tried it out on 3.9?

Old 12 December 2016, 22:57   #119
JZon

Just noticed something.

I went back to unzip the 17 version link in the above dialog, and it's 15. (nonverified) . Your last pic shows version 19? Not sure. I'm trying to recreate your setup on my machine. When I load 15, it tells me it's obsolete. So, I cancel til I check here first. Not sure how it knows this. Maybe it knows better. lol
Old 12 December 2016, 23:06   #120
emufan

what an endeavour you've done - and nope, this eab emufan is unique, i dont use that nick elsewhere

the board error happens sometimes. once i was writing a message, after submit i got that error reply,
thinking I shut down the internet

i tested the crt shader with 3.x config too, looks the same, image was taken with wb 1.3.
but my moire effect looks somehow blocky. i think it is a shortcoming of my graphics card.

Leandro made another version of that crt shader. remove the .txt extension and copy it in
plugins\filtershaders\direct3d. next time winuae starts you can test it.

latest beta build of winuae is 19. you can download here.