English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 03 September 2004, 15:48   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Eek Greatest ending in the history of Amiga games...

I'm lookin' on my "Crappiest ending" thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14912, and gettin' worried with every new post... are there really no fine/good/greatest/magnificent ending in Amiga games???
Old 03 September 2004, 15:56   #2
ant512

The animation sequence at the end of Golden Axe (characters from the game appear and chase some kids out of an arcade) was pretty good.
Old 03 September 2004, 16:08   #3
Hillsy_

Good endings....erm..difficult this one....Dungeon Master had a nice ending..it showed all your characters portraits. A marvel of a game!! All set for Chaos Strikes Back!! I liked Turrican 1's ending....because it played the Credits music, which I liked!!

Hmmm....I've forgotten how Eye of the Beholder ended..you kill the stone golems...then you fight the Beholder..and the ending...Hmm....I've forgotten

Crystal Dragon I finished too, but I cannot remember the ending...

Hmmm....maybe I just didn't finish many Amiga games, or maybe I am getting too old to remember!!

- Hillsy.

PS: I've just remembered!!!!! FLOOD had a good ending!!! Well it wasn't nice, but it was a good ending...one of the best.. Play it and see!! Hmmm...I did finish a few games!!

Last edited by Hillsy_; 03 September 2004 at 16:37.
Old 03 September 2004, 21:14   #4
Macca
Zone Friend

Good endings... hmm that's a hard one as most of the time I've felt let down by game endings.. I did however enjoy Another World's - where the guy you helped save before comes and picks you up and off you go to.. well.. another world!

Flashback again was good - but I think that was more from the story than the ending...

Beneath a Steel Sky - slight twist at the end where the robot controls the machine... would have been great to have a BASS 2.

That's all I can think of for the moment - will think of some more soon...
Old 03 September 2004, 21:44   #5
oldpx

Eye of the Beholder 2 was good.

Old 03 September 2004, 23:04   #6
plasmatron
Zone Friend

ANOTHER WORLD ending was wonderfull. I still love it sooo much.
Old 04 September 2004, 02:06   #7
jamielemon
Zone Friend

another vote for Flood. i've never laughed so much at a game ending. even though it is a bit sad as well. amiga games always seemed to have pretty crappy ending sequences.usually just a static screen and "well done!" or something. i guess they didn't expect many people to finish them.
Old 04 September 2004, 12:42   #8
IFW

Abandoned Places has decent in-game sequences and proper ending, not just "well done"
Also Dragonflight which you can watch with the cheat I discovered and is in hol now.
Actually many RPG game authors seemingly did care about providing an adequate ending rewarding those brave souls wasting hundreds of hours playing their games till the end
Old 04 September 2004, 15:17   #9
Linf
Zone Friend

I always found the ending in Cruise for a Corpse quite amusing.
Old 04 September 2004, 17:11   #10
FromWithin
Music lord

What was that scrolling Ninja beat-em-up arcade conversions with two players? Shadow Warriors? Might have been. The ending on that was good. You get right to the end, and the boss-man is on his knees saying "please don't kill me". One of the ninjas walks up to him....and slits his throat. End.
Old 04 September 2004, 18:20   #11
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linf
I always found the ending in Cruise for a Corpse quite amusing.
I found it a little confusing,(though it has been quite a while to fully recall it all), but the wrap up about several of the characters etc. was an excellent ending overall.

@From Within. Might it be Ninja Warriors? If I recall, that one you primarily had thowing stars &/or knife as your main weapon,(along with terminator effect as you lost energy becoming more robotic in appearance).

@Macca. Last I'd heard,there were rumours that Revolution could be doing a sequel to BASS. No idea if there's been any futher news on it though.
Old 04 September 2004, 20:23   #12
Marcuz

not really a great end sequence, but good climax and in context with the whole ambientation: Perihelion.

i'm sure that something else will come to mind later
Old 05 September 2004, 06:22   #13
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

The One bombed the Another World ending in a featrue about game endings once, even though I also thought to be a really nice ending.

The Secret of Monkey Island 2 has a really interesting ending..
Old 05 September 2004, 14:03   #14
Marcuz

another one that struck me is The Fool's Errand. really really nice. and as in the thread about the ugliest ending, in the posts about lure of the temptress, here too you don't mate with a nice black haired girl
Old 05 September 2004, 16:29   #15
wanderer
I want an A1000

From the few completed games, definitely Another World. One would imagine the Cinemaware games to have great endings. Defender of The Crown, crap ending with fine music, Sinbad, one my all-time-favs actually had more than one (great) endings, King of Chicago, very nice, (Santucci super-mob dead). That's all I can remember for now. Oh, it was too damn difficult to get to that damned ant nest in It Came From The Desert...
Old 06 September 2004, 09:45   #16
manicx

OnEscapee. When I finished it and after watching the ending, my g/f was in tears. It beats the end of Another World by miles. Excellent ending. Pitty the game didn't receive the attention it deserved and most people missed that.
Old 06 September 2004, 11:29   #17
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx
OnEscapee. Pitty the game didn't receive the attention it deserved and most people missed that.
True, it was a great game, supposed to be Another World enhanced/beater, I think it came a little late, when the Amiga was, sad to say, dying. Far more difficult than A.W. but
still a classic.
Old 02 September 2005, 20:14   #18
petza

Turrican 2 Since It Was The Only Game I Finished

Quote:
OnEscapee. When I finished it and after watching the ending, my g/f was in tears. It beats the end of Another World by miles. Excellent ending. Pitty the game didn't receive the attention it deserved and most people missed that.

ROFL GIRLS ARE WIMPS

Last edited by BippyM; 03 September 2005 at 11:01. Reason: need I say?
Old 02 September 2005, 22:56   #19
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by petza
Turrican 2 Since It Was The Only Game I Finished
Hah! That's why I insist that Turrican is better that Turrican 2. It's more challenging. Look, the one and only game ever completed by petza is Turri 2... It'll take a couple of Commodore deaths and broken joysticks to complete the first one. And then you 're becoming a real gamer.
Old 02 September 2005, 23:02   #20
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
True, it was a great game, supposed to be Another World enhanced/beater, I think it came a little late, when the Amiga was, sad to say, dying. Far more difficult than A.W. but
still a classic.
However, let me say here that still I believe AW to be better that OnEscapee. OE is hard to come to grips with and can be very frustrating, even right at the beginning, while the atmosphere in AW is haunting from the start and you really sympathize with the character. AW is not very hard to complete (too easy perhaps) but OE tried too much to better AW and co.