English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 20 July 2010, 02:12   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
req. update for WHDLoad of Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Does someone have the expansion disk? I've been thinking of coming out of retirement and do some more patching.
Good news ! I always wanted to congratulate you personally for your (and CT's) Sweet Cheater.

OT bit
Any chance to have the cheat from your Baal slave support infinite lives + the more powerful gun starting at level 1 ? I discussed about this minor issue here and here. I could make a whole new thread in prb. games eventually.
/OT bit
Old 20 July 2010, 21:23   #2
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDeli View Post
Good news ! I always wanted to congratulate you personally for your (and CT's) Sweet Cheater.

OT bit
Any chance to have the cheat from your Baal slave support infinite lives + the more powerful gun starting at level 1 ? I discussed about this minor issue here and here. I could make a whole new thread in prb. games eventually.
/OT bit
I am currently updating Armalyte and will be starting on Baal soon after. I will take a look at the issue(s), you mentioned on the supplied links, with the Programmers trainer. I will also be adding my own trainer as I need to thoroughly test the game.
Old 21 July 2010, 12:31   #3
Graham Humphrey

The two posts above split from this thread
Old 21 July 2010, 15:33   #4
NewDeli
Banned

Actually, there is something inherent to the game I'd like to draw your attention upon, besides the trainer. When my soldier revisits an area, the monsters he has previously killed appear where they were again, which is annoying IMHO. After I have cleaned a level, I try to mentally draw its map and he is still exposed to falls and mines. I think it's distracting to also have to care for those monsters that were previously killed, even with cheats on.

It has nothing to do with the slave, so it's up to you to offer the possibility to prevent the monsters from reappearing with the updated slave, but I think it would be a welcome addition for those who enjoy the Baal.
Old 26 July 2010, 21:04   #5
Abaddon

Just an update. The slave has been updated/re-written:

Added ButtonDelay
Added blitter waits
Added keyboard fix
Added cpu independnet delays for the intro screen if buttonwait not set.
Custom1=1 - Programmers Cheat (press p to pause then press f6)
Custom2=1 - My Cheat
- All weapons available frrom the start
- Infinite Firepower
- Infinite Fuel (once you get some)
- Invincibility from enemy fire
Old 27 July 2010, 00:23   #6
NewDeli
Banned

Good. Does your sweet cheat also supports
  • Infinite lives
  • Switching from one level to another
As mentioned in the posts I linked, the latter could be improved by making it do the following :
some key combination operates the switch this way 1 -> 2, 2 -> 3 and finally back to 1 (3 -> 1) (to avoid being stuck on level 3) ?

Hope I am not asking too much (immunity to enemy fire seems an acceptable workaround to the issue with the baddies reappearing aka it's probably better not to aim at modifying the games mechanisms as CT once told me).
Old 27 July 2010, 02:24   #7
Abaddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDeli View Post
Good. Does your sweet cheat also supports
  • Infinite lives
  • Switching from one level to another

As mentioned in the posts I linked, the latter could be improved by making it do the following :
some key combination operates the switch this way 1 -> 2, 2 -> 3 and finally back to 1 (3 -> 1) (to avoid being stuck on level 3) ?

Hope I am not asking too much (immunity to enemy fire seems an acceptable workaround to the issue with the baddies reappearing aka it's probably better not to aim at modifying the games mechanisms as CT once told me).
Oops! forgot to list infinite lives.

I'm not done yet, but if you use a combination of Custom1 and Custom2 you will be able press p and F6 to skip level. I just changed the programmers cheat to F6 rather than typing in that rather lengthy cheat, which does work....at least with the fixed keyboard routine.

I'm looking into a way to make the player invincible to running into the monsters as well. Also look into fixing the main game loop to run at a normal speed independent of the processor.
Old 27 July 2010, 03:44   #8
NewDeli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I'm looking into a way to make the player invincible to running into the monsters as well.
He he ! Don't forget the mines. They are lethal to our poor space soldier(s) too.
Old 30 July 2010, 18:37   #9
Abaddon

I'm just about done with the slave, just a few one more issue to resolve (cpu independent speed), but I attached the latest slave if you want to test it out.

Custom1=1 - Programmers cheat activate by pressing pause and F6
Custom2=1 - Invincible to enemy fire, infinite lives infinite fuel, infinite firepower, all weapons.
Custom3=1 - disable collision with monsters, mines and force fields
Attached Files
File Type: lha baaltest.lha (5.1 KB, 254 views)