English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 12 January 2022, 08:42   #1
a600fan

First step in electronic, a course or a mentor or something?

Hi all,

I am a total novice on electronics.
I would like to learn the basics just to try and debug faulty devices (I know that is an hard to reach goal and a profession, but it will be fun to learn as a hobby I hope).

I am wondering if you can recommend any good course online to learn the basics (free or not). I would like something which target small devices repair, specifically.
Old 12 January 2022, 10:14   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

It might be worth starting with a book rather than a course. Despite the marketing gimmick name, the Electronics for Dummies seems to give a good overview.
Old 12 January 2022, 10:31   #3
deimos
It's coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a600fan View Post
I am a total novice on electronics.
It's hard to know what you mean by "total novice", but this is free, so I see no harm in suggesting it:
Dick Smith's Funway Into Electronics
Old 12 January 2022, 11:38   #4
zardoz
Zone Friend

At work I'm signed up to online training (in lieu of face to face training) with Udemy. They do free courses, or you could pay if you think it's worth it for the more advanced courses.

https://www.udemy.com/courses/search...evance&src=ukw
Old 21 March 2023, 10:21   #5
kateSZ

The first step in learning electronics would depend on your individual learning style and preferences. However, here are some general suggestions:

Learn the basics: Start by understanding the fundamentals of electronics such as Ohm's Law, circuit analysis, and components. You can find resources online or in books to learn these concepts.

Get a beginner's kit: Invest in a beginner's electronics kit that contains basic components such as resistors, capacitors, LEDs, and transistors. These kits typically come with instructions and simple projects that you can build to gain hands-on experience.

Take a course: Consider taking an online or in-person course in electronics. Many universities offer courses on electronics, and there are also online courses and tutorials available.

Find a mentor: If you have someone in your network who is knowledgeable in electronics, consider reaching out to them for guidance and mentorship. This can be a great way to learn from someone with real-world experience.

Ultimately, the best approach to learning electronics will depend on your individual learning style and goals. Try different methods and see what works best for you.