English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 November 2015, 11:47   #1
-Acid-

A few OS questions

First up when I install WB3 or ClassicWB using SFS and scsi 43.45 and then run Check4GB I get ok? on the last partition. Is this ok or have I messed something up?

Then when I make a plain install of WB3 and again install SFS and scsi.device as above I still get that problem, but then Workbench does not report the correct drive sizes as can be see in the next screen shot. What do I need to install or patch to make these reading correct like that are in CWB?

Finally, no matter which version of CWB I try using (Full, 3.9 and P96 attempted thought P96 only briefly), I cannot get P96 to work with my CV64/3D. Usually it just comes up on boot saying CVision3D is not executable. I know the card is fully working as I have installed P96 on a plain WB3 and it works there (you can see that on the above picture).

Some help would be appreciated.
Old 07 November 2015, 18:16   #2
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
Usually it just comes up on boot saying CVision3D is not executable.
Check if you have execute protection bit set for Devs:Monitors/CVision3D file? Maybe it's missing and causes the problem.
Old 07 November 2015, 19:04   #3
-Acid-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Check if you have execute protection bit set for Devs:Monitors/CVision3D file? Maybe it's missing and causes the problem.
It is set, the same files work on a plain 3.0 install. All files are extracted from the archive and then installed, this works no problems on 3.0 but when I do the exact same thing on a CWB pack it's either not executable or no new display modes are added to screen prefs. I've also tried the new alpha release of P96 which does the same thing.
Old 07 November 2015, 19:16   #4
jPV

Complains the same if you go to devs:monitors and doubleclick the CVision3D file?
Old 07 November 2015, 19:57   #5
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
First up when I install WB3 or ClassicWB using SFS and scsi 43.45 and then run Check4GB I get ok? on the last partition. Is this ok or have I messed something up?
"OK?" means the drive is bigger than 128 GB which needs LBA48 support.

If you don't get a crash, it should be ok.

Quote:
Then when I make a plain install of WB3 and again install SFS and scsi.device as above I still get that problem, but then Workbench does not report the correct drive sizes as can be see in the next screen shot. What do I need to install or patch to make these reading correct like that are in CWB?
This cannot be fixed. You need a replacement for Workbench, for example OS 3.9, Scalos or DOpus5.