English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 03 August 2001, 19:47   #1
APFelon
Cable Buyer

Keep it Retro

For those of you who are looking for an alternative to Retrogames, VG-N, et.al, I would like to suggest a site run by Nevvie (Old AEN guy). It seems to be tilted toward the Amiga, and the news seems to be fresh. No images/ROMs that I could see, but who really cares?

http://www.keepitretro.com/

Poor guy posted the url to AEN, not realizing that nobody would ever read it there. :hooooo

Opinions?
Old 04 August 2001, 12:17   #2
Navvie

Smile Re: Keep it Retro

Quote:
Originally posted by APFelon
For those of you who are looking for an alternative to Retrogames, VG-N, et.al, I would like to suggest a site run by Nevvie (Old AEN guy). It seems to be tilted toward the Amiga, and the news seems to be fresh. No images/ROMs that I could see, but who really cares?
I'm only an old AEN guy cos it was the first Amiga site with a popular message board and some games I did not have.... I gave up on AEN when the ftp's shut (seemingly forever), got tired of my posts getting deleted from his boards...

There arent any ROMs/images up there cos I just don't have the space available, plus my hosts kinda said "no roms and no " when I got the space... they didn't seem to mind the two pacman MAME roms I have though.

Quote:
http://www.keepitretro.com/

Poor guy posted the url to AEN, not realizing that nobody would ever read it there. :hooooo
14 people read it! (looking at the server logs, analog... i love it truly!) And so 10 people clicked the link here too, are you guys really gonna let AEN get more referals than you? :P

Quote:
Opinions?
Hmm, its the best. no annoying popups/unders and quite a bit of Amiga news... if anyone wants to help me out... with Amiga news or otherwise, mail me.

Was that too much of a plug?

Old 04 August 2001, 12:18   #3
Paul
RIP Friends

Thumbs up

I give it a thumbs up:thumbs_up

The Amiga news is good and loads quicker the Amiga.org web site. It is also easier to navigate. Good work.