English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 18 October 2010, 20:02   #1
_psy

ClassicWB 3.9 bug?

Hello this is my first post but i was registered here from 2006(if i remember correctly) and my username was deleted somehow (because i haven't login for long time? but now i'm going to setup my real amiga again ) , i installed classicWB 3.9 correctly in winuae 2.3 and transfer it to a real hd for use on my real a1200 and all works great but if after the boot i right click desktop and from the menu i double click drawers,software,workbench etc... the system freeze and i can't move the mouse or anything ... only reset works , this happens on winuae (i will install tommorow the HD to amiga) ,the sub menus of drawers etc... works ok. it doesn't happen in the other ClassicWB installs with scalos.
is this a bug ? it happens every time i try it .

ps. Thanks Bloodwych for these GREAT installations!
Old 21 October 2010, 01:15   #2
Bloodwych

Sorry no one could help you with this.

I can't test at the moment, but if I understand you correctly you are saying it freezes if you right click, leave a popupmenu open then try to open a drawer on the Workbench?

Or do you mean selecting a drawer from the actual popup menu?

I've never experienced this in testing with the 3.9 version, but you may be doing something different.
Old 21 October 2010, 01:21   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
@Bloodwych

I think some problems in CWB OS3.9 can be due to a problem with the original OS3.9 install.

I have a problem on my A4000, if I load the 'others' menu it locks up the whole thing, but I didn't have that problem on the A1200 however I used different OS3.9 CD's (one was an ISO and one was the retail CD)

Since every other aspect is working and I don't use the others menu I have just left it, I sugget the OP starts with a fresh install of OS3.9 and see if that helps

Steve.
Old 21 October 2010, 21:49   #4
_psy

yes i think i'ts mainly fault of os 3.9 , so i can live with that
Old 22 October 2010, 01:42   #5
Bloodwych

If this is an issue, it should be fixed. I'll definitely test it if it occurs in WinUAE, but I've never had this issue before.

Seems like an odd one. I know the Popup menu in Scalos has a bug that can freeze the system as outlined on the main webpage under bugs, but this one in OS3.9 is new to me. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 23 October 2010, 15:56   #6
_psy

hi Bloodwych i install the classicWB 3.9 real hd on amiga and it freezes if you right click, leave the main popupmenu open and double left click the buttons drawers,software,workbench (if someone can test this on his system we'll see if it's only on mine :/ ) anyway i try to install CW ADV SP now see how that goes bye!

This is a quote from my other post http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=710225#post710225 , that's my final working install thanks for your time ... bye

------------
hello , thomas the HD is 4.3gb seagate(not CF) and finally i decided to make one 500mb partition ,one 1.7gb and one 1.3gb and install CWB ADVSP.

(all sum below 4gb cause i can't make my CWB3.9(with pfs installed) and CWB ADV SP(with pfs installed) install recognize partitions over 2gb and sum over 4gb , on CWB ADV SP i copied the file scsi.direct(patched last version) from myfiles 128gb support and the amiga doesn't boot (displays the screen with the floppy as i had no HD on boot).

Finally i partition the HD with HDToolbox (classicwb OS 3.9 with pfs installed) on winuae then i booted to classicwb adv sp(with pfs installed) on winuae and format the partitions with pfsformat ,copied all the data from virtual hd to real first partition , installed the hd to amiga and all works fine at last ,
then i copied atapi.device in devs (from idefix as you suggested) and edit the tooltips in CD0 icon (devs/dosdrivers) to atapi.direct from scsi.direct that was before, now i can mount CD and all my partitions works fine

thanks Toni and Thomas for the suggestions

[and how can i tell that i run PFS now? and not FFS ? on HDToolbox it says that my parttions are custom file system etc... and i format them with pfsformat but when i right click to DH0 icon info it says FFS int]
--------

Last edited by _psy; 23 October 2010 at 17:17.
Old 24 October 2010, 01:11   #7
_psy

reinstalled 3.9 and cwb39 from scratch and the freeze happens again(real and winuae) so it's my cd corrupted or something else going on. anyway i'm alright with adv sp install and thankfull , back to install some memmories, games i mean bye
Old 24 October 2010, 14:23   #8
Bloodwych

Did you make sure to install BB1 and 2 before running the install script?

Also, have you tried right clicking and then selecting the option via a single left click - no double click?

Anyway, glad you're up and running with the ADVSP. Enjoy your gaming.
Old 26 October 2010, 12:05   #9
_psy

yes i installed bbangs , if you click 1 time don'tdo anything but if you press again left click it freeze, i installed and amigaos 3.5 with boingbangs and it does the same there too ,thanks for support bye (i really want to install CWB 3.9
Old 26 October 2010, 14:35   #10
_psy

hello i updated CWBOS39 MagicMenu with this update from this thread :
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=695085
and don't freeze anymore !
Old 27 October 2010, 10:43   #11
Bloodwych

Thanks for the info! So, a Magic Menu bug in OS39. I must admit, I never double click popupmenu items, which is probably why I've never caught it.

Once I'm back home and doing some ClassicWB stuff before xmas (as usual) I'll verify this bug and update magicmenu to the latest version.