English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 20 May 2021, 04:22   #1
mightydimo

Any plan to include "longplays" in the database?

Would be a good feature i think. Any plans for it?
Old 20 May 2021, 05:21   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

Can't you simply youtube search in about 10 seconds?
Old 20 May 2021, 06:00   #3
mightydimo

I should have been more specific with my request. Yes, youtube has many of them and is a great source but i would like to make a few longplays of games that either dont have them or are poorly done and a central database would be very useful. For example, there is an "ironclaw" who does many of them but they are numbered and listed differently to the ones "world of longplays" does. Even though they may be the exact same longplay.

There is a database for games, why not for longplays?
Old 20 May 2021, 06:03   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

I was simply asking and replying to your post and question

Maybe you could create a database of longplays. Personally i would just link to the youtube longplay as video files are not small, and with over 2000 games that is a lot of HD space
Old 20 May 2021, 07:10   #5
mightydimo

Problem with linking is they eventually break. Also, before a database is established it would be good to ask permission from the creator... Just in case they make a fuss about never being asked. Im not good with programming but i could help with obtaining files, spreadsheets etc and perhaps making a few of my own longplays (ideally ones where they dont exist).

I dont mind if it fills up a 10TB HDD. I have about 2 spare. All the longplays will easily fit on one 10TB. It would be great if everything is one place. I hear gamebase64 is doing longplays now but i never like the interface with that software. Reminds of windows 98.

Any potential database would need to conform to a naming structure with CRC etc. Im not good with that and it would be good if someone can climb on board or already has the idea to do it.

Say example, 500 games are already done, it can easily be verified with the database and people can focus on the 1500 left.