English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 19 January 2002, 11:39   #21
BeelzebubUK

Hmmmm......the one I had only came on 1 disk but then again it didn't have all the levels on it so it could be the whole game that hes got. Please get him to upload it somewhere so I can try it ASAP. Thanks very much.
Old 19 January 2002, 11:47   #22
BeelzebubUK

Sent him a private message.
Old 19 January 2002, 14:50   #23
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

mayhem disk 1

Mayhem disk 1 has been uploaded to the zone. Dpainter will upload the rest i expect.
Old 19 January 2002, 17:28   #24
BeelzebubUK

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just downloaded that first disk and tried it on WinUAE. Didn't work very well but thats the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god and you said hes got 2 more disks for it as well.....I am in heaven !!!!!!!!!!!

Well I implore everybody to take a copy of this game and try it preferably with 3 friends as its only the 4 player where the game really stands out from the crowds. And always keep a copy of it safe somewhere so if (god forbid) I ever lost every copy I'm going to make it doesn't take me another 18 months to find it again

I'd really like to thank DPainter for being possibly the only person in the world with a copy of the game and eventually realising he had a copy and also Warlock 99 for posting a message to me as well. And of course thanks to everybody who looked for me , humored me and kept this post near the top. Also thanks to RCK for having what is now abviously the most fantastic Amiga forum in the world

I cannot wait to transfer this across to a real Amiga disk and run it on its natural platform.

Now I might just get off my lazy arse and catalogue the 2800 disks I have sitting in the garage.

Enjoy the game everybody........
Old 19 January 2002, 18:02   #25
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OMG! Wow, this is really a special day! I have been reading the ongoing adventures of the search for this game now for ages. When I saw this subject back on the New Topics list, I smiled in amusement as I knew it was due for being pushed back to the top of the list again. It's almost sad to see the search over. I am truly amazed. Is this what it will feel like when Putty Squad materializes?

If I had to guess, I would have figured it would show up in DPainter's library, though. Chalk up one for the yanks...
Old 19 January 2002, 18:22   #26
DPainter

Happy

Sure enough it was just sitting under my nose. I thought I had looked for it when this post first began, but obviously I didn't look hard enough.

Is not this moment one more proof that the Amiga was and is the best computer ever made? And, of course, ABIME.NET is the best Amiga BBS ever! And with my 28.8k modem, I'm feeling pretty retro and nostalgic myself right now, even though I never really played Mayhem.

I think BeelzebubUK should go out there and dust off some of his obscurities and put'em in the Zone. He may have a few gems in that pile as well.
Old 19 January 2002, 18:41   #27
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I agree. I live for people dusting off their disks and upping said disks to the zone. Really!

Oh, and I didn't buy Aegis Animator, but my copy was made from a friend's original, so I was halfway there!
Old 19 January 2002, 19:07   #28
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin' Ghost
I agree. I live for people dusting off their disks and upping said disks to the zone. Really!

Oh, and I didn't buy Aegis Animator, but my copy was made from a friend's original, so I was halfway there!
LOL I tell you, I didn't mind buying good stuff, but boy did I get ticked when I bought crappy stuff. My turning point came when I saved $50 and bought The Black Cauldron, which turned out to be like an exact port from the TRS-80 methinks. Everything was try before you buy after that, with a whole lot more trying than buying.
Old 19 January 2002, 19:26   #29
RCK
Administrator

I'm very glad you have finally complete your quest BeelzebubUK
You can mark the Saturday 19th January 2002 with a white stone in your mind.

Thank you for all the greetings guys, it's this kind of feedback which help us to go further
Old 20 January 2002, 18:37   #30
icycool
Banned

@ Twistin'

>>Chalk up one for the yanks<<

your patriotism disgusts me

the game was found by warlock99 on a cd that dpainter had that was produced in the UK

good work to all those involved.. warlock, dpainter and UK ;-)
Old 20 January 2002, 19:31   #31
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by |cy[ool
good work to all those involved.. warlock, dpainter and UK ;-)
50 quid isn't going to go very far then, 0.000000000000001 pence each, don't spend it all at once

I'm already over budget typing this message
Old 20 January 2002, 20:25   #32
BeelzebubUK

I've actually given the reward to DPainter as I thought he provided the disks. If I've got this wrong them I'm sure DPainter wouldn't mind sharing the reward with Warlock (he might draw the line at the whole of the UK )
Old 20 January 2002, 22:34   #33
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by BeelzebubUK
I've actually given the reward to DPainter as I thought he provided the disks. If I've got this wrong them I'm sure DPainter wouldn't mind sharing the reward with Warlock (he might draw the line at the whole of the UK )
What we really need to do is track down the bloke who actually made the CDs. He must have spent months dumping his 1000's of disks! For some strange reason, there was one CD in his series of five that nobody seemed to have. It took me a few months to track down someone who had this CD. The funny thing is, the guy who had it didn't have any other ones from the series.

It's all starting to sound prematurely like an episode of the TV show "Antiques Roadshow"
Old 21 January 2002, 00:10   #34
BeelzebubUK

Whats the name of the disks ?? I've got 16 CDs with amiga stuff on them. Haven't really bothered to check them out yet.

They are called ACE 1,2 & 3, Merciful 1,2,3 & 5, Golden Games 1 & 2 and Amiga Gold 1 throught to 5 and a couple of others.

I'm thinking of getting a DVD writer soonish so I could hopefully put everything (CD's and floppy disk images) on to 1 disc
Old 21 January 2002, 00:13   #35
BeelzebubUK

Just thought I'd have a quick look at a few of the discs and looks like I may have a very big chunk of every bit of Amiga software ever released. Any requests ??
Old 21 January 2002, 00:21   #36
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by BeelzebubUK
Just thought I'd have a quick look at a few of the discs and looks like I may have a very big chunk of every bit of Amiga software ever released. Any requests ??
Yeah...http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2288
Old 17 February 2002, 13:59   #37
BeelzebubUK

Just thought I'd let you guys know that one of the people that contacted me who remembered Mayhem has started making a PC version of the game using the original graphics and physics. I've just played a beta version which is very very good and eventually the game will have multiplayer capability across the internet and LAN.

Considering that the game requires at least 2 people (preferably 3 or 4 though) I'm assuming most of you haven't really been able to play this game and know how good it really is. Hopefully this will give you all a chance to really see what makes this game such a classic. One of my old friends who used to play this game came down this weekend and oh my god the game was still soooooo good. One of the few games that has not been tarnished by misguided nostalgia. We were in hysterics playing this and I just can't wait to get 4 people playing this again (I even bought a second Zipstick just so we could)

I shall let you all know as and when I get any more updates about the game.

If you haven't got a copy of the original then I have the disks here :

Mayhem Amiga Disk 1,2 & 3 + PC Version

I've been playing it using my A1200. To get it working without falling over I had to boot with CPU cache disabled and using Orginal graphics chipset. Then I boot with TUDE using 1.3 Kick ROM, No fastmem and 512k Chip mem.

Last edited by BeelzebubUK; 02 August 2007 at 02:38.
Old 17 February 2002, 14:22   #38
RetroMan

The game is indeed very kewl We played it on our last Amiga Meeting and we had a LOT of fun
Old 17 February 2002, 14:24   #39
LaundroMat

Any site with the Mayhem PC project on? (I.e. in order to see when it'll be released)
Old 17 February 2002, 18:00   #40
BeelzebubUK

No website. Theres nothing formal been done. Just a couple of guys in France who used to play the game but want to be able to play it on the PC.