English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 12 July 2006, 20:58   #1
mayney
Nooby

Unhappy Bloodwych save game disk..

Hello guys,
I have just got going on WinUAE and its amazing to be playing all these games again....now..
Bloodwych was def. in my top 5 fav's and I was thrilled to play it agian...then I tried to save.... I went into WinUAE and "created an amiga save disk" and then pointed to that adf with the second drive....it didnt seem to work, the game crashed when i tried to load up what I thought Id saved.
If anyone has any ideas, or has played Bloodwych and has a solution , please help!!!
Thankyou
Colin
Ps was also told that a "save state" directly from an amiga would work?
Old 12 July 2006, 23:58   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hey mayney,

You will need to create a save disk from within WinUAE, see this post by coze: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=249517&postcount=5

This thing is you will also need to know what the disk needs to be labelled as... Hopefully somebody else can help you with this as I have no idea.

Save States... to lazy to re-type see http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=238225&postcount=11

Old 13 July 2006, 00:47   #3
mayney
Nooby

Thanks Damien, Ill give it a go!!!

Mayney
Old 13 July 2006, 01:54   #4
mayney
Nooby

Anyone know what the Bloodwych Savedisk needs to be named as?
Old 13 July 2006, 02:15   #5
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
i can remember that i created a custom format adf and used this one as savedisk for Bloodwych. No special diskname was required.
Old 13 July 2006, 02:58   #6
mayney
Nooby

Thanks Adderly, how exactly did you do that.? Ive tried a few ways and am not getting any results. I opened WinUAE and "created aminga blank disk file", and placed it on the desktop, but when i go to save in Bloodwych it dosent do anything....
Im sure Im going wrong somewhere, but unfortunately Im brand new to emulators as of last night....
any info would be seriously appreciated!! Im not even sure how to specifically create a custom format disk..how do you do that?
Old 13 July 2006, 06:24   #7
mayney
Nooby

ok Ive been scouring the net and it seems I have to create a Custom Save Disk for Bloodwych.. can someone please tell me how to create this as Im fairly sure its not through the "Create blank Amiga disk file" option...
Colin
Old 13 July 2006, 07:49   #8
Bloodwych

Another option is:

http://www.classicgaming.com/bloodwy...-downloads.htm

In other words use the WHDload (hard drive) version of the game - it's far better as you can have up to 10 savegames. Transferring the party over to the data disk is also easy.
Old 13 July 2006, 08:10   #9
mayney
Nooby

Thanks....actually I believe I tried that, and played it for a while..but remember not being able to get any further due to a bug. A certain key wasnt on a shelf or something....that ring any bells? Ill def. give it a go..but Im alsmot sure that was it..
Wanted to ask, can I use this version with WinUAE or does it have its own emulator?
Old 13 July 2006, 08:43   #10
Bloodwych

If it's the same part of the game I'm thinking of then I don't think it's a bug. Are you referring to a missing chromatic key in the extended levels/data disk? You have to talk to the local shopkeeper and buy it from him, but I think you only get one chance and he doesn't drop it if you kill him (could be wrong though).

If not then I'm unsure; I finished both the whdload versions of the games with my brother without issues a few years ago. I've never tried that version - it may not even work! You can set it up yourself - whdload packs are here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24216

Then you'll need a workbench to run it in - as long as you have a workbench 3.0/3.1 adf you can use one of these in winuae:

http://classicwb.abime.net/

OR get hold of these adf versions people are talking about above - if they work as described it will be the easiest way if you're not familiar with WinUAE hard drive emulation.
Old 13 July 2006, 09:11   #11
mayney
Nooby

Ok it was definately a different version...actually now that I think abou tit....it was the pc version. No emulation involved....!
To be honest I really dont have any clue how to go about using th harddrive version..I looked the links and my eyes glazed.....thankyou very much for taking the time to help me though. Maybe with a bit more time I can wrap my head around it!
i dont suppose you know how to create the custom savegame disk in WinUAE?
Old 13 July 2006, 09:19   #12
Bloodwych

I've never used the custom save disks as whdload is my best friend, but the guys were talking about it here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23565
Old 13 July 2006, 09:38   #13
mayney
Nooby

Thanks! I think Im just not designed to understand this stuff! haha I cant actually figure out what to do when i want to save it, or load it. Im in game..Ive created a custom disk image, in the amiga games folder...one named as bloodwych.adf and one named as bloodsave.sdf for good measure...just cant figure it out!
Old 13 July 2006, 16:05   #14
DamienD
Banned

mayney, just use Save States then http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=238225&postcount=11

This is what I use all the time... Much simplier, no need to swap .adf files and you can save as many as you like
Old 13 July 2006, 16:12   #15
Paul
RIP Friends

@DamienD I posted about adding save state to FAQ here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=256108#post256105

But Toni said to not tick 'Enable state recording' as this was not too stable yet. It works without ticking this box anyway.
Old 13 July 2006, 16:16   #16
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
But Toni said to not tick 'Enable state recording' as this was not too stable yet. It works without ticking this box anyway.
Cheers Paul, I read Toni's comments and just modified my original post. Many thanks
Old 13 July 2006, 16:27   #17
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
mayney, just use Save States then http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=238225&postcount=11

This is what I use all the time... Much simplier, no need to swap .adf files and you can save as many as you like
There are some shortcuts for save & load the savestates in WinUAE. Mapped to the joypad/joystick it is very comfortable to play through the games.
Old 13 July 2006, 21:48   #18
mayney
Nooby

Thankyou all....!! Im going to try every avenue until I get going....

Colin
Old 13 July 2006, 21:52   #19
mayney
Nooby

Savestate, works very nicely....thanks all.....
Im here to stay
Colin