English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 31 May 2011, 10:57   #1
sodapop

Enabling Auto-load option

Hi Toni,

Would it be possible to enable (or re-enable) the "auto load" option in "Configurations" ?
I mean, I have to manually load my config file each time I start Winuae otherwise the HD settings and other options are ignored (my config is A1200, HD, Picasso96...)
It's not a big deal anyway, but it could be helpful...

Thank you !
Old 31 May 2011, 11:31   #2
thomas

Name your config default.uae or run winuae with command line options winuae.exe -f yourname.uae. Don't forget to save the config with "show gui on startup" option disabled.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:48   #3
sodapop

Saving a proper customized A1200 config file (with HD, No 24-bit addressing, RTG...) under "default.uae" won't do the trick.... UNLESS I disable "show gui on startup", you're right ! [Edition: sorry, I disabled "Start in Quickstart mode", and not "Show GUI on startup" !]
Thank you !

It seem a bit weird for me, but as long as it work, it's ok !
Mybe it would be more useful to have the "auto load" option available ! ;-)

Thank you !

Last edited by sodapop; 31 May 2011 at 13:55.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:53   #4
thomas

You can specify command line options on the shortcut. No need to open a console window.
Old 31 May 2011, 13:08   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
Saving a proper customized A1200 config file (with HD, No 24-bit addressing, RTG...) under "default.uae" won't do the trick.... UNLESS I disable "show gui on startup", you're right !
Please attach your config file and describe exactly what you did and what happens.
Old 31 May 2011, 13:51   #6
sodapop

[sorry Thomas and Toni, I made a confusion, I disabled "Stat in Quickstart mode" to have my config ENTIRELY loaded at startup, and not "Show GUI on stratup" !]

Here is my config file...

Basicaly, I set up an A1200 emulation, with HD (DH0 and DH1), Roms and WB 3.1, 2Mb CHIP and 4Mb FAST, Picasso96 with 8Mb...

If I save this config with "Start in Quickstart mode" enabled, several options are missing: HD files are not loaded, KS 3.0 instead of 3.1, 24-bit addressing is always enabled so no access to the RTG and some CPU features, and so on...

I have to load the config file manually if I want all these options taken into account, OR I must disable "Start in Quickstart mode" (sorry for the confusion with "Show GUI on startup", wich is not involved there...)

Thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: uae default.uae (15.9 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by sodapop; 02 June 2011 at 08:15.
Old 25 November 2019, 17:03   #7
Rugruth

In advance, sorry for the Post Necromacy.

I wanna thank OP, his solution worked for me.

I had the same problem, some settings won't autoload from "default.uae" unless "Start in Quickstart Mode" is unchecked (for me, hard disk config).

Once I did that all my config worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
[sorry Thomas and Toni, I made a confusion, I disabled "Stat in Quickstart mode" to have my config ENTIRELY loaded at startup, and not "Show GUI on stratup" !]

Here is my config file...

Basicaly, I set up an A1200 emulation, with HD (DH0 and DH1), Roms and WB 3.1, 2Mb CHIP and 4Mb FAST, Picasso96 with 8Mb...

If I save this config with "Start in Quickstart mode" enabled, several options are missing: HD files are not loaded, KS 3.0 instead of 3.1, 24-bit addressing is always enabled so no access to the RTG and some CPU features, and so on...

I have to load the config file manually if I want all these options taken into account, OR I must disable "Start in Quickstart mode" (sorry for the confusion with "Show GUI on startup", wich is not involved there...)

Thanks !