English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 December 2010, 22:52   #1
QuartZ

Problem with XPK packed modules dirs

Hi,

Finally decided to write here.

I've tried everything, but I can't find the reason why:

a) I've got on my PC all of my Amiga harddrive directories including a couple dirs full of music modules from my old A4000 that was used with my BBS Bermuda Triangle / Mystic.

b) Those two music directories are using XPK (SQSH) and are mounted as, for example DEVS:MODZ

MODZ includes this setup:

Handler = l:XFH-Handler
Startup = "!ROOTDIR=dh4:MUSICA/MODS/Upload_Mods/!FAILONEXNEXT=OFF!PACKMODE=SQSH!AUTOCOMPRESS=ON!XPKPRIORITY=0!"
Priority = -1
Stacksize = 600000
GlobVec = -1

After booting to workbench I just access the mounted modz: with a music player like Hippoplayer to load my modules as if "unpacked".

c) the problem is that if the files are more than about 100kb they won't open ("cannot open file" or so). I didn't have this problem before, can't really understand what has gone wrong. The files work fine on the original A4000 and have worked on WinUAE as well. But not anymore. Tried previous versions of WinuAE, different settings, different music player, filemaster...

d) I've being too much away from my Amiga days, so I can't really remember much about the zillions of files I've installed back in the 90's

e) I don't really care about them being packed, but since I can't read the "bigger" files I can't unpack them permanently. Space is not an issue anymore.

Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: Seems that the XPK-SQSH music module files were somewhat corrupted, because the flags were something else than REWD. I re-copied all of the modules from my A4000 (which is quite a struggle since I've got to do some MacGyvering). Anyway my guess is that the Windows 7 side of things changed some vital information in the modules dir, the real reason is still unknown to me... just hope it won't happen again.

And finally: WinUAE rULEZ! Nothing beats good old nostalgia and that the thousands of files (lots of old school exclusive scene stuff) are saved from my A4000 IDE & SCSI HD. Thanks Toni! Hemmetin hyvää duunia!

-QRZ

Last edited by QuartZ; 14 December 2010 at 22:30. Reason: Problem solved (kind of)

Old 29 December 2010, 00:39   #2
sink

cool.. that work now? your bbs was under x/ ? and it's possible to have in private content because I collect all things that are relevant to the scene, sometimes you have some little wonders?