English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 September 2021, 18:46   #961
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...uae_4900b35.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...e64_4900b35.7z

Beta 35:

- Adjusted 68000 IPL sampling timing. (Spectre Party / Phenomena, F1GP by MicroValue. Not Microprose!)
- Blizzard PPC: if RESET m68k instruction executed, apparently board logic also forces external CPU reset.
- Fixed GDI handle leak (GUI panel change always leaked 2 font handles)
- Updated GUI tab order.
- If emulator was started by selecting statefile and GUI was opened after starting emulation, every time GUI Misc panel was opened, selected statefile was set to reload when GUI exited. (b31?)
Old 29 September 2021, 10:46   #962
Viceroy

Just noticed a possible bug with the latest 35 beta.

Let's say I had "Fastest possible" set, and also for some silly reason "Cycle-exact (Full)" set.

If I then untick "Cycle-exact (Full)", then "Fastest possible" now changes to "Approximate".
Old 29 September 2021, 20:49   #963
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Just noticed a possible bug with the latest 35 beta.

Let's say I had "Fastest possible" set, and also for some silly reason "Cycle-exact (Full)" set.

If I then untick "Cycle-exact (Full)", then "Fastest possible" now changes to "Approximate".
It is side-effect of "silly" changes. It is ok
Old 29 September 2021, 21:25   #964
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It is side-effect of "silly" changes. It is ok
Thank you ;-)
Old 30 September 2021, 18:59   #965
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
- Adjusted 68000 IPL sampling timing. (Spectre Party / Phenomena, F1GP by MicroValue. Not Microprose!)
Made In Croatia by Binary -> there now is a problem at start of the demo in 4900b35! (old CPU ucode IPL problem mentioned in the "Problematic Demos" thread)

(Quickstart A500 1.3 OCS/ECS 512 + 512 config.)

EDIT: If untick "CIA TOD Bug" in Advanced chipset it works again!
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=699 --> "untick "CIA TOD Bug" in Advanced chipset as a workaround"
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=700 --> "CIA TOD bug is the only option that is a sort of a hack fix"
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=706 --> "disk timing sensitive"
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=710 --> Properly fixed!
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=711 --> Explanation!

Last edited by amilo3438; 30 September 2021 at 20:22.
Old 30 September 2021, 19:11   #966
Zarnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Made In Croatia by Binary -> there is problem at start of the demo in 4900b35!

(Quickstart A500 1.3 OCS/ECS 512 + 512 config.)

Yes ( original OCS/ECS version ). The old problem is back ( crash and Guru ).

http://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/G...eInCroatia.adf

Last edited by Zarnal; 30 September 2021 at 19:36. Reason: typo
Old 01 October 2021, 08:48   #967
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It does stupid interrupt setup (=IPL timing dependent. No one is surprised anymore.), CIA bug change is only a workaround, stupid setup enables CIA-B interrupt which state depends on CIA TOD bug.

This can be worked around easily but I'll need do some testing first.
Old 01 October 2021, 20:50   #968
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Another 68000 IPL timing update. Made in Croatia works again and F1GP and Spectreparty still works
Old 02 October 2021, 23:49   #969
saimo

@Toni

Starting from b33, floppy drive emulation is broken: if cycle-exact emulation is not selected, writing to floppy images either lasts forever or even causes the system to freeze (but WinUAE responds to F12 and is able to reset). Floppy emulation speed does not matter (i.e. 100% speed doesn't solve the problem if cycle-exact emulation is off and turbo speed works fine if cycle-exact emulation is on).
Initially I stumbled upon this problem when writing to an ADF on a USB pen drive and I thought that the device was broken, but after several tests and reformatting, I came to the conclusion that the problem might be elsewhere; so I created a couple of ADFs on the desktop and the result was the same.
For testing, you can use the last configuration file I sent you (if you don't have it anymore and you need it, just let me know).
Old 03 October 2021, 02:39   #970
Rotareneg

I couldn't duplicate that with an A500 quickstart without cycle exact, but with an A1200 non-cycle exact quickstart Workbench would freeze if I used the turbo key while formatting a floppy disk, worked fine if I left it to format at the normal speed (with floppy emulation set to either 100% or turbo, didn't matter.)
Old 03 October 2021, 13:24   #971
saimo

I did more tests and found something interesting.

First off, something I forgot to mention:
* FFS;
* ROMs: 3.1

The problem happens with files of at least 17170 bytes (yes, such an odd and exact figure).
The tool used for writing the files does not matter - I have tried the Workbench standard drap&drop function, the Copy command from shell and ClassAction.

Then, I tried with Copy after booting without startup-sequence: it works fine with files of any size. Eventually, I found that the cause is the NoClick option in the trackdisk prefs of MCP: once disabled, writing works fine again.

Even if the problem is triggered by a patch, I've been using that forever, on both my real A1200 and on UAE (whose system is basically a clone of my real Amiga plus RTG), and, as reported, the problem only surfaced with b33, so maybe it's worth investigating.
Old 03 October 2021, 14:30   #972
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It is not directly floppy related but trackdisk.device use of blitter queue (MFM encoding) when writing to the disk. Blitter interrupts seem to have something wrong in "less compatible" modes.
Old 03 October 2021, 17:19   #973
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...uae_4900b36.7z
https://download.abime.net/winuae/fi...e64_4900b36.7z

Beta 36:

- Lores Display panel resolution mode: horizontal DIW values had wrong masking, bitplane left/right edge missed 1 pixel column or had 1 pixel column too much. (b29)
- 68000 IPL timing adjustment, IPL copy seems to be done when CPU is going to do read/write data during second part of memory cycle if followed by prefetch memory access. Previously it was after memory access which seems to be too late. (Made In Croatia / Binary)
- Horizontal mid screen HAM mode enable/disable combined with resolution change didn't anymore work correctly (Runaway / 2000AD, "Use joystick to move scroller!!" part)
- Fixed "box art" window image filehandle leak.
- Warp mode was much slower in Direct3D 9 compared to Direct3D 11.
- Don't emulate chipset emulation interrupt delays if not approximate/more compatible CPU speed. Delays are far too large in fast modes where chipset/chip ram accesses have unrestricted speeds. Fixes random hangs when formatting/writing to floppies.
Old 03 October 2021, 21:49   #974
saimo

Quote:
- Don't emulate chipset emulation interrupt delays if not approximate/more compatible CPU speed. Delays are far too large in fast modes where chipset/chip ram accesses have unrestricted speeds. Fixes random hangs when formatting/writing to floppies.
Confirmed to work fine now. Thanks for the quick fix!
Old 03 October 2021, 23:06   #975
Viceroy

Hi Toni,

I'm happy to say that scrolling through "covers" from start to finish worked perfectly with DamienD's collection ;-)

...but then I decided to exit WinUAE, start again, and then scroll through title / screenshots. Crashed about 65% through...

Must be a memory leak here also.
Old 05 October 2021, 18:02   #976
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
Hi Toni,

I'm happy to say that scrolling through "covers" from start to finish worked perfectly with DamienD's collection ;-)

...but then I decided to exit WinUAE, start again, and then scroll through title / screenshots. Crashed about 65% through...

Must be a memory leak here also.
I found another (old) bug related to this window. But does it happen randomly or always when you select specific config file?

Always do the test 3 times to see if it is random or not
Old 05 October 2021, 19:17   #977
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Hi Toni,

Just got a crash with b36 while roaming thru the options. DMP attached.

Also I can't get RTG to auto-switch anymore - the main screen becomes black and I can't do anything. I have been able to work around the issue by specifying two separate monitor. I'm sure it must be something weird I have done in the config, but I can't find the correct option to make it work again

Config attached just to be sure.

Thanks!

EDIT: Actually I haven't got RTG enabled at boot on my install - it should start in High Res, I usually switch to RTG later. If I disable the Voodoo 3, then I don't get the black screen issue
Attached Files
File Type: dmp winuae_x64_4.9.0_bBeta 36_2021.10.05_19.15.28.dmp (133.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: uae A4000 3.1 Test.uae (13.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 05 October 2021, 19:38   #978
Viceroy

Quote:
I found another (old) bug related to this window. But does it happen randomly or always when you select specific config file?

Always do the test 3 times to see if it is random or not
Not loading any config, just scrolling through the configurations list from start to finish.

Usually occurs around 65% percent but sometimes later. ;-)
Old 06 October 2021, 18:49   #979
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Also I can't get RTG to auto-switch anymore - the main screen becomes black and I can't do anything. I have been able to work around the issue by specifying two separate monitor. I'm sure it must be something weird I have done in the config, but I can't find the correct option to make it work again
Does END+F9 still switch normally? Native (usually grey if there is nothing to be seen) and Voodoo (black). In that case it switches correctly, there simply isn't anything to see.

EDIT: HDF needed to debug this more.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 06 October 2021 at 19:20.
Old 10 October 2021, 21:34   #980
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Does END+F9 still switch normally? Native (usually grey if there is nothing to be seen) and Voodoo (black). In that case it switches correctly, there simply isn't anything to see.

EDIT: HDF needed to debug this more.
Yep, it does. So WinUAE actually autoswitches to RTG even if it's not active, as soon as you enable an RTG card?

If that's intended behaviour, then consider my "bug report" closed
If you still need me to upload the HDF, just let me know and I will gladly do so.

If I can make a suggestion, maybe an CHIPSET/RTG indicator in the status bar might help troubleshoot what some users might seem like a bug?

Example: I would probably enable the RTG card before even installing drivers, if the same thing as above happens, I would end up with a non-booting system, spending the next few hours troubleshooting a non-issue, or even thinking that maybe the RTG card I have selected in WinUAE is not working properly Anyway, these are my two cents, thanks as always for your incredible job