English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 January 2022, 19:12   #1
methodman

Windows Mouse not working inside Winuae 4.9

I have never had any problems with windows mouse operating inside of Winuae, but all of a sudden, after 6 years my mouse has stopped functioning inside. But it works for every other thing I want to do. Any ideas. I also learned how to create the x-arcade buttons and joystick in the input section, but it doesn't seem to save my config files. I will play around with it some more.
Old 06 January 2022, 19:19   #2
methodman

So when I visit the input mouse after launching and entering Winuae

After I get Winuae 4.9 running, Every time I have to go back and reapply the windows mouse input in order to get it to work. I press F12 then change it back to windows mouse and I can't seem to save that in the config.
Old 06 January 2022, 19:22   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Not enough information.What does reapply mean? Does it still show windows mouse? Is it empty? Something else? Perhaps you have mouse/joystick autoswitch enabled and some weird mouse.

This is unlikely to have anything to do with 4.9.
Old 07 January 2022, 22:50   #4
methodman

I figured it out. I have Amiga Forever on my C:\ HD but all my Amiga stuff is on the D Drive I moved everything over to the D:\ drive and now it runs smooth. I was having problems with the mouse, not being able to work inside Winuae and None of my settings to assign any inputs for x-arcade would save. But the idea is make sure your entire Amiga Ecosystem is on the same drive So I copied the Amiga Forever stuff over to the D Drive now everything works flawlessly. The only issue I have is that I am in the process of installing WHDLoad onto BetterWB and I accidently overwrote my completed BU. Is it possible to create a one level backup configuration auto save. That automatically makes a copy? Kind of like an undo switch. Thanks for your reply.
Old 07 January 2022, 22:52   #5
methodman

Also I forgot click portable and isn't it good practice to click the 1 gig HD also?
Old 08 January 2022, 12:26   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Yeah, portable mode (ini mode) is good idea if you also have other WinUAE installations.

1G option is only needed if some program complains about lack of free space when installing or saving. (=partition is larger than 2G and has common signed overflow in size calculations or partition is larger than 4G and uses 32-bit arithmetic to calculate free space)