English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 August 2008, 23:19   #1
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Angry Problem with inteference - wireless keyboard and mouse

I know that this isnt Amiga related but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

I have huge problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse. At random i suddenly get no signal between them and the reciever - I have changed batteries, changed channel etc all to no avail

The problem is so bad that during these spells of inteference i cannot even use either keyboard or mouse 2 inches away from the reciever!

I'm now using my third keyboard and mouse - but it has made no difference. All have been different makes.

Don't say to me use a wired set - I am using a 32" screen and dont have much option in where I can place things - unless the wires were 3 meters or more, I am too close to the TV.
Old 25 August 2008, 00:32   #2
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Hello,
A few random thoughts from personal experience:
-One of the wireless jobbies I had didn't like rechargeable batteries (logitec) - strangely it got worse with time - using 'normal' ones fixed it. (in non-living rooms - weird)
-I guess you've got some kind of HTPC plugged into said telly (I'm doing something similar with a projector). What other sources of IR radiation have you got in the room that may be interfering?
Start turning stuff completely off (inc the telly! - bring in a monitor for testing).
Remove all the hand controllers too - some can be letting out signals even when not being used.
If you have a wood floor try putting the reciever on the floor & see if that helps.
Try alt keyboard + mouse - my (expensive) logitec set gave me all sorts of trouble even after I stopped using rechargeables (it was in the manual). I bought an el-cheapo set to try fearing the worst & they have given no trouble at all - and aren't picky about batteries!
Old 25 August 2008, 00:42   #3
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Interesting point about recharge & logitech - I am using labtec at thed moment tho... and i'm not on recharge (rechargeables are only 1.2v not the regular 1.5v)

I have already turned everything in the flat off with no change - I am wondering if it is one of my neighbours that has something which inteferes...
Old 25 August 2008, 01:05   #4
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Maybe your neighbour has one of these:
Old 25 August 2008, 01:09   #5
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Now thats a project for next year - I dont have space for that many microwaves at the moment!