English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 30 October 2021, 15:45   #141
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok thanks for answering, yes I had noticed that the version had changed, but the too many coincidences made me think of some mistake
Old 30 October 2021, 15:52   #142
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ok thanks for answering, yes I had noticed that the version had changed, but the too many coincidences made me think of some mistake
Indeed - I thought that too when you pointed the size out . Especially as this is the first release compiled and built online directly by Github Actions, although I did of course compare it with my usual local build, just to check everything was the same.
Old 30 October 2021, 16:05   #143
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks again for the reply, I'm testing iBrowser on AROS One 68k and I'm getting a strange error that you can see in the screenshot, is there a solution? the other Browsers work fine on AROS 68k

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 November 2021 at 13:28.
Old 30 October 2021, 16:15   #144
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Thanks again for the reply, I'm testing iBrowser on AROS One 68k and I'm getting a strange error that you can see in the screenshot, is there a solution? the other Browsers work fine on AROS 68k
Looks like you are missing MUI:Libs/mui/Newstring.mcc. IBrowse is supplied with this, although MUI 5.0 comes supplied with a version that maps it to MUI's string class, IIRC.
Old 30 October 2021, 16:25   #145
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS 68k normally uses its MUI (Zune) libraries in the path SYS:Classes/Zune/.

The library "Newstring.mcc" AROS 68k version does not exist, with some native OS3 programs I can make them work using the MUI libraries in the path MUI:Libs/mui/, with the Newstring.mcc the trick did not work, I will do more experiments
Old 30 October 2021, 16:42   #146
AMIGASYSTEM

I tried an old version of Newstring.mcc downloaded on Aminet and something has changed, Newstring.mcc has been found, now iBrowser starts even if I have a white screen !

https://aminet.net/package/util/libs/NewString_MCC

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 July 2022 at 18:49.
Old 29 April 2022, 17:02   #147
bernd roesch

I get a message from gmx mail service that i use tls 1.0 or 1.1 and this is soon not support anymore. i should go to ls 1.2 or 1.3. I installed newest amissl 4.12

how can i force this that it use higher ssl versions or need this support in YAM or other amiga mailers ?
Old 29 April 2022, 17:57   #148
Futaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd roesch View Post
I get a message from gmx mail service that i use tls 1.0 or 1.1 and this is soon not support anymore. i should go to ls 1.2 or 1.3. I installed newest amissl 4.12

how can i force this that it use higher ssl versions or need this support in YAM or other amiga mailers ?
The best version should already be automatically negotiated, depending on what the server offers - I tested with the GMX mail servers, and TLS 1.3 gets chosen here.

You need to make sure the software that you are using is actually using AmiSSL v4 and not some earlier version. For YAM, that means 2.9p1 minimum, or better still use a nightly build.
Old 30 April 2022, 19:14   #149
bernd roesch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
The best version should already be automatically negotiated, depending on what the server offers - I tested with the GMX mail servers, and TLS 1.3 gets chosen here.

You need to make sure the software that you are using is actually using AmiSSL v4 and not some earlier version. For YAM, that means 2.9p1 minimum, or better still use a nightly build.

I test 2.9p1 and it bring a error with init tls V1

I look with snoopdos. it open a .0 cert file but later it want open with same chars before dot a .1 file. this is not in cert folder. there are only .0 cert files. i look folder dir is ok

EDIT: I later install the 2.5 i used before. this too miss the .1 file but it can load mails ok. what can be problem with 2.9p1 ?
it use same newest amissl . how can i check which tls version yam 2.5 use ?. maybe it can work with 1.3 too ?

Last edited by bernd roesch; 30 April 2022 at 19:27.
Old 30 April 2022, 19:39   #150
bernd roesch

Quote:

Seem 2.9p1 did not work. only the nightly build work with the amissl 4.12. https://aminet.net/package/util/libs/AmiSSL-4.12
question is does the nightly work stable ?. do more use them daily ?
Old 30 April 2022, 20:58   #151
Futaura

Quote:
Seem 2.9p1 did not work. only the nightly build work with the amissl 4.12. https://aminet.net/package/util/libs/AmiSSL-4.12
question is does the nightly work stable ?. do more use them daily ?
Sorry - I should not have paid attention to the YAM release date on GitHub (2016). I see the ChangeLog says 2014, but I got my dates muddled anyway as AmiSSL v4 was released in 2017 .

So, yes, you need the YAM nightly build to use AmiSSL v4 which currently supports TLSv1.0 - TLSv1.3. Are you able to use gmx mail now without problem? BTW, it is not necessarily a problem when certificates fail to load, as long as it finds one eventually.

You will not get anything higher than TLSv1.0 support in AmiSSL v3 and older, and therefore YAM 2.5 or any version older than the nightly builds are limited to this too. AmiSSL v4 is really is the minimum these days.
Old 02 May 2022, 18:21   #152
bernd roesch

Quote:
Sorry - I should not have paid attention to the YAM release date on GitHub (2016). I see the ChangeLog says 2014, but I got my dates muddled anyway as AmiSSL v4 was released in 2017 .

So, yes, you need the YAM nightly build to use AmiSSL v4 which currently supports TLSv1.0 - TLSv1.3. Are you able to use gmx mail now without problem? BTW, it is not necessarily a problem when certificates fail to load, as long as it finds one eventually.

You will not get anything higher than TLSv1.0 support in AmiSSL v3 and older, and therefore YAM 2.5 or any version older than the nightly builds are limited to this too. AmiSSL v4 is really is the minimum these days.

currently gmx work with 1.0 they only send a message that they in future deactivate 1.0 and 1.1 support. when they allow only 1.2 and 1.3 they did not tell.
Old 01 June 2022, 20:07   #153
bernd roesch

from today gmx does not work with tls 1.0 1.1 . it stop work with my old YAM but with the latest YAM developer version and newest amissl it continue to work
Old 01 June 2022, 21:02   #154
Futaura

Quote:
from today gmx does not work with tls 1.0 1.1 . it stop work with my old YAM but with the latest YAM developer version and newest amissl it continue to work
Glad to hear this is working. This is to be expected as the old YAM will be using AmiSSL v3, which IIRC supported TLS 1.0, nothing newer. The current developer version uses AmiSSL v4 which supports TLS 1.0-1.3. Hopefully there will be another nightly build soon, which switches YAM to start using AmiSSL v5 (I submitted a pull request for YAM to hopefully make this happen).
Old 02 June 2022, 00:27   #155
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Quote:
Hopefully there will be another nightly build soon, which switches YAM to start using AmiSSL v5 (I submitted a pull request for YAM to hopefully make this happen).
Thanks for doing that Futaura. Yeah hope they update YAM nightly build as I still enjoy using it (as well as iBrowse 2.5). As impractical as it may sound, I prefer using my Amiga for this kind of stuff over my PC, it's just more interesting.
Old 02 November 2022, 08:13   #156
AMIGASYSTEM

AmiSSL v5.5 Update

Info and downloads on the first page