English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 May 2022, 22:35   #1
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS One x86 v1.7 Released

AROS One x86 v1.7

This new version of AROS One v1.7 includes many new features, available almost all the most important Software for AROS x86, many of which have been updated or fixed, you can read HERE all the progress made in this release

The most important new feature is that now AROS One v1.7 based on an AROS build recompiled with GCC 6.3.0, this means more speed and more efficiency, also you can now use on AROS One all the GCC 6.3.0 development tools available on AROS x86.

AROS One x86 v1.7 ISO DVD: Download

AROS One x86 v1.7 USB Flash: Download (To burn the USB image it is recommended to use the software Rufus or Etcher)

AROS One is now also distributed in the "Pendrive Image" format, once this image is burned on a 4GB or larger Pendrive it will allow you to recreate a Live USB that can be booted on all supported PCs and consequently install AROS on HD without the need for a DVD.

If you use a Pendrive larger than 4GB, the rest of the space will remain available as a second raw partition that can be formatted later on a PC in FAT32 and used as a data exchange between AROS One and other OSes.

Test Video:

Small video test [ Show youtube player ]

AROS One x86: Tutorial Video (A few seconds to download the small zipped video and then run it)

DualBoot AROS One x86 / Win10: Tutorial Video (A few seconds to download the small zipped video and then run it)

AROS One x86 Installation on VMVare: Tutorial Video (A few seconds to download the small zipped video and then run it)

AROS One x86 Installation HD on VirtualBox: Tutorial Video (A few seconds to download the small zipped video and then run it)

AROS One x86 on PC Real Dell Inspiron Mini 910: Tutorial Video A few seconds to download the small zipped video and then run it)

These are the new features of AROS One v1.7

Update AROS One System:
- HDToolBox Device fix TolType Opzioni
- Update Image WHDMenu
- Update Def_MIDI
- Update Def_CDXL
- Update Def_Icons Lua, AmiLua
- Update DirectoryOpus.CFG
- Update ZuneARC Config
- New Skins for Murks
- New Datatypes BMP, TGA
- New Themes for Wanderer
- New Descriptor (Datatypes)
- 8 New Icon DualPNG Buton AmiStart
- DT2GIF
- DTConv
- DTConvertGui
- BMP.datatype
- TGA.datatypes
- ICO.datatypes
- UnDeleteSFS
- UnDeletePFS
- New GRUB background
- Theme AmiStart

Update App:
- SidDump 1.08
- AmigaKeyRemaper v1.1
- GarshneBlanker v3.9
- RNOEffects v1.3
- DiskValid GUI v1.0
- GarshneBlanker v39.2
- TCPPrefs v1.0
- RNOPublisher v1.0
- Acuario 2020
- ViewISO v1.1
- ZapHod v1.3
- MCC TextEditor v15.56
- RNOArchive v1.0
- RapaGUI v2.1
- 4KLive v0.7
- RunInDOSBox r1
- RMan v3.2
- RTF2HTML v3.97
- GrafX2 2.7.2978
- GTuner v0.41
- AmiNote v0.1
- ZuneARC v1.6
- ModExplorer v3.81
- ModExplorerCE v3.80
- Bin2ISO
- DTConv
- Daysleeper v0.9
- AIDEa v04/03/21
- Murks vO,6
- GCC v6.3.0.
- MUIBase v4.4
- IconClone v1.0.7
- PerCIMan v0.7.4
- InstallerLG v1.0
- Vim v8.2.4370
- Multiview v1.8 by Miker
- VindentiumPicta v2.50
- SilkRAW v1.3
- Aget v0.64
- HollywoodPlayer v9.1
- Crono v2.2

Update Games:
- Hle Poker Card
- BOH
- BlackjuanPokerCard
- Atomiks
- Breaker
- SYASokoban
- Pipewalker
- SieteYMedia

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 April 2023 at 22:22.
Old 01 June 2022, 21:16   #2
MikeB

Looks nice. Keep up the good work!
Old 02 June 2022, 11:24   #3
AMIGASYSTEM

Thanks MikeB

For those who decide to install any AROS Distro split into two partitions, i.e. installing the Exstras, Development and Demos folders in DH1, a bug was encountered, which later after reporting I managed to fix.

As soon as possible I will prepare an Update that will add one more new feature on AROS One x86, those who want to know the procedure of the fix can read it here:

https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?t...3.msg10925#new
Old 04 June 2022, 09:14   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Did you know that in addition to being able to download and view Videos, AmiTube can also extract and convert music from Videos into the MP3 or 8VSX formats ?

I have created a small video showing how AmiTube can download Videos or extract Audio in the MP3 format.

The video is in a small Zip archived file, in a few seconds you download it and then you can view it in very good quality.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJk...ew?usp=sharing
Old 04 June 2022, 18:20   #5
Shadowfire

I downloaded the USB Flash image but it is a .vhd (virtual hard disk) image. Needless to say, writing it out to a flash drive did not result in a bootable drive.
Old 04 June 2022, 23:58   #6
AMIGASYSTEM

Did you use Rufus o Etcher, other software will fail, I have done the test several times without finding problems.

Also the Pendrive must be 4GB or larger, even one byte less will fail the copy

If the problem is the unsupported PC, try another PC !
Old 09 June 2022, 17:26   #7
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS One has had many structural updates, now more stable and faster, you can read all the news in the attached links:

https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?topic=922.0

https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?topic=909.0

Old 11 June 2022, 23:10   #8
AMIGASYSTEM

More news on AROS x86, AROS One increasingly stable and fast, soon to be Scalos integration, AROS One user will be able to make the switch with one click

https://ae.amigalife.org/index.php?topic=922.0

Old 13 June 2022, 21:19   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

Installed on AROS One "Tools Development Dos" with included "PDF Book" and "C Programming TOOLS", to Create Multiplatform Retro DOS Video Games.

Tools Development Dos, was created by good and friendly Italian developer Bertinetto Bartolomeo Davide.

On AROS One with "deepl" I translated and added Readme and filenames in English, in the future I will see to translate also the manual in PDF, moreover for the whole package I created DualPNG icons.

You can download the AROS version of "Tools Development Dos" in the attached link, or wait for an AROS One update that will include the updated version of DOSBox used by "Tools Development Dos" and the deletion of native OS3 files not needed on AROS.

http://www.bertinettobartolomeodavid...tro/index.html

Old 20 June 2022, 10:37   #10
AMIGASYSTEM

Fixed variable DEVELPATH path also when Folder Development is installed or moved to DH1

Fixed path variable EXTRASPATH also when Folder Extras is installed or moved to DH1

Fixed path variable DOSBox (AppDir) also when Folder Emulator/DOSBox/ is installed or moved to DH1

Modified config Dopus, added DH1: and USB: to Menu buttons Drives:

As per your suggestion Deleted unnecessary files of:

Development/share/doc/openssl
Development/share/man/man3
Old 03 July 2022, 21:54   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

Preview AROS One x86 v1.8: Switch AmiStart / BoingIconBar

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 July 2022, 18:07   #12
AMIGASYSTEM

Here is completed the White configuration of Dopus4, created new Custom icons for Dopus4 in AROS One Style, created the icons and scripts to change on the fly the color of Dopus4, at the moment only White and Grey Standard, if someone likes a particular color he can make the request here !

EDIT:

I was not satisfied i recreated the Icons for DOpus4, now more resembling

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 January 2023 at 22:24.
Old 24 July 2022, 23:47   #13
AMIGASYSTEM

Numerous fixes made these days make Scalos usable on both AROS x86 and AROS 68k, see screenshots.

Thanks to Scalos many functions on Workbench are more advanced and allow many operations that were missing on Wander.

Made a test with AROS One x86 that starts directly from Scalos without running Wanderer, everything seems to work even prgrams that were set on a Wanderer Screen.

The fixes continue HERE you can read the latest bugs to be fixed.

Scalos in the upcoming releases of AROS One x86 and AROS One x86 can be started directly or run later from Wanderer and use both "Workbenches" simultaneously.
Old 28 July 2022, 18:20   #14
AMIGASYSTEM

Theme AROS One dedicated to the "Red Horse"

Old 28 July 2022, 18:49   #15
DisasterIncarna

Is there any means for AROS x86 to fudge the mouse somehow so it works with a touchscreen device? i have an old x86 tablet lying around somewhere with linux i managed to fudge onto it after fighting its garbage bios for ages.

Hadnt tried AROS in ages so tried recently, the 68k image intended for UAE was/is the worst ive tried of late, with the default screen basically not working or breaking up, i tried the x86 version with VMWare and had similar issues with the screen or with everything just locking up, so i assume its better to not emulate/virtualize and go native.

I do not however have any spare x86 devices except for an x86 tablet, but my brain is telling me that might go horribly wrong if i cant rightmouse anything via touchscreen.

Heard of any hacks/programs/magic that can make aros touchscreen friendly?
Old 28 July 2022, 19:17   #16
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS exists for many platforms, AROS 68k that you tried is a basic version, then you have to build around all the rest.

My AROS 68k Distribuziuon, [ Show youtube player ] is stopped, it has been updated, but for me it is not yet ready for Distribution, on WinUAE it works great, but it is too heavy for a Real Amiga.

There is also an AROS 68k version called ApolloOS (Vampire) but a "mixed" version of AROS 68k with OS3 software, my AROS One 68k also runs on Vampire, but for this platform I abandoned possible support.

As you can see from the screenshot there is also an AROS version Android for Mobile Phone end works on Tablet , it is an old Distribution that I have embellished with AROS One icons and backgrounds, see screenshot.

For this latest Distribution the support for touchscreen does not exist, but the Mouse works fine, you can also use it with the fingers of your hand.

Old 28 July 2022, 19:40   #17
DisasterIncarna

yeah ive seen a fair few of your aros vids and decided to give it a go again, i pretty much remembered why i hated dopus as a workbench replacement, i cant stand using dopus, i did try to make it all "classic" but asides from the visuals i ended up just wanting to gut the whole thing to be as classic as possible, this was made very hard by the fact the windows kept getting corrupted when drawing or the system locking up when i tried using it on VMWare and i wanted to punch my monitor through when attempting the 68k aros vision i tried out which just wouldnt remain stable for me on emulation, ill perhaps try this again later when i stop being enraged by accidentally opening windows all over the place by accidentally clicking the workbench or by the sticky menus annoying me just as much, or the numerous other things that felt utterly alien to me

Although looking at the downloads page again, i see there is an acer aspire notebook version? some lightweight variant? i do have an acer aspire happy one...something, blah, er, in the attic somewhere? i could try that but i think the cpu on thats probably way worse than my more recent x86 tablet, i do recall the acer's cpu being pretty slow even when i had linux on it and thats with me stuffing an early model of SSD in it.

Having said that, maybe its just the fault of my VMware which i havent updated in god knows how long, i do remember stopping using it when i (Hahahahaha) upgraded? to winblows 10 (because microsoft decided after "upgrading their shop" they erased all my purchases of windows 8 with an "ah well, shrug") which pretty much made a mess of all my virtual setups i was using at the time, bugger all worked properly after i installed W10 and i gave up virtualizing anything due to frustration.

So im still thinking "real hardware", ill try digging out the old acer and try the x86 version on that, and maybe the tablet as well.
Old 28 July 2022, 19:48   #18
AMIGASYSTEM

Strange that VMWare gives you problms, I never had problems with VMware and I still use an old version 6 for 32Bit systems.

There are no lightweight versions for acer aspire one, we usually use it because it is a PC where AROS supports all hardware, Sound Card, Video Card, LAN Network and Wifi.
Old 28 July 2022, 19:52   #19
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Strange that VMWare gives you problms, I never had problems with VMware and I still use an old version 6 for 32Bit systems.

There are no lightweight versions for acer aspire one, we usually use it because it is a PC where AROS supports all hardware, Sound Card, Video Card, LAN Network and Wifi.
I know what you mean, i never "had" issues with vmware either, until W10 became a thing for me, I was an upgrade from 8 to 10 rather than a clean install of 10 so maybe thats my issue and im too scared to try it all from scratch incase something goes horribly wrong.

should i skip/ignore the https://sites.google.com/site/arosaspireone/ shown on downloads then and stick to using the regular x86 version on the acer?
Old 28 July 2022, 21:23   #20
AMIGASYSTEM

AspireOS has not been updated for many years, and is based on an old Core.

In any case all AROS Distributions are compatible in the same way, the Core they include is the same.

At the moment the most updated AROS x86 Distribution is mine, soon the new even more updated version will be available.

https://sites.google.com/view/arosone

Nevertheless it will be increasingly compatible with Acer Aspire One z5, see attached video.

AROS One on Acer Aspire One z5

[ Show youtube player ]

AROS One on DELL Ispiron 910 (WiFI only not supported)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ke3...3FDO8IZb6/edit