English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 13 March 2014, 21:58   #1
Noiro

No reply from Amigakit?

Hi guys! I've been trying to reach Amigakit.com people for over two weeks now. They haven't been answering the support ticket after I sent them back the Accelerator Card which seemed to be faulty. Getting a functioning ACA has been taking over 2 months now - I'm looking forward to get my money back.

Three questions - 1) does anyone know any other way to reach Amigakit than the support ticket system?
2) Does anyone have similar experiences with them?
3) Can anyone recommend a better and more reliable place to get a ACA for my A1200?

Old 13 March 2014, 22:16   #2
amigakit.com

Our Technician has been on holiday for the last two weeks and he has been consulting with the manufacturer, Individual Computers on your problem, who currently has your accelerator.

The manufacturer has asked us some questions for you regarding your hardware that you used it with. This information is on the Support Ticket.
Old 14 March 2014, 07:31   #3
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
There should be some system that would tell your customers that the response is unavailable for the time the responsible person is away then, amigakit. Two weeks without a reply is a long time.
Old 14 March 2014, 16:25   #4
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Agreed ^
Old 14 March 2014, 16:31   #5
amigakit.com

We mark all holidays on our Key Dates notice on our website.
Old 14 March 2014, 16:59   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Guys you will find most small shops close for Holidays, Vesalia closes at Christmas and normally some time in the Summer.

Whilst I agree 2 week's for a customer to wait is a long time you forget that Amiga is now a very niche market.

As I've said before we're lucky to have Amiga shops at all

@Noiro,

Good luck! I hope you can get it up and running but EAB or indeed any forum isn't a complaints department.
Old 04 March 2017, 17:34   #7
Gordon
Settler

Anyone know what's happened to amigakit? I ordered something 2 weeks ago and no update. Now the sites down....(for me)
Old 04 March 2017, 17:59   #8
rare_j
Zone Friend

Two weeks is quite a while to to wait these days - people are used to a quicker response or some kind of update. Did you contact them and ask for an update?
The site is up by the way, you can always check here: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/amigakit.com.html
Old 04 March 2017, 18:24   #9
trixster
Guru Meditating

I've emailed amigakit on a couple of occasions in the last year and have been ignored. Pretty shabby. If I can order something from elsewhere then I'll do so now.
Old 05 March 2017, 13:17   #10
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Two weeks is quite a while to to wait these days - people are used to a quicker response or some kind of update. Did you contact them and ask for an update?
The site is up by the way, you can always check here: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/amigakit.com.html
Thanks, working for me now.

No I haven't yet. Will give another week.
Old 05 March 2017, 13:21   #11
Gordon
Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
I've emailed amigakit on a couple of occasions in the last year and have been ignored. Pretty shabby. If I can order something from elsewhere then I'll do so now.
That's a shame. Id like to assume they have temporary issues as theyve been good in the past
Old 12 September 2020, 03:24   #12
bvh2k

2020 here, and I've got an outstanding order from 16 July, its september now. I've emailed them several times but no reply other than to say it was a public holiday and to email them the following day. They never got back to me after I followed it up. Shame as this is my 6th order with them so it's not like they haven't fulfilled orders in the past, just not very good at email support.
Old 12 September 2020, 11:10   #13
npagonis73

Hi there

I had a similar problem with amigakit a year ago around this time when I ordered an ACA1221ec which died on me after a week of use. It took us almost 2,5 months to sort things out meaning to return it and then examining it and send it to individual computers and wait for answer etc. I finally got my money back and ordered the ACA1233n directly from individual computers which came in a week and use it till today with no probs. They are the quickest to reply and many people have issues with amigakit. I never lost any money with them though I have to admit. You only need to be patient as with many amiga matters. I know it is frustrating at times and I understand how you feel. I personally order only things I can’t find anywhere else from them and only if I am not in a rush.
Old 12 September 2020, 13:39   #14
wazza

If I buy any IComp stuff now, I just order it direct from Germany instead of dealing with these time wasters.
Old 12 September 2020, 16:06   #15
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I bought some more bits from Amigakit a couple of days ago, arrived today so not sure what's up as aside from the AAA pack that's outstanding I've not had any issues with orders
Old 12 September 2020, 16:12   #16
nikosidis

Yes, their service are crap. Amigastore.eu are fantasitic but as mentioned it is some stuff that are only from amigakit.
Old 12 September 2020, 17:32   #17
rabidgerry

Also experienced this with the company. Took over a month to get some small items and had at least 3 support tickets ignored.
Old 13 September 2020, 23:10   #18
Tajmaster

Ill add to this.

I ordered an Amiga power adapter cable and it sat on the status "pending" for 2 weeks. It was marked as "in stock" when I ordered it.

Its status then updated to something else (I forget what) but basically it appears like they had to make the cable up, so it wasnt in stock really??!

I sent off emails and tickets via the website and had no response, then my cable eventually arrived 4 weeks after I ordered.

I think looking at what the other people say on here and elsewhere is that AmigaKit are not communicating and it is infuriatng. Its a basic fundimental of business and tbh it puts me off ordering from them.

The situation can be resolved by replying. Saying you have 100+ emails every day isnt an excuse, a lot of office workers respond to more than that amongst other duties.

Looking at how often this comes up it obviously needs to resolved and quickly as their reputation is taking a hit Id say. Surely this cant be good in a small market?
Old 08 October 2020, 12:49   #19
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I've posted this on another Amigakit thread, thought I'd post here too.

Some good news;

I bought a SCSI2SD on the 5th oct, it arrived on the 8th oct.
Well done Amigakit, pat on the back.