English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 28 January 2002, 00:30   #1
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Originals dms`d?

Can all originals be dms`d?? does anyone know or that MFMWarp business??
All my originals are back at my Mums place in the UK and I`ve tried all other sources open to me!

If so, I`m desperately after Player Manager original ( either dms or MFMWarp ) please

Thanks in advance

Ian: Please don't type a direct signature, use the option in your User CP instead.

Last edited by Ian; 28 January 2002 at 00:36.
Old 28 January 2002, 04:57   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

DMS is not the best resource for originals. I would recommend MFMWARP for this or that tool from the CAPS team. There's no guarantee, though, that they will be able to write back to a useable disk, however. And MFMWARP may require assistance outside of the usual command line parameters and switches, since disktypes (and protections) vary.

Some of the more technical-minded in this area will be of better assistance here. Just wanted to let you know not to bother using DMS for this purpose.
Old 28 January 2002, 13:04   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Arrow Avoid DMS!

Stainy: Whatever you do, do NOT use DMS. It's quicker and safer to use a disk imaging utility (DIC, Disk2File, DiskWiz, TrackTool, TransADF etc) and LhA/LZX/Zip the result. That way the file is guaranteed to work.

DMS on occasions produces archives which either do not unpack correctly or unpack to a slightly different file to the original!

MFMWarp can be grabbed from the WHDLoad site and there are also some pretty thorough instructions for how to image originals on that same page.
Old 28 January 2002, 15:52   #4
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Ok thanks :)

Thanks for the info guys, but I`m no position to do any of those things... I live in the States now and all my Amiga stuff is in the uk, including my Player Manager disk, also a boxed verson still in the selophane can`t get at em..
I thought you couldn`t pack a disk which is NONDOS on workbench? and get it to work.. I could be completely wrong on this but thats what I remember

Ok an official asking now is there anyone with the original to this game that could do what I need?? forgetting dms as well

Any nice chap, possibly? ... thanks in advance
Old 28 January 2002, 16:15   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Sorry, I don't have an original of this game. But I just wanted to clarify something: DMS will indeed archive non-DOS data, just not copy-protected (ie, MFM) data.