English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 September 2018, 22:28   #21
Glen M

Ill give it a look. Where can I download your version, in the zone I assume or do you want to pm me a link.

Goal was always one of my favorite football games, I preferred it to sensible soccer, could never get the controls in that game.

Last edited by Glen M; 12 September 2018 at 10:06.
Old 11 September 2018, 22:38   #22
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Ill give it a look. Where can I download your version, in the zone I assume or do you want to pm me a link.

Goal was always one of my favorite football games, I preferred it to sensible soccer, could never get the co trims in that game.
Great! It's already in the Zone! (GOALnew28.zip)
I corrected the lineups so that the players have correct positions, I corrected the tactics, so that the defenders stay in back and forwards up front and I corrected the German language file which you of course can't review.
Edit: on the data disk are lineups which are meant to be more realistic, although that is a real science to do.
Thanks for your answer!
Old 15 September 2018, 22:15   #23
Glen M

[ Show youtube player ]

Episode 7 is online now in which I take a look at Jim Power in Mutant Planet.

Zak: I haven't forgotten about Goal, I'll get to it in the coming weeks.
Old 16 September 2018, 18:14   #24
Zak
Zap´em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Zak: I haven't forgotten about Goal, I'll get to it in the coming weeks.
It's O.K., no pressure!
Old 26 September 2018, 23:49   #25
Glen M

[ Show youtube player ]

In this episode I go game hunting around local charity shops. My first of this type and I'd like to hear the thoughts of anyone who watches it as I was intending to do 1 of these each month.
Old 03 October 2018, 20:44   #26
Glen M

My next video is online in which I take a look at 4 new(ish) amiga games.

[ Show youtube player ]

If you watch the video and enjoy it please consider giving a like or even a subscribe. I will be coming back to this topic again soon as its one I enjoy.

As always any comments or suggestion are always welcome. I apologise for the poor video quality but stretching amiga games to 1080p does tend to reduce the quality a bit. I have a new capture card which will improve things once I get it installed and setup I'll be able to record direct from RGB.
Old 19 October 2018, 00:50   #27
Glen M

I've not made a video in a couple of weeks as I've been working hard on the new man cave which is finally finished.

So in my new video I take a look through the cave at my retro collection and discuss some upcoming videos.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 October 2018, 22:16   #28
Glen M

This week is a 2 part video in which I setup a real IDE hard drive for use in my A1200.

Part 1 is setting up WinUAE, installing 3.1 then 3.9 and finally Classic Workbench 3.9
Part 2 is connecting the IDE drive to the PC, partitioning and formatting, copying the OS across and a few WHDLoad games with finally putting the drive in the real A1200 and powering up with fingers crossed.

Part 1 - [ Show youtube player ]
Part 2 - [ Show youtube player ]

Installations are done in real time with nothing cut or sped up.

NOTES:

- I know I could have skipped the OS3.1 install but in doing so skips a bit of disc swapping when installing 3.9 so I decided to first install 3.1 to keep the tutorial as straight forward as possible.
- In part 2 I make a point of changing the max transfer rate of PFS3AIO which probably isn't necessary as the correct value is already listed in 3.9 but hey for the sake of completion plus it will help anyone who is maybe not using 3.9 just to know the correct value.
- Also in part 2 I edit the startup sequence of 3.9 to load scsi.device.43.45. There is some discussion online suggest you can just stick scsi.device in the devs folder and classic workbench will sort it out for you but for the life of me it doesn't work on my 1200 which just gurus each time.

Anyway please watch the videos and if you have any questions, queries or comments please do so here or on the youtube page.
Old 05 November 2018, 23:38   #29
Glen M

In my man cave tour video I pointed out some mega drive bootleg cartridges that I recently purchased from Aliexpress and that unfortunately several of them are NTSC only so in this weeks video we region mod the mega drive with 2 switches to change between 50-60hz screen modes and English - Japanese language.

[ Show youtube player ]

p.s. I know there is a switchless mod but I'd rather have real switches and the ability to pick and chose between screen modes and language.
Old 17 November 2018, 16:55   #30
Glen M

In this weeks video we take a look at what is possibly the worlds cheapest and worst plug and play console. Costing only £3.77 from AliExpress just how bad can it actually be?

[ Show youtube player ]

New capture card and a new style of video injecting some new attitude into the videos. I think before things where a bit flat, maybe a bit to serious so would be keen to hear any feedback.
Old 09 January 2019, 14:35   #31
Glen M

So I've been quiet for a while from YouTube, Christmas break if you will, but I'll be back soon but with a change to the channel. I think we can all agree my review videos left something to be desired so I intend to put that behind me and move forward with mostly hardware orientated videos showing repairs and mods.

Some upcoming stuff I've got planned.

- Repair, composite and HDMI mod Atari 2600 woody
- Repair 3D0 laser
- Mega Drive PAL 60 colour mod and maybe inbuilt HDMI mod.
- MSX 64k tear down and refurb
- Commodore 64 repair
- Various controllers tear down and repair
- and fix that cheap aliexpress crap plug n play console thing

Not necessarily in that order but I am aiming to get 1 per week. I have a new camera coming with a macro mode that will allow me to provide better close up pictures that the webcam used in the mega drive region mod video. I need to get a desoldering vacuum before I can tackle some of the above so most likely the first videos will be on the mega drive pal 60 and the controller repairs. I will be coming at it from the "my mate vince" stand point of I'm no professional but lets try and fix it anyway. I suppose out of everything in my retro gaming hobby the repair and restoration of my collection is my favorite part of it. Rather than trying to force a review video I think the repair type of video will come more naturally to me.
Old 09 January 2019, 17:59   #32
Zak
Zap´em

Too bad that no one makes a GOALnew review
Old 16 February 2019, 20:05   #33
Glen M

CRG is back with the first part in a new repair and restoration series looking at the 1982 Sharp MZ-700 personal computer.

In this video we take a look around the machine, tear it down, attempt to repair the power supply and keep fingers cross for the first power on.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 February 2019, 20:34   #34
Glen M

In this weeks episode we are still with the Sharp and this time we tear down, clean and try to fix the keyboard. I also give the motherboard a good clean too as I was sick of looking at the dust.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 February 2019, 01:56   #35
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Subbed!

btw visited I and NI last year. Beautiful part of the world imho.

Giants Causeway was spectacular. Need to do the Scottish side next.

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 25 February 2019 at 02:42.
Old 03 March 2019, 21:42   #36
Glen M

Thanks for the kind works 005AGIMA. Some nice sights in this wee country all be it is amazing how little attention you pay to these things on your own doorstep. I'd love to visit Australia at some point myself, maybe one day.

Anyway in this weeks video I was going to do some more on the Sharp but I've hit snag. I was trying to run some software without much luck and I've discovered corrosion and a short on the bottom of the board over at the read socket. Not that this is my biggest problem as when looking for this problem I had the keyboard on and off a few times and now the ribbon but moreso the connector on the board is wrecked. More pins have pulled out and the plastic has cracked.

So while I have parts on order to fix that I instead pull out the master system and fit a switch to change between 50 and 60hz.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 March 2019, 16:12   #37
Glen M

I don't usually post links to the mid week CRG plays episodes but this one is on an Amiga game come doom port. In this weeks episode we take a look through the Chaos Engine Doom MOD - [ Show youtube player ]

Of an yeah I know I'm late to the party with this one but I love this mod (despite how short it is) and wanted to share my thoughts plus do a quick guide for anyone looking to play it.
Old 10 March 2019, 01:41   #38
Glen M

In this weekends hardware video I take a look at the new TF330 CD32 accelerator card and compare it to the TF328 memory expansion and the standard CD32.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 March 2019, 21:56   #39
Glen M

In this weeks CRG Plays I take a run through a little game called Portal. BUT portal with a difference because this is Portal on the Commodore 64. Yes you read that correctly and yes its as awesome as it sounds.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 March 2019, 20:17   #40
Glen M

In this weeks hardware video we get stuck into the MZ-700 to get it finished. Its a long one this week at 55 minutes but by the end we do get the computer booted and running software.

[ Show youtube player ]