English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Creation > Music > Music. Tutorials

Old 21 July 2021, 13:03   #1
GavinG

Amiga Sampler with good monitoring (ie not Octamed)

Hi,

I'd like to run audio through my Amiga just to 're amp' it through the sound of Paula and the Amiga's filters.

My first thought for this was to run it through Octamed's sampler with 'monitor' enabled. But the monitor quality is very poor (compared to the actual sampling quality when you click record).

Does one of the dedicated sampling programs have a more accurate monitor function? Or is there another way to do this? I wondered about investigating the audio previews on video capture software.
Old 21 July 2021, 14:23   #2
daxb

It was common that monitor quality was not as good as the record itself. Just try all the record tools like AudioMasterIV, SoundFX, Samplitude, Trackers, TechnoSoundTurbo2 and a lot more. Also try this: http://aminet.net/package/mus/misc/scopext4
Old 21 July 2021, 15:02   #3
GavinG

Thanks! I'm going to go through the many sampling softwares that I can find, and will report back in case anyone else every stumbles across this thread. Any recommendations or suggestions for software to try are still welcome - there seem to be a few that are focused on monitoring that might be the ticket.
Old 20 May 2022, 22:33   #4
G'fr'sh

If you want to go the hardware 'grunger' route, look for a Roland MS-1 sampler. Can still be found cheap and audio passes through the in and out converters during monitoring, so you can get some grungy sample rates (down to around 11khz, iirc) without having to sample with it.