English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 04 June 2022, 04:36   #81
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Maybe he means file system? How about copying the game to ram and trying it from there?
You obviously haven't downloaded the newest Demo.
Old 04 June 2022, 07:09   #82
DanyPPC

V4SA has 12MB chip ram, it doesn't need a reboot to start the game.
I simply open a shell and launch the executable "jump_demo" from it.

But even if I copy the all directrory to harddisk and launch the game from the reboot script, after the reboot a new window opens with the 10 sec. reboot message.

It's a mistery.
Old 04 June 2022, 07:17   #83
DanyPPC

Mistery solved: the clock & date have to be updated and my battery doesn't hold both anymore.
Old 04 June 2022, 09:19   #84
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Maybe he means file system? How about copying the game to ram and trying it from there?

I can not run the game on my A4000/030 that is original in every way with 8MB fast.

I use PFS3 file system. I never had a problem with PFS3 running other games or programs.
Old 04 June 2022, 09:36   #85
DanyPPC

I have 3 partitions with PFS3 on my V4, I don't think it's this the problem in your case.
Amiga 4000 has only 2MB chip memory, so you have to use the reboot script of the game, but I don't know if you have just tried it.
Old 04 June 2022, 09:45   #86
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
I have 3 partitions with PFS3 on my V4, I don't think it's this the problem in your case.
Amiga 4000 has only 2MB chip memory, so you have to use the reboot script of the game, but I don't know if you have just tried it.

I have tried it. Not working.
The game work great on my A1200 with Bilzzard IV.
Old 04 June 2022, 17:49   #87
AC/DC HACKER!

The filesystem isn't a problem. I was using PFS3 also, but switched back completely due to those partitions becoming corrupt in the RDB. Back to SFS/02. Anyway, as I typed, it's functioning fine from Workbench or script reboot.

@ nikosidis

How much Chip RAM do you have left when booting to Workbench? Pardon, as I might have missed previous information before: Are you using OS 3.1, 3.5, 3.9, 3.1.4, or OS 3.2.1? I think I recall the game uses almost all Chip RAM so if you're using 3.1 or 3.5 and strictly native screen it'll be low in Chip RAM depending how many colors you use. The script that reboots the A4000 isn't doing the job, huh?

About link from Website.. To get around the zip problem with bits (sometimes) not being set correctly why not just archive with LhA or LZX and then use zip on that archive? Or offer LhA archive with the extension as .zip and then it just has to be renamed after or during the download. A thought. :-)
Old 04 June 2022, 22:43   #88
Kefir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
I think I recall the game uses almost all Chip RAM so if you're using 3.1 or 3.5 and strictly native screen it'll be low in Chip RAM depending how many colors you use. The script that reboots the A4000 isn't doing the job, huh?
OS from version 2.0 does not open the screen and dos window until some program or dos command displays a message. It is for this reason that the demo displays the text at the exit.
Old 05 June 2022, 12:38   #89
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
The filesystem isn't a problem. I was using PFS3 also, but switched back completely due to those partitions becoming corrupt in the RDB. Back to SFS/02. Anyway, as I typed, it's functioning fine from Workbench or script reboot.

@ nikosidis

How much Chip RAM do you have left when booting to Workbench? Pardon, as I might have missed previous information before: Are you using OS 3.1, 3.5, 3.9, 3.1.4, or OS 3.2.1? I think I recall the game uses almost all Chip RAM so if you're using 3.1 or 3.5 and strictly native screen it'll be low in Chip RAM depending how many colors you use. The script that reboots the A4000 isn't doing the job, huh?

About link from Website.. To get around the zip problem with bits (sometimes) not being set correctly why not just archive with LhA or LZX and then use zip on that archive? Or offer LhA archive with the extension as .zip and then it just has to be renamed after or during the download. A thought. :-)

I have 2MB chip booting into workbench 3.1
Rom I have is 3.0
It is no problem to start the demo from workbench but I also started without startup-sequence and same problem.
Old 07 October 2022, 16:56   #90
stylon

Just wondering what the latest news is with this game? Seems to have gone awfully quiet?
Old 07 October 2022, 19:49   #91
Evillord68

Last update on the Homepage is from yesterday.

http://www.amigajump.com/en.php
(06.10.2022)

The beta version requires some fixes. Thank you for your patience.
Old 20 October 2022, 18:32   #92
A500

Looking forward to updates as the game is fun and deserves attention!
Old 21 October 2022, 08:12   #93
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

It seems a really well made game, looking forward to have the full version.
Old 12 November 2022, 18:59   #94
Paulthetall

I want to congratulate you with the work so far for this game! Great work.
I have a couple of suggestions to keep this game very popular.

- A level editor, where people can create there own levels and share them so the game will increase the levels where you yourself don't have to make levels on your own anymore because of the increased content made by enthusiasts
- A few levels for color blind people. My son is visually impaired but can see a little bit including strong color contrasts (black-white, yellow-blue etc. so if you can add one or two such levels, then that would be great! When there is a level editor, then other people can add more of those as well.
- Multiplayer (2 balls (different color)) for the ones with most points/longest survival

Hope you can do something with this request. I think this would improve sales and increase popularity and keeps the game interesting.

many thanks in advance and keep up the great work! Game looks great!
Old 12 November 2022, 20:31   #95
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulthetall View Post
- A level editor, where people can create there own levels and share them so the game will increase the levels where you yourself don't have to make levels on your own anymore because of the increased content made by enthusiasts
- A few levels for color blind people. My son is visually impaired but can see a little bit including strong color contrasts (black-white, yellow-blue etc. so if you can add one or two such levels, then that would be great! When there is a level editor, then other people can add more of those as well.
- Multiplayer (2 balls (different color)) for the ones with most points/longest survival

Hope you can do something with this request. I think this would improve sales and increase popularity and keeps the game interesting.

many thanks in advance and keep up the great work! Game looks great!

- A level editor would be sweet so people couple share their own levels, but I'm sure that's a project within itself. Still, cool idea.

- Having challenges with colors, especially shades, that would be an interesting addition. Though I can see the squares well, and the flashing. I'm not having any visual challenges with the demo levels - with the primary colors. Maybe that changes in further levels? There are plenty of games that I'd wanted to see "color blind" be considered.

- For multiplayer you'd have to split the screen and that could make the game more challenging than it should be. For Gloom the split screen works well but it's not relying on the background moving, and keeping a character from falling from a roof.., but for this game, the going around play would become more challenging. Adding ball colors would defeat the purpose that I'm pretty sure is being used. The Boing Ball, like back-in-the-day when it was introduced bouncing in a square. I'm pretty sure that's why it looks as it does in this game...and I greatly appreciate that. For this kind of game, just have turns playing. Their game, so...whatever they want to do. :-)
Old 27 August 2023, 18:12   #96
TheEdge

New demo version available for download at:

http://www.amigajump.com/

Demo version v 1.17

exe dated July 25, 2023
Old 27 August 2023, 20:23   #97
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post

exe dated July 25, 2023
That new?
Old 28 August 2023, 19:16   #98
A500

I'm glad to see this progressing I couldn't get the previous demo working on my A1200/ACA1221c, will test the new version soon.
Edit: Darn, still no go. It starts loading, tells me it will reboot and does so, and then just reloads workbench. RAM_0 icon appears on the workbench but it only has directory "S" in it. In WinUAE the demo works nicely.

I'm wondering if it just runs out of RAM, but it basically shouldn't as I have a minimum (as in 'vanilla') Workbench 3.1 setup and no applications running, not even a background picture etc. eating up RAM. 1.959kb chip & 8.579kb fast RAM free.

Last edited by A500; 29 August 2023 at 21:56.
Old 20 September 2023, 20:15   #99
A500

OK, now got the latest demo working. Booting without a startup-sequence did the trick. It's a great game, will place an order soon
Old 24 September 2023, 04:47   #100
AC/DC HACKER!

"5 music tracks" - Did I miss that before?! Is one of them NOT techno?? Maybe more Rock'N'Roll, Metal? That....I would support. As it is, I play the demo with muted volume. Sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post

http://www.amigajump.com/

Demo version v 1.17

exe dated July 25, 2023