I've created an account for you, check your PMs
On it like a car bonnet!

Cheers man
Old 07 February 2022, 22:53   #4703
MageMaster

Absolutely Thanks!!
Old 07 February 2022, 23:33   #4704
hitm4n

Thanks from me too, for making all the latest updates available.
Old 08 February 2022, 09:18   #4705
AntiPontifex

Did you get my e-mail DamienD? I would like to get these update packs as I did before. If not, no worries. Good to see you back in action
Old 08 February 2022, 10:07   #4706
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Good to see update packs back man!

QQ - Is it under the "Base Install plus Updates packs 60 incorporated" I can see the modified date as 5/2 so guessing it is? Parts 1-14, all 4gb files?

Problem is says "download quota exceeded for this file, so you can't download it at this time"

Is that a problem with my settings? Maybe it is if nobody else having it

EDIT - guessing to maybe not being registered - tried registering - won't recognise username with a space. if delete the space, states no registered user. I will PM Turran

AFAIR traffic is limited to 50GB/week.
I think Turran will give you more traffic value if needed.
Old 08 February 2022, 10:37   #4707
dirkies
Zone Friend

DL the whole lot from turran FTP, went fine.

Good to have you back DD!
Old 08 February 2022, 13:25   #4708
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPontifex View Post
Did you get my e-mail DamienD? I would like to get these update packs as I did before. If not, no worries. Good to see you back in action
Yes, and I e-mailed you back

No need to be added to any "Update Pack" distribution list anymore... as everything is now hosted on TURRAN FTP

Any future "Update Packs" will go into the associated folder on the FTP when completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post

Please contact me via e-mail.
Old 08 February 2022, 14:11   #4709
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Since DamienD said there was quite nothing more to add to his Collection, there has been at least 10 updates, if not more .
So the only things to do is to set up 'FileZilla' and be ready to download

PS1: Just hope this new way of sharing will not bring 'trolls' to TurranFTP if anonymous download is possible... we will see.
PS2: DD, thanks again for sharing your passionate work .
Old 08 February 2022, 15:19   #4710
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post

OK, maybe no more limit set.
Old 08 February 2022, 15:54   #4711
zoodah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
No need to be added to any "Update Pack" distribution list anymore... as everything is now hosted on TURRAN FTP

Any future "Update Packs" will go into the associated folder on the FTP when completed.
Can at least the pack contents still be posted in this thread so us Amiga Addicts are aware when our newest fix is available?
Old 08 February 2022, 16:12   #4712
BLUELiGHT

Quote:
It's now easy for anyone to grab my collection; no PM required...
Thanks, it's great to see that you're still maintaining this amazing project!

Just a question: originally the links to your collection were invite-only and you didn't want the project to be shared outside EAB. Is this rule still valid or would you allow your collection to be shared outside this forum & Turran's FTP?

(I didn't write an email as I think this may be of public interest)
Old 08 February 2022, 17:40   #4713
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Since DamienD said there was quite nothing more to add to his Collection, there has been at least 10 updates, if not more .
So the only things to do is to set up 'FileZilla' and be ready to download

PS1: Just hope this new way of sharing will not bring 'trolls' to TurranFTP if anonymous download is possible... we will see.
PS2: DD, thanks again for sharing your passionate work .
That was one of my concerns, so spoke with Turran asking these three things:
  1. Is it ok to host my project on the FTP?
  2. This could bring a lot of traffic, are you sure that's ok?
  3. Can you restrict the download speed of my folder so that it keeps bandwidth for others decent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodah View Post
Can at least the pack contents still be posted in this thread so us Amiga Addicts are aware when our newest fix is available?
Yes ok, but I really don't want to login to EAB anymore...

After my unfair 7 month banning by BippyM; and considering all I've done for EAB and the Amiga community... I'm done with this place

Anyway, no more discussion on this please. What's happened is done; and cannot be changed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUELiGHT View Post

Just a question: originally the links to your collection were invite-only and you didn't want the project to be shared outside EAB. Is this rule still valid or would you allow your collection to be shared outside this forum & Turran's FTP?

I honestly don't care anymore... anyone can now download from the FTP.

...but please don't host anywhere else.
Old 08 February 2022, 18:10   #4714
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUELiGHT View Post

Bah, thought about this some more...

Host where ever, do what you like as:

Quote:
I honestly don't care anymore...
Old 08 February 2022, 19:25   #4715
DamienD
Banned

Don't forget guys, if you want to see Title / Screenshots / Boxart at the same time; then use mrv2k's awesome DDLaunch

Old 08 February 2022, 19:28   #4716
AntiPontifex

My bad, Damien! I didn't read your postings properly. *smacks head* All is now well. Thank you.
Old 08 February 2022, 21:22   #4717
philgood1351fr

Welcome Back. Happy to see you share your work again. Such a tremendous collection.
Thanks.
Old 09 February 2022, 04:05   #4718
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgood1351fr View Post
Welcome Back.
Cheers my friend

...but seriously; I've said it enough times now. I'm done with EAB!!!

Yes, I will still read as a "Guest" on occasion but...

You guys really need to put yourself in my shoes

I gave over 15 years of my life dedicated to this site... and for what exactly???

After all I've done for the Amiga community, and more specifically EAB (been a GMod twice moderating on separate occasions, which is an extremely hard job), BippyM thinks it's cool to ban me for 7 months (without warning), for a continued argument with mcgeezer; where he accused me of lying about what he said to me "in person" when we met for drinks in London for the second time (which I posted a picture of incidentally), related to porting the next game of my choice, after running the "EAB Competition" by myself, donating 90% of the prize money solely (check the thread if you think I'm bullshitting); and also giving him funds behind the scenes to purchase an A1200 for his use in game development...

I remember exactly how the conversion went i.e:
Graeme: "Thank you so much for taking care of the competition, I'm so happy that I won. You can choose the next game that I port."

Damien: "No problem my friend, you so deserve it. I really love Shinobi in the Arcades... and the Amiga port sucks balls."

Graeme; "Yeah, but I have no experience with that game and it's not one that I've really ever played... I was thinking Wonderboy next."

Damien: "Ok, that would be great too; but if you are giving me the choice; then Shinobi please."
Yeah, Graeme won't admit that in public; just like he won't admit that he told me the next game he ports is my choice after everything I did... doesn't change that fact that it's 100% true though; and yet he says that apparently I'm a liar...

Yeah right... you guys have known me for 17+ years... I've always been a man of my words, donated shite loads of cash to RCK / EAB / Toni Wilen / GameDevs / various Competitions / deceased members (Paul / Belgarath's wife), etc... why suddenly; because Graeme who's only been a member for 4.5 years says so; am I a bullshitter exactly???

...and of course he's a super "game dev" that can do whatever the hell he likes; and gets away with constantly abusing people / communities as he so sees fit. Please just review his posts and you will see what I mean... give me a break!!!

I even protected him when I was a GMod, when he pissed off the whole entire Polish community via https://www.ppa.pl/forum... silly me

That's ok, Graeme will probably write some bullshit about me in his next game after this post, as that's his usual style... like he has done previously with Amiten and recently; Glen Planamento in his new "Devil's Temple - Son of the Kung-Fu Master", and in the related thread and "Dev" YouTube videos... sad... mark my words people

As for EAB moderation... none of them did sweet f%^k all when I was there. I asked for help numerous times as I was doing 14 hour days by myself... and now EAB is in shambles since I left... threads all over the place that need renaming / merging etc... great example, the Amiga 1942 conversion where the GameDev asked for it to be moved numerous times from the "Coders.General" section, but fell on deaf ears due to lack of moderation; despite there being 6+ current GMods; apparently "active"

...and I get demoted by RCK as he had 10+ complaints related to yet another always toxic "Vampire" thread, where fools like grond and mai (who claim they are innocent), threatened EAB

I know for a fact that at least 20+ people e-mailed RCK to say that my banning was unfair. What happened? Yeah nothing... not even a polite reply from RCK...

So there you go guys. The truth needs to be heard, and out in public... anytime anybody posts a thread about me and the injustice that occurred; it gets lock / deleted by the current moderation team

Anyway... I'm a very happy, positive guy and go out of my way to help all. That's clearly evident in all my 20,000+ posts

This post will probably be deleted once one of GMods reads it, and then I'll be banned again permanently.

Do I care??? Nope, not one bit at all

...but let's see if the current moderation team decide actually to leave this truthful post; or purge forever... I already know what they will do; the truth hurts and all that... suppress, suppress, suppress, purge, purge, purge; and then try to make me out as a crazy lunatic

So, there it is my friends and exactly why I say "FUCK EAB"

Last edited by DamienD; 09 February 2022 at 04:15.
Old 09 February 2022, 07:34   #4719
Valken

Damien, I wanted to say thank you for all the work you have done and if I was still travelling, I definitely would have bought you a few rounds while in London!

Completely understand about burnout when no one appreciates you but let it be known all of us Amiga fans here do love your work.

Whatever you need, just holla and know we are here for you.
Old 09 February 2022, 09:58   #4720
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@DamienD : It is true that moderation is conspicuous by its absence since you are no longer doing the job and you know that, several months ago, I myself have been "warned" of sanctions (with probation) if I was continuing to mention about you.
It's the reason for my "infraction" that was the funniest part here: "Insulted other member(s)". Funny how civil exchange via PM with some (G)Mods constitutes an insult around here (if the topic of the exchange turn to be considered as disturbing by those (G)Mods)...
Fortunately, not all (G)Mods are to be lumped together. And for the others, they are not the one and only reflection of the EAB community which is rich and varied.
As you know, a (G)Mod comes and goes... so...

At the end, if you decide to post less around here, you will be missed. In the other hand, it's also not such a big deal because, as you pointed it out, people appreciating you know how to contact you