English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

View Poll Results: Which project(s) should I prioritze in 2023?
Finish Karate Champ you lazy b**** 14 14.14%
Re-do Bagman so it runs properly on a A500 6 6.06%
Port Pengo to the Amiga 9 9.09%
Port Xevious to the Amiga 10 10.10%
Create AGA version of Cadaver 10 10.10%
Create AGA version of Lotus 50 50.51%
Port Donkey Kong to the Amiga 12 12.12%
Fix the zillion bugs left in whdload mantis you lazy b**** 22 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07 January 2023, 12:22   #61
seb132
French in Australia

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
I don’t know if it’s possible but if a Lotus2 AGA can happen I’d be incredibly impressed.
That’s the game which convinced me that the Amiga was 20years ahead it’s time when I saw it in 1991…
Old 07 January 2023, 14:51   #62
sokolovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Just because I stumbled over it yesterday: Unpacked (and without the Mr. Nutz files) it's almost 39 MB with 3,132 files (some might be duplicate among the disks though).
Mr Nutz and Turrican 3 could be impressive with an AGA treatment... (Not the subject here I know but just thinking about it for Muzza engine)

Seb132 : sadly it appears that Lotus 2 is the only game that won't be AGA enhanced there. Check upper discussions.
Old 07 January 2023, 15:00   #63
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Mr Nutz and Turrican 3 could be impressive with an AGA treatment... (Not the subject here I know but just thinking about it for Muzza engine)
Yep, let's see what Muzza thinks about it when he recovered from Turrican 2.
Old 07 January 2023, 16:58   #64
Gzegzolka

So I play Lotus 2 and 3 yesterday, both games are still great and fun to play. I wonder would it be possible to enhance/upgrade background pictures, they are okay but very small. If You drive down the hill You will see empty green space, same situation is if You drive upward - You will see empty blue sky or whatever color was top part of background image. I wonder could it be possible to make them more like Black Viper, maybe even add some small animation.
Old 10 January 2023, 11:37   #65
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Some trees, bushes and clouds would go a long way for sure
Old 10 January 2023, 13:11   #66
DisasterIncarna

a lot fo suggestions to AGA'up a lot of already decent games, i wonder how many games that had "potential" but ultimatly werent all that great would be a better choice to improve upon.

From the list id say Lotus, not on the list and from a personal wishlist would be something like Moonstone, both for the facelift and to eliminate the bugs the original had.

As for pimping games that sucked from the start (like numerous ports), theres plenty, tho none come to my mind atm, tho the list is probably long.
Old 11 January 2023, 09:51   #67
Gzegzolka

As for backgrounds as I say it would be nice to add those details, but maybe try to not make it too much colourful. I like new more colorful images for static screens and stuff that was put in Super Cars 2. Try to keep orginal art style. I would love to see some nice simple 6-8 color gradient for that empty space above and below, plus some details in 2-3 colors (keep one color for transparency) like clouds, moon, maybe blimp or balloons. In some cases background either do not need any fix like in fog course or gradient might not work well like in night time city.
Old 12 January 2023, 10:35   #68
sokolovic

I was playing Lotus and Lotus 3 yesterday (mainly because of this thread) and I'm starting to think that maybe Lotus 3 would better be suited for an AGA version. This games seems a bit too demanding for the venerable OCS chipset and classic 68000 512k chip ram combo whereas Lotus 1 is near perfection (a part for the half screened one player mode). It even have some sfx with the music, something I didn't recall !
Old 12 January 2023, 11:15   #69
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Would make the most sense to me too because Lotus 3 is the most "feature complete". You could get a Lotus where every track is pretty much the same with different colors and backdrops, or you could get a Lotus with fog, tumbleweeds, road obstacles, tunnels, night driving, ... It is not until the very last few tracks that Lotus 1 mixes it up a little while you can also have it right from the first race.

On the other hand Lotus 1 is of course the game that might benefit the most from being spruced up.
Old 12 January 2023, 11:25   #70
acidbottle

I honestly never thought an AGA remake of games would be so popular! This is after reading so many having a lil moan that game_xyz wont run on 1MB a500s ha!

Would be interesting to know (broadly speaking) just how many folk use nothing but 1MB 68000 Amiga's or similar. I believe AGA is massively popular, certainly expanded ones.
Old 12 January 2023, 11:57   #71
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

A Fix/AGA version of "The Addams Family" would be very good. The disk contains some of the level background tiles and map-data but backgrounds were disabled in favour of black for some reason (a bug they couldn't fix in time?) and so the Amiga version visually falls way behind other ports including ST. I believe they were so close to getting it working when time ran out. People have looked at re-enabling the backgrounds before but no-one with your ability.

https://www.retro-sanctuary.com/comp...ms-family.html
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=72443
Old 12 January 2023, 12:38   #72
chip

Not interested in games, but i voted for WHDLoad option
Old 16 April 2023, 11:58   #73
jotd
This cat is no more

ok, so an update of the xmas wishlist
  1. Finish Karate Champ: I'll wait until uaedbg works properly, probably not in 2023
  2. Re-do Bagman so it runs properly on a A500: I think I'm going to do it at some point, probably not in 2023
  3. Port Pengo to the Amiga: not sure of that one, maybe with full transcode, probably not in 2023
  4. Port Xevious to the Amiga: done
  5. Create AGA version of Cadaver: as much as I'd love that, too much work
  6. Create AGA version of Lotus: paraj gave me a hand to rebuild the game & fix stuff, I'm going for that one now
  7. Port Donkey Kong to the Amiga: waiting for Mark to finish his transcode, then I'll do it!
  8. Fix the zillion bugs left in whdload mantis => underway as a "pause" to other projects.

Plus someone asked for a Galaxian port. I may do it, with a full transcode method like it was done with Xevious. Was fully & nicely reversed by Scott Tunsall so not a lot of reversing to do, "just" port it.

I was also contemplating JrPacman as besides the scroll & intermissions, the gameplay is the same as MrsPacman so it could be a quick job.
Old 16 April 2023, 22:18   #74
rzookol

@jotd

I have a request, please consider port of the Vikings table for the Pinball illusion
Old 17 April 2023, 07:38   #75
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzookol View Post
@jotd

I have a request, please consider port of the Vikings table for the Pinball illusion
Yes please Just for the epic music only it'll be worth it
Old 17 April 2023, 08:00   #76
Aladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzookol View Post
@jotd

the sources of the game are available?
Old 17 April 2023, 12:32   #77
acidbottle

Bezerk, Defender and Robotron 2084 all have sources available and would make great ports
Old 17 April 2023, 13:39   #78
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

I don't know if they are available, but I'd love to see games like Vendetta, Project Firestart and Pooyan natively on Amiga. I bet Vendetta won't happen at all, as it is owned by System3, but who knows... These were awesome way back...
Old 17 April 2023, 18:37   #79
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

You can add Get the Outrun STe improved code from Fedepede04 and port that on Amiga
Old 26 April 2023, 00:20   #80
franeti

I “talked” this with jotd in another thread, a port of Tetris arcade (atari) would be awesome.