English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 10 February 2022, 15:27   #81
Oriens

Just watched the video.
The game is bad indeed

Sure there are quite lot of game creators here, I'm also one of them.

Guess you can say the game is crap, you don't like it and make a full video about it (which is a good tribute to it) but ...
The annoying part is when you fuck directly the developpers. No one forced you to play it, I can not understand why you are so aggressive towards these people. (and you say "if you do not like my videos do not watch them", they would reply "if you do not like our game, do not play it" ... same logic here).

As far as I remember, I've enjoyed lot of "crap game" videos, including some from you, but seeing such message toward developpers is very distrurbing.
Old 10 February 2022, 20:48   #82
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
you really are utter planks
God I love the English language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriens View Post
Just watched the video.
The game is bad indeed
No play it. It really puts the video and everything said in it in perspective. You can't properly savor it by only looking at the video.

You have to put things in perspective. I very much appose the amount of flack that Todd Howard gets on a daily basis especially because he doesn't even do any programming himself. He's the face of Bethesda and everyone just shits on him, relentlessly. THAT is wrong, it is a massive attack of the person and not everyone does it purely to be in on the running gag. This video is just someone who makes a series of videos with a particular theme that revolves around cursing at games and everything that comes with them. If you take that seriously, you need to eat some cake.

Last edited by gimbal; 10 February 2022 at 21:00.
Old 10 February 2022, 21:36   #83
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriens View Post
Just watched the video.
The game is bad indeed

Sure there are quite lot of game creators here, I'm also one of them.

Guess you can say the game is crap, you don't like it and make a full video about it (which is a good tribute to it) but ...
The annoying part is when you fuck directly the developpers. No one forced you to play it, I can not understand why you are so aggressive towards these people. (and you say "if you do not like my videos do not watch them", they would reply "if you do not like our game, do not play it" ... same logic here).

As far as I remember, I've enjoyed lot of "crap game" videos, including some from you, but seeing such message toward developpers is very distrurbing.

Ok first thing is thanks for watching some of my SGT videos that's great and as for your query regarding me attacking the programmers let me explain as you queried me in a polite way as opposed to the couple of planks on this thread literally attacking me (am I bothered?! Nope).
The reason I was so angry during this video is because this is on the back of me finally managing to Longplay this damn game, it caused me days and days of doing the editing, rerecording, and replaying it, it was an absolute bloody nightmare to the point I had to rely on to two guys that trained the game for me to get through it so in other words I knew what the game was about and it got me so angry after the days that I put effort into long playing it just to fill another hole in YouTube's "no Amiga longPlay available for viewers to see" library, so when it came to doing this shit game time review I was fuming and rightfully so and I have no regrets aiming it at the programmers as I meant what I said and I stand by what I said and those middle fingers were deserved, believe me if you put as much effort into this longplaying this game as I did you would see the reasoning for my anger.

Ooh better find my safe space,...you dozy planks!,...not you Oriens
Old 10 February 2022, 21:38   #84
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
I enjoyed watching your video. The utter frustration in your voice as you died again and again made me smile!

You're a sick individual!
Old 10 February 2022, 23:04   #85
Keops/Equinox

That kind of message towards developers is not necessary indeed. The video games community already has enough toxicity towards game devs as it is.

Sure, it's for fun and all, but still. In the end it's yet another offensive title on Youtube for game devs. It could have been done differently without sounding so offensive.

Last edited by Keops/Equinox; 10 February 2022 at 23:14.
Old 11 February 2022, 11:42   #86
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
You're a sick individual!
No you.
Old 11 February 2022, 13:12   #87
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
No you.
Me? Nah
Old 11 February 2022, 14:29   #88
S0ulA55a551n

Wow. What a storm in a teacup. mountain out of a molehill etc.

As someone in my youth who got burnt many times buying games for the Amstrad only to find a terrible game or yet another spectrum port.I agree with the middle fingers. Sometime it would have been weeks of pocket money or even one of my main prezzies for bday/xmas.

Even if publishers/software houses were involved in bad decisions/products the programmers were complicit.

if I produced work of that calibre in my Job (work in IT but not games ) I would expect some vitriol and deserved it would be.

Some people have very fragile egos
Old 12 February 2022, 03:57   #89
PatmanQC

I would love to know what a plank is
Old 12 February 2022, 15:56   #90
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatmanQC View Post
I would love to know what a plank is
Well, Google "plank slang" and find out
Old 12 February 2022, 18:45   #91
PatmanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Well, Google "plank slang" and find out
Yes, that's the obvious answer but I was trying to make a joke :-)
Old 12 February 2022, 21:05   #92
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice8629 View Post
Nah, don't agree, they deserve all they get for naff overpriced games especially for 1991 on the class Amiga, gives the almighty Amiga a bad name games like this, but hey opinions differ otherwise the world would be a dull place,....especially if lefties were running the show lol

Politics have no place in eab. Consider this a warning with an infraction inbound.
Old 13 February 2022, 10:39   #93
dirkies
Zone Friend

SGT is entertainment for me, I really like the justified comments made, I feel connected with the reviewer frustrations, but his English language makes it even more funny. First SGT video I saw was Yolanda and boy, was it a laugh. Most SGT games I never saw during my 87-97 Amiga scene years, for a good reason I guess...
Keep gunning it Zeusdaz, you're a good comedian and it's fine to highlight some of the most brown moments in home gaming during the 80s/90s.
Old 14 February 2022, 12:08   #94
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkies View Post
SGT is entertainment for me, I really like the justified comments made, I feel connected with the reviewer frustrations, but his English language makes it even more funny. First SGT video I saw was Yolanda and boy, was it a laugh. Most SGT games I never saw during my 87-97 Amiga scene years, for a good reason I guess...
Keep gunning it Zeusdaz, you're a good comedian and it's fine to highlight some of the most brown moments in home gaming during the 80s/90s.
Old 14 February 2022, 12:14   #95
ZEUSDAZ

You see, as said by someone else, at times even bad publicity is good publicity, I have brought short term relevance to an unknown irrelevant game and I bet quite a few of you since this thread was created has now had at least 1 go at it, c'mon admit it
Old 14 February 2022, 13:01   #96
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yes. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Old 14 February 2022, 15:01   #97
d4rk3lf

I am sort of thorn out in this case.

Yes, there's a lot's of shitty games on our beloved Miggy, but then again, you'll need serious knowledge for even simplest game to be done (from start to finish).

Never played Carver, but from what I see on youtube, it looks way better then some other games.
Old 14 February 2022, 21:02   #98
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

That is what makes it worse. As I said it has good bones. Cutesy graphics (except the backgrounds), decent animations, good jumping mechanic.

And I imagine if you go to hell you have to play this on a loop. A game that is full crap is still better than a game like Carver which shows promise and is then literally criminal to play.