English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 29 December 2002, 19:23   #1
999 Happy Haunt

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Dragon's lair help settings................

please help, I'm at my ropes end, I've been trying for 12 hours to try and get both dragon's lairs working (escape singe's castle and the original) working on the winuae emulator. I followed the instructions on how to set up my 3.1 workbench as described on web-page http://aiab.emuunlim.com/installing/. I do have the workbench working properly! I'm using version winuae 0.8.22 release 3. The problem, I'm having with the drag. l's is this I do understand how to load and start the games using adf files. But what are the exact settings because I must be doing something wrong because everytime I try and start the games it starts to load and then it says press play to start, I click play and everything just freezes up. Oh!, I did get singe's castle to work on winfellow once, but then I was just trying any and all settings and don't know how I did it. Any help you can send my way would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 29 December 2002, 19:32   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'm a far cry from being any kind of expert on configs, but off the top of my head, I would suggest using Kickstart 1.3 and some sort of 1.3 config, rather than 3.1 - try to get your config down to a 1.3/A500 spec, rather than A1200.

Also, forget Workbench. Boot straight into the game. Most Amiga games want nothing to do with the system whatsoever.
Old 29 December 2002, 21:05   #3
LordBug

If I remember right, Dragon's Lair was VERY picky about the Kickstart. I don't remember it working under anything but 1.3.

Setup an 68000/OCS/1.3/512k chip Amiga in WinUAE. Don't bother with Workbench or hardfiles. Just boot off disk 1.
Old 29 December 2002, 21:47   #4
RetroMan

Some time ago in THIS thread, Frog posted an ECS/AGA fixed HD Version .... I´ll reupload it in a minute, just follow the hints he gave on installing and you should be set