English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 08 February 2011, 02:32   #1
desdrl

How do you get scan lines ClassicWB/WinUAE

Hi, I using WinUAE with ClassicWB setup, I can't get scan lines to show even though I have scan lines checked in WinUAE display settings.

When I emulate A500 the scan lines work great. but can't get to work in A1200/ClassicWB configuration.

Games and demos look a hell of a lot better with scan lines than without (as I remember with my 1084S monitor back then).

Even on my real A1200 with ClssicWB installed the games and demos don't look as good as with scan lines (still waiting for the Indivision AGA to be back in stock at Amigakit).

any suggestions?
cheers
Des

Old 08 February 2011, 15:52   #2
Bloodwych

First welcome to EAB and thanks for giving the packs a try out!

If you are using a pack with interlaced screenmodes (640x512 ADV, ADVSP and above) scanlines won't show up on the Workbench when you select them under WinUAE display settings. Interlaced essentially causes the scanlines to be filled. Games however, will go back to a non-interlaced screenmode (640x256) and scanlines should return. You may be able to use a WinUAE filter (under filter settings) to add scanlines to interlaced screens - I'm not sure as I've never tried.

If you use the FULL or below packs, they use standard PAL (640x256) non-interlaced displays, just like regular games, so scanlines will show up if you select them in WinUAE display settings.

If games are not returning to a scanline display when you have it selected under WinUAE Display settings (default is line mode double), then I'm not sure what's going on as it works fine at my end.
Old 09 February 2011, 01:02   #3
desdrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
First welcome to EAB and thanks for giving the packs a try out!

If you are using a pack with interlaced screenmodes (640x512 ADV, ADVSP and above) scanlines won't show up on the Workbench when you select them under WinUAE display settings. Interlaced essentially causes the scanlines to be filled. Games however, will go back to a non-interlaced screenmode (640x256) and scanlines should return. You may be able to use a WinUAE filter (under filter settings) to add scanlines to interlaced screens - I'm not sure as I've never tried.

If you use the FULL or below packs, they use standard PAL (640x256) non-interlaced displays, just like regular games, so scanlines will show up if you select them in WinUAE display settings.

If games are not returning to a scanline display when you have it selected under WinUAE Display settings (default is line mode double), then I'm not sure what's going on as it works fine at my end.
Thanks Bloodwych,
ClassicWb is the best thing that ever happend to my real A1200, LOVE IT!!! I'm using ADVSP version on it and WinUAE.

I got the scan lines kinda working but with horizontal banding, I had the same issue when trying to get them to work correctly with the A500 config, it is something to do with the filter settings, a bit of messing about I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I'm running WinUAE at 1920x1200 full screen as WinUAE (Vista)is having an issue with any resolution other than the desktop resolution.
If not using the desktop resolution pressing F12 the config screen does not appear, it's there learking in the backgroud and it's hit and miss switching to task manager whether it appears or not.

A note about scan lines, some people don't like them as they dim the screen, was not really an issue with me, I just recently got a Samsumg monitor that has an option called Magic Bright that you can config and now running games with scan lines is the same brightness as without.
And scan lines are more realistic to amiga.