English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 03 May 2021, 20:39   #61
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7Y...ew?usp=sharing I made yesterday another update for great DamienD collection. Inside You will find some demos, prototypes and most Polish games I mange to find. In my opinion many of those games are not great at all, but maybe somebody will be interested in checking them.
Cool stuff Gzegzolka

I'll take a look when I get the chance.

One small thing though, you should list the games that you've configured / set up in this pack, for easy reference
Old 04 May 2021, 09:33   #62
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Hopefully I did this the correct way.

https://mega.nz/file/z00SHSya#qSDZ38...3MguUrL1kpditI

It's Labyrinth64 form Aminet in a bootable adf
Old 04 May 2021, 10:37   #63
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Cool stuff Gzegzolka

I'll take a look when I get the chance.

One small thing though, you should list the games that you've configured / set up in this pack, for easy reference
They also don't seem to be in the "Unofficial" directories, which will be a pain to correct.
Old 15 May 2021, 01:45   #64
cnterr

Hi DamienD! I made 4 WinUAE custom controllers, with the addition of numerous functions, for 2 Xbox 360 controller or 2 X-Arcade controller (no longer available after WinUAE 3.2.2 version)...

Xbox 360 controller

Has been set the right stick as a mouse, in this way starting a game with two controllers you will not have to switch from controller to mouse to move in the trainers screens, besides, the fire1/left mouse and fire 2/right mouse buttons have been mapped, as well as in the classic controller buttons, also on the two thumbs of the left and right sticks.

Remapped keys and hotkeys enabled:

Up, Down, Left, Right = Directional cross and left thumbs stick
Fire 1 = X*
Fire 2 = Y
Fire 3 = B
Up again = A* (awesome for platformers)
Quit = Back (Player 1 only)
Enter GUI = Start (Player 1 only)
Savestate Dialog = LB (Player 1 only)
Resume Savestate Dialog = RB (Player 1 only)
Pause = LT
Warp = RT (Player 1 only)

*=I am convinced that the fire 1 button solution on the X key and jump button on the A key is the most comfortable solution for all platform games and in general that the use of the X key as fire 1 allows a more natural thumb position.

X-Arcade controller

Remapped keys and hotkeys enabled:

Player 1 (left side)
Up, Down, Left, Right = Left joystick
Fire 1 = C
Fire 2 = Z
Fire 3 = X
Up again = Left Shift (awesome for platformers)
Enter GUI = 1
Quit = 2
Warp = Left Ctrl
Savestate Dialog = Left Alt
Resume Savestate Dialog = Space
Space Key = 6
Cursor Down Key = A
F1 Key = S
F2 Key = Q
Left Alt = 3
Right Alt = 4

Player 2 (right side)
Up, Down, Left, Right = Right joystick
Fire 1 = ]
Fire 2 = E
Fire 3 = [
Up again = W (awesome for platformers)

Attached to the post is the reference diagram of the X-Arcade controller in mode 1.

No other configuration entries, apart from those relating to controllers, have been changed in any uae file.

Download link:

https://emesrl20-my.sharepoint.com/:...-2Q4w?e=A9wWy4

Replace original "Configurations" folder with one of two archive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Arcade Layout.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	71930  

Last edited by cnterr; 15 May 2021 at 09:07.
Old 16 May 2021, 17:55   #65
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnterr View Post
Hi DamienD! I made 4 WinUAE custom controllers, with the addition of numerous functions, for 2 Xbox 360 controller or 2 X-Arcade controller (no longer available after WinUAE 3.2.2 version)...

<>
Heya cnterr,

Good idea

I used to do something similar with my "HotRod SE"

Although a better thing to do than updating each and every configuration file is to uses "Host", see here:

Quote:
I'll convert later today when I get some time.
Old 16 May 2021, 21:38   #66
cnterr

Yes indeed it was the shortest way
Instead I was thinking of creating a batch file, executed completely invisibly by a VBS, in which to set variables for some of the most used settings, such as fullscreen enabled or not, the type of shader used, the onscreen led enabled or not , the floppy drive noise enabled or not, the controller type, etc.
At that point the same variables should be set in a host configuration file, so without having dozens of host files with all the possible combinations, it would be enough to modify the batch file to your liking by editing the various items available.
A sort of gemus script in batch format, I had already done a similar thing some time ago to start, again with WinUAE, various titles for CD32.
Old 18 May 2021, 10:51   #67
cnterr

Quote:
Heya cnterr,

Good idea

I used to do something similar with my "HotRod SE"

Although a better thing to do than updating each and every configuration file is to uses "Host", see here:

I'll convert later today when I get some time.

OK! I wanted to try to recreate the custom controllers config using host configurations as suggested, but I'm thinking it wouldn't work. The host files are fine to globally change a setting valid for all games, such as fullscreen, but I cannot use it for controllers, there are various configurations depending on the game in use, such as joystick 1 in port 2 or joystick 1 in port 1 or no joystick etc. If I were using a host configuration I would force the use of a controller on a certain port for all games by preventing the correct use of some. Or not?
Old 18 May 2021, 14:03   #68
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnterr View Post
but I cannot use it for controllers, there are various configurations depending on the game in use, such as joystick 1 in port 2 or joystick 1 in port 1 or no joystick etc. If I were using a host configuration I would force the use of a controller on a certain port for all games by preventing the correct use of some. Or not?
Yes, that's true that I have various "Game Port" settings depending on which game.

For games that have none set it wouldn't be an issues setting a joystick. Basically this was set so that you can use the cursor keys.

I'll have think.