English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 14 September 2020, 17:54   #1
beltrixx
Another Amiga fan

Magneto optical disk shows different content on Amiga and Windows

Hi,

I've recently set up a couple of magneto-optical drives to share files between my Amiga 1200 and one of my PCs with Windows. They are a Fujitsu DynaMO external SCSI2 drive on my Win PC and a Fujitsu MCM3064AP atapi MO drive on my Amiga.

When finishing the set up on the Amiga end, a NDOS icon appeared on the workbench and I formatted the MO disk (a 230 Mb one) by selecting the Icons --> format disk menu option. I created a drawer (called "drawer", yes I know, very original) just to test...
When I inserted the disk on the MO drive in Windows... it was not recognized as I expected, so I decided to format it again, this time from within Windows... selecting "FAT". I created a text file called readme.txt with a "hello world" text (again, extremely original).

The problem is : when I insert the disk on the Windows SCSI reader, I see the "readme.txt" file but, when I read it on the Amiga drive, I see the "drawer" drawer (with its corresponding drawer.info icon). Even the names of the MO disk change (MO_DRV for Windows and MO-DISK1 on Amiga)... How is it possible? sorry if this is a newbie question but it's the first time I set up MO drives (I'm used to Iomega ZIP drives)...

On the Amiga side :
===============

The MO drive is configured to use the PC230 mount file here, unit 3 (slave at secondary channel of my Fast ATA controller) and filesystem L:CrossDOSFilesystem. I have not edited the remaing values (maxtransfer, mask...) in the mountfile.

On the Windows side :
=================

MO drive is an external one, attached to an Advansys ABP-915 host controller. Configured with default values (scsi id = 2 for the drive, id = 7 for the host controller)

Thanks in advance,

Manel (beltrixx)

Last edited by beltrixx; 25 March 2021 at 22:27.
Old 15 September 2020, 12:06   #2
beltrixx
Another Amiga fan

I have found the solution, it was already inside Amiga_mo_faq (aminet).

I chose another mount file called MOC which mounts the first partition on the MO disk and voilà, It recognizes the same directory structure as my windows pc.

I've found another drawback though. When disk is inserted on the Amiga drive, it does not update the content automatically unless you reboot or type :

Diskchange MOC:

I don't feel it very usable... ¿Is there another way to update the content of a MO disk when inserted?

Thanks in advance,

Manel
(Beltrixx)

Enviado desde mi RMX1851 mediante Tapatalk