English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 August 2006, 02:32   #1
zibar

Question Shadowgate Problems

hey dudes i am a freaking noob and i have a few questions i cant get to ur zone due to not having privilges and when i operate shadowgate i get errors like software errors and a recoverable error ??? i am using kickstart 1.3 and the config that andreas had posted i dont know if its me or the rom please help me i am a noob and i love this classic thanks for ur time
regards from a Noob

Old 23 August 2006, 02:39   #2
Chuckles
The Ancient One

If you'll follow the "User CP" link in the upper left corner of the page, then follow the "Group Memberships" link, you can join the access group for the Zone, and that will give you full access.

As for Shadowgate, I've gotten it to run using Kickstart 1.2, so that may be the source of your problem.
Old 23 August 2006, 02:43   #3
zibar

Thanks for ur help chuckles now the fun part will be looking for a kickstart 1.2 rom :P am i allowed to say that ?

crap the shadowgate roms that u guys uploaded are gone can someone reupload them :P ples

Last edited by zibar; 23 August 2006 at 02:48.

Old 23 August 2006, 16:38   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Sure, you're allowed to say that it will be fun looking for a copy of Kickstart 1.2. It's asking for a copy on EAB that will get ya bitch-slapped.
Old 24 August 2006, 02:55   #5
zibar

ok i got the game to work fine now but one problem the game laggs freaking badly soo badly its unbearable please can someone help me i use a 700mhz laptop with 256 megs of ram i think thats more than enough to emulate 7 mhz with 512kbs of ram :P

Old 24 August 2006, 07:04   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

WinUAE is highly CPU demanding... but it should run fine on your system if you play in the native 320x240/256 resolution... and maybe scanlines if it still lags.... also depends on your settings how much CPU WinUAE will need.
Old 24 August 2006, 18:51   #7
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Ah there he is!
zibar had PM'ed me and told he had problems with Shadowgate. Unfortunately, he didn't take my advice to upgrade to WinUAE 1.3!
(He was using no more than 0.8.21 ...)

Possibly this will already solve some problems ...
Old 24 August 2006, 19:35   #8
Paul
RIP Friends

Moved to ยป Problems > prb.Games
Old 25 August 2006, 00:57   #9
zibar

yes i did andreas i upgraded i use the newest one now :P its a little faster than the old one but it still laggs and the grim reaper music is all fucking skippy and laggy i will try ur config iron claw i hope it will help
:P

nope it didnt make a diff at all

Last edited by zibar; 25 August 2006 at 05:19.

Old 04 September 2006, 21:53   #10
multi007

hello.

Im not sure if I should start a new thread or if its ok to post my question here since its Shadogate related.

When playing Shadowgate, after I remove the arrow from the room and I try to climb up on the marble shelf, the shelf collapses and I cant get through. I can travel around the other rooms (room with the shark, room with the hole in the floor, and room with the caskets) however I cant seem to get past the room that I took the arrow off of the wall and the shelf collapses. Any help is appreciated.

Anthony

Old 04 September 2006, 22:07   #11
andreas
Zone Friend

zibar: Thanks for upgrading.

Sure it's faster, as the new version is optimized and has lots of useless junk removed! Using ancient versions of the software is never recommended.-- On topic now:

Sound problems might get solved two ways:
- Try to experiment with accuracy. (Emulated / 100% emulated)
- Try to switch cycle-exact on.

The latter is actually only for the blitter + cpu, but sometimes the gfx engine and the sound engine do interact with each other and they will sync each other. Some VERY quirky sound routines were Wally Beben's, and I was able to get clean sound with cycle-exact set to ON.

Also try to muck with the sound buffer slider. Some systems rather output clean sound with setting 4, some would instead need setting 1 or 2.
Old 04 September 2006, 22:09   #12
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

You're not meant to be able to climb up to that room, however if you operate the torch to the right of where the arrow was then it will open a secret door.
Old 05 September 2006, 15:02   #13
Pfloyd

Lightbulb

Hi,

I'd like to have WHDLoad versions of these point-and-click-adventures.
Unfortunately, you can't use a standard ADOS slave with a disk-image because of the copy protection. I tried to remove the protection several years ago. Just fixing the conditional jump(s) etc is not sufficient, you have to take out all the routines that do direct disk-accesses. I was succssful with about five locations, then I got lost with this self-decrypting and self-encrypting code (lot of work!). I really miss the good old times when I had plenty of time to spend on 'improving' software like this.
Another problem in using a standard ADOS slave are saved games. Where would you store them?
Old 17 September 2006, 06:18   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Pfff ... loyd, just request it at the "WHDified" forum, will ya
Old 20 November 2006, 03:27   #15
zibar

thanks for your help andreas shadowgate works perfectly for me now
i had a buggy copy of shadowgate
except for not being able to save :P