----------------
Copyfiles: problem with source file/drawer
"ScummVM AGA.info" in line 85

DOS Error Type: Unable to locate a file or drawer

---------------------

I am using SFS as filesystem, btw

thx

chris

...Also, when I am trying to run it (without install it) the application runs and stop. The log file reports: "Could not find a valid screen mode".

Should the application display a screen mode request on start?

thx

Last edited by TCD; 23 December 2010 at 11:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 23 December 2010, 12:20   #42
NovaCoder

try copying vga only + multiscan to devs/monitors and then do a reset
Old 24 December 2010, 04:56   #43
NovaCoder

New version in the Zone.
Old 24 December 2010, 11:04   #44
xc8
no c= no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
New version in the Zone.
Hi,

I can see the screen requester when I set the tooltype as:
AUTO_SELECT_VIDEO=FALSE

Then I see on the requester, ONLY the cybervision modes, but I have too, the VGA-only,PAL and Multisync in my monitors folder.

The program then stops producing this error on the log file:
Could not locate the first screen buffer!

thx

chris
Old 24 December 2010, 11:13   #45
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Updated version uploaded to the Zone......ready for testing
Hi NovaCoder:
I've bought a Roland Mt-32. Does it can use it yet?
Old 24 December 2010, 11:30   #46
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc8 View Post
Hi,

I can see the screen requester when I set the tooltype as:
AUTO_SELECT_VIDEO=FALSE

Then I see on the requester, ONLY the cybervision modes, but I have too, the VGA-only,PAL and Multisync in my monitors folder.

The program then stops producing this error on the log file:
Could not locate the first screen buffer!

thx

chris
Hiya,

That's interesting, so if it can't see any modes but the cybervision modes it would explain why it doesn't work I guess.

You should really try the RTG version if you have an RTG system, the AGA version is meant for AGA users only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Hi NovaCoder:
I've bought a Roland Mt-32. Does it can use it yet?
No not yet I'm afraid, maybe one day it will.

Last edited by TCD; 24 December 2010 at 11:32. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
Old 26 December 2010, 00:29   #47
amigoun

I made some tests on WinUAE and found out that the Scumm AGA & games run well only if I have Multiscan modes enabled. It probably does not work on PAL-only systems, where white-gray screen happens.
I unfortunatelly cannot run Multiscan modes on real hardware, only PAL.
Old 27 December 2010, 00:21   #48
rockersuke

Quote:
Do you have a real sound card then? I guess you must do if you've got a HI-FI 16 bits device?
In fact, no . I was using my very old AHI installation in which, out of pure ignorance, I just copied everything without knowing what I was doing (that's why I said It was all for reasons beyond my knowledge).

I've just made a clean AHI setup and upgraded ScumVM to this latest version and everything runs smoother and more stable. Paula sounds works OK. Even with "No music" as a default you get music in early games (Maniac Mansion and Zak Mckraken). I guess music worked in a different way in them. PC Speaker emulation goes OK in some other games (Loom, Monkey Island...) but will crash in the most modern ones (Fate Of Atlantis, DOTT, Sam & Max...). In these last ones, I haven´t been able to make music work, but voices and sound effects work perfectly.

Setting auto-video to false makes ScumVM prompts for a screen resolution offering PAL low-res as a default. This works even better in my monitor than multiscan modes, as the image fits perfectly and there is no colour messing (as I mentioned, for reasons of its own, my monitor doesn't like multiscan modes).

Hey! Even DOTT and Sam & Max plays noticeably smoother now!

--
Old 27 December 2010, 02:17   #49
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockersuke View Post
In fact, no . I was using my very old AHI installation in which, out of pure ignorance, I just copied everything without knowing what I was doing (that's why I said It was all for reasons beyond my knowledge).

I've just made a clean AHI setup and upgraded ScumVM to this latest version and everything runs smoother and more stable. Paula sounds works OK. Even with "No music" as a default you get music in early games (Maniac Mansion and Zak Mckraken). I guess music worked in a different way in them. PC Speaker emulation goes OK in some other games (Loom, Monkey Island...) but will crash in the most modern ones (Fate Of Atlantis, DOTT, Sam & Max...). In these last ones, I haven´t been able to make music work, but voices and sound effects work perfectly.

Setting auto-video to false makes ScumVM prompts for a screen resolution offering PAL low-res as a default. This works even better in my monitor than multiscan modes, as the image fits perfectly and there is no colour messing (as I mentioned, for reasons of its own, my monitor doesn't like multiscan modes).

Hey! Even DOTT and Sam & Max plays noticeably smoother now!

--
cool, glad we're getting closer to a workable setup on your miggy

What music unit are you using with your new AHI setup? you should be using Paula 8 bit stereo (see my earlier screen grab). Can you also try Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2...they seem to run ok for me under WinUae.

What audio rate are you using? You can just turn off the auto audio setting and then choose 8 bit Paula and say 11k and see what that performs like on you system.
Old 27 December 2010, 21:17   #50
rockersuke

Quote:
cool, glad we're getting closer to a workable setup on your miggy

What music unit are you using with your new AHI setup? you should be using Paula 8 bit stereo (see my earlier screen grab). Can you also try Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2...they seem to run ok for me under WinUae.

What audio rate are you using? You can just turn off the auto audio setting and then choose 8 bit Paula and say 11k and see what that performs like on you system.
Yup, I'm using Paula 8 bit stereo and 11 Khz output rate. I've tried 2 MS-DOS versions of Simon The Sorcerer 1 so far: a spanish floppy version and an english talkie CD-Rip. Both work OK using "No music" in the audio settings tab, even voices and sound effects in the CD version work like a charm, but I never could get any music out of it either in my real miggy or under WinUAE, as anything other than "No music" will get into instant crash. Music is there, as it works OK under my PC-Windows ScumVM setup. In fact, I'm not even sure if it's actually meant to work without any real MIDI hardware. Can you confirm that music should work under Amiga native paula sound? As I mentioned, PC Speaker emulation will do it nicely in some games, but that's as far as I've reached.

And now, getting into totally minor nuisances mode: launcher palette gets corrupted when coming back from games, which isn´t even noticeable most times save when you come back from old EGA stuff

--
Old 27 December 2010, 22:59   #51
NovaCoder

hiya,

yep can confirm that it should play midi music without any hardware although it does require a lot of cpu

Thanks for the feedback
Old 29 December 2010, 14:57   #52
amigappc

Quote:
Updated version uploaded to the Zone......ready for testing
Hello NovaCoder and company...
Just one question. I am preparing to try ScummVM port for 030 these days (as soon as I catch some time) and I have one question/suggestion

Can users who has FPU on 030 board gain some speed with FPU usage (I suppose it should help in emulation)

If that is the case, I think you could post two 030 versions on Aminet,
1. 030 +FPU
2. 030 noFPU

It is pity not to be used if available and can help.
Old 09 January 2011, 12:53   #53
Foxman

Hi,

i have the problem, SCUMMVM does´nt start and the Amiga freezes.
I have tried very often but even the same problem. ):

My Configuration:

Amiga Spec? A1200 / 1260 / 64MB
OS used? 3.1
AHI version? dont no
ScummVM tooltypes at default? yes
ScummVM Stack size? 20400
Which version of ScummVM: 060
Did you try the other versions? yes
WB hacks/Patches installed? nothing
is in your Devs/monitors drawer? PAL and NTSC
Old 09 January 2011, 13:19   #54
NovaCoder

try the new 030 version from aminet, set auto select audio and video to off

it might just be that it needs 3.9 though?
Old 09 January 2011, 17:30   #55
amigoun

I finally managed it to work for me. Works fine under OS 3.1 on plain PAL.
All the freezes (white gray screen only) were caused by the music on. When switched to No music in Options, games run fine.
Not even the 060 procesor is able to do continous midi music here.
For me the latest 030 version provides better sound output, on older port sound effects were jerky.
Old 09 January 2011, 22:56   #56
NovaCoder

ok, thanks for the update

what sample rate are you trying btw, try 8000 to see if that allows you to play midi in dott, also update your ahi to the latest version

Last edited by NovaCoder; 09 January 2011 at 23:48.
Old 09 January 2011, 23:04   #57
Foxman

Hi,

now i´ve tried the new 030 Version.
Now ScummVM Starts normaly, but after max. 5-10 Seconds im sending back to Desktop with Error 80000004.
I have tried difference Sound and Video Settings, but always the same.
Anyone else with this problem?
Old 10 January 2011, 01:26   #58
amigoun

@ Foxman
I have basicaly the same configuration here, but I have latest AHI installed, if you havent allready install AHI too. For me its now working, the 030 version (amiga port v1.1.1) works best for me (without gurus). And of course select "No music" in the main options.
Old 10 January 2011, 13:02   #59
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
Hi,

now i´ve tried the new 030 Version.
Now ScummVM Starts normaly, but after max. 5-10 Seconds im sending back to Desktop with Error 80000004.
I have tried difference Sound and Video Settings, but always the same.
Anyone else with this problem?
Do you mean it runs in the GUI for 5-10 seconds or it runs a game for 10 seconds? Have you tried to run a game without music yet?
Old 10 January 2011, 13:04   #60
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
@ Foxman
I have basicaly the same configuration here, but I have latest AHI installed, if you havent allready install AHI too. For me its now working, the 030 version (amiga port v1.1.1) works best for me (without gurus). And of course select "No music" in the main options.
Hiya,

I've just put a new 060 version in the Zone, can you give it a go on your 060 and see if it runs any quicker than the 030 version.

You should also try playing with the settings, if you've only got Paula you should use 8 bit (without any +) and at the most 12k and then you should try changing the player callback frequency to say 16.

To test MIDI playback you should use DOTT as Sam and Max is a real system killer, you can also try Full Throttle because it doesn't seem to use the MIDI emulator.