English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 05 February 2002, 19:41   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Floppy disk Amig Power/Action Sensi Coverdisk

I used to have this ADF before my fatal hard drive crash.
It's the coverdisk from either Amiga Power or Amiga Action (can't remember which) where it's basically Sensible Soccer but with soldiers kicking a grenade around the pitch. I love this demo and played it loads last year. I even managed to obliterate the entire opposition quite a few times. It's quite difficult to do because if one goal is scored then the demo ends. Can someone upload it to the zone please. Thanks.
Old 05 February 2002, 20:57   #2
oldpx

I think I have it. Was it Amiga Action - Issue xx - Disk 2 - Sensible World of Moon Soccer (1994-12)(Europress Interactive)(UK)[h Quartz PD].adf ?

Old 05 February 2002, 21:00   #3
oldpx

No it was another one. Maybe unsensible soccer. Let me dig it.

edit: I was looking at the wrong direction. It's probably Cannon Fodder - Amiga Format Christmas Special edition

Last edited by Burseg; 05 February 2002 at 21:08.

Old 05 February 2002, 21:22   #4
oldpx

I uploaded it. There are soldiers killing players and trying to evade a helicopter but it doesn't exactly fit into your description.

Old 05 February 2002, 21:43   #5
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Happy Doh!

Thanks for the upload Burseg. Unfortunately it's not the ADF I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure that it's an Amiga Power coverdisk. It's not the Amiga Format one (Cannon Soccer) or the Amiga Action demo (Sensible World of Moon Soccer). It's basically Sensible Soccer but with a grenade instead of a ball. Thanks anyway.
Old 05 February 2002, 22:13   #6
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool Ok

It could also be The One Amiga. In fact there's a good chance that it is a coverdisk from that magazine. While I'm still on the hunt for that coverdisk here's a few more I'm looking for:

Amiga Power Coverdisk 31: Cannon Fodder (Interactive diary of a game). Is this disk copy protected??

Amiga Power Coverdisk 53: Sensible Trainspotting

Does anyone here have any of these 3 coverdisks. I've looked on all the usual coverdisk sites and I haven't found any of them. Hope someone can help.
Old 06 February 2002, 16:27   #7
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
I have them but...

They are at my parents house in the uk, I`ll try get my brother to get them to me..
Old 06 February 2002, 16:40   #8
RetroMan

@Steve

The one you are searching for is an AMIGA POWER SPECIAL and can be downloaded here (it´s the one with the grenade ) : http://hjem.get2net.dk/kring/swos/sensidemo.lha

and btw. : both above Coverdisks can be found here : http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/...aPowerNJ.shtml
Old 06 February 2002, 19:33   #9
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Stick out tongue Excellent

Thanks for that RetroMan. I'd been to that site but hadn't properly looked for the links to the disks. I found all the demos there apart from one. The Cannon Fodder interactive Diary of a game isn't available for download. It says it's copy protected. Does anyone have anymore info on this. Is it crackable? Cheers again RetroMan.

If anyone wants to try out the cool Sensi Soccer grenade demo then here is a direct link to it:

http://amigacoverdisks.emuunlim.com/...igaPower21.zip
Old 07 February 2002, 01:37   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Actually, that disk has been on my MIA list for some time now. I have the disk, but have never been able to archive it due to the copy protection. When I get my coverdisks sent to me, I will mess with it using MFMWARP and similar programs.