English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 April 2022, 13:25   #821
padrino

If it is related to auto save of high scores, I wonder if the problem would also happen with a write protected disk?
If so, the developer maybe could addresse it.
Old 17 April 2022, 20:03   #822
BigD

@pink^abyss

Using the ADF version eliminates the problem on THEA500 Mini and there's a hack for that functionality ;-)

See post #29

https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php...14#post1541714
Old 18 October 2022, 14:45   #823
80'$_Barbar1an

Many thanks for this amazing arcade port
Old 20 October 2022, 13:40   #824
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by padrino View Post
If it is related to auto save of high scores, I wonder if the problem would also happen with a write protected disk?
If so, the developer maybe could addresse it.
My copy did this on my emulated A1200. It would apply to a real Amiga too or indeed any other emulation. In my setup I have the NoWriteCache option set in my WHDLoad.prefs file. This means that the slave will write to the disk immediately...for example, saving a game highscore. It seems to me that TinyBobble writes it at every moment you get a higher score whilst playing the game (instead of saving it at the end of the game when you die like in 99% of other slaves). When it does this you get this black flashing screen all the time and it's slows etc.
WHDLoad 18.7 introduced the 'WriteCache' option. Apply this to the TinyBobble icon tooltypes and it will override the 'NoWriteCache' option in the WHDLoad.prefs file. Just remember though that after playing the game you will need to use the quitkey and quit the game to have it save your highscores.
Elfmania has a similar issue, as do a few other games. Add the WRITECACHE tooltype to the game icon of affected games and the issue should be solved. I seem to remember some RPG's with a similar issue when loading (very annoying, but easily solved...)
Old 26 November 2022, 20:25   #825
Gaula92

Do you know if the game supports a second button to jump? I know it does via WHDLoad, but I mean if it's possible to have second button jump with the original executable (aYs_TinyBobble).

In fact, does second button (blue) on a CD32 pad work for you with the WHDLoad install? It seems to be largely ignored even it CUSTOM2=1 should make it work as jump.

Last edited by Gaula92; 26 November 2022 at 20:40.
Old 27 November 2022, 01:33   #826
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
The game (originally) doesn't support 2nd fire button to jump, maybe the authors would consider implementing it, dunno. Meself, I wouldn't mind if they tightened the difficulty a little, have no idea if someone is still working on this tbh.
If you're facing an issue with corresponding slave, then could be the right time to fill a bug report in mantis. Meanwhile, if you're playing through emulation, it shouldn't be too troublesome to assign up direction to second button of your controller, should it ?
Old 27 November 2022, 11:48   #827
Gaula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
The game (originally) doesn't support 2nd fire button to jump, maybe the authors would consider implementing it, dunno. Meself, I wouldn't mind if they tightened the difficulty a little, have no idea if someone is still working on this tbh.
If you're facing an issue with corresponding slave, then could be the right time to fill a bug report in mantis. Meanwhile, if you're playing through emulation, it shouldn't be too troublesome to assign up direction to second button of your controller, should it ?

I am not using emulation, but an Amiga 600 and MiSTer.
Old 27 November 2022, 18:02   #828
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Well on MiSTer you could configure a jump button with "JoyUP" mapped to any button of your pad/stick.

edit: Just tested the WHDLoad patched game. For some strange reason the CD32 blue button only works as a jump button for player 1 if you set it for both players. Correct tooltype setting would be: CUSTOM2=3

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 27 November 2022 at 18:36.
Old 27 November 2022, 18:18   #829
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
...and concerning the A600, you could use a mega drive joypack 2 nine-pin connector adapter which bears some switches to assign up to 2nd fire button aka "C" (got mine off from eBay), unless you know someone with modding abilities, in which case he or she could mod your controller to assign up to one of the additional buttons, very convenient to jump in such platformers lacking the 2nd button code implementation (Parasol Stars etc.), but also to accelerate in arcade racing games.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 27 November 2022 at 18:28.