English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 03 June 2020, 16:44   #41
chip

Thanks
Old 03 June 2020, 21:10   #42
Asle

hello,
Thanks for this new archive. Now, I have no clue about torrent. So, is there someone that can offer a better way (more prehistoric way, maybe), please ? say .. HTTP ? FTP ?
Thanks again
Old 03 June 2020, 21:26   #43
SimonV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
hello,
Thanks for this new archive. Now, I have no clue about torrent. So, is there someone that can offer a better way (more prehistoric way, maybe), please ? say .. HTTP ? FTP ?
Thanks again

Just install utorrent https://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/desktop

Nothing more to it besides installing it and clicking the link I provided and choose a download map
Old 03 June 2020, 21:29   #44
SimonV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Thank you! ... I bet you're glad it's over lol. The en of the imaging story.

The end .... I seriously doubt it. These 6000 disks came in during 2019. That's after the 12.000 from Bamiga we imaged in 2018. I am a collector and somehow piles and piles of disks end up here somehow that most of the times come with an Amiga I buy.

But yes, it's done for now and I am glad because I am moving houses in the next three monts. 6000 disks is quite the pile.
Old 03 June 2020, 21:30   #45
lesta_smsc

What happens to the disks following imaging?...
Old 05 June 2020, 19:07   #46
SimonV

Quote:

given away or trashed.

For who isn't into torrent, for the time being someone hosted the 3 episodes on his server. http://www.kuroto.be/amigadump/NeverEndingAmigaStory/
Old 06 June 2020, 14:44   #47
andy2004
Zone Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to andy2004
Thanks simonV for the easy option.. currently seeding the 3.zip file.. as i have utorrent..
currently downloading 2 of the 3 files from yours.. so i can create and seed them.

https://www.upload.ee/files/11832693/torrent.zip.html for the other 2 file torrents..

also using HFS as well
http://90.240.187.8/torrent/
ALL 3 files + the zip file torrent.zip if you prefer torrent.
seems HFS is not working properly.. damn it..
looking into it.

Last edited by andy2004; 06 June 2020 at 19:16.
Old 07 June 2020, 02:00   #48
jarre

great job done..............
Old 07 June 2020, 04:29   #49
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
given away or trashed.
Oh man... please don't throw them away. They don't manufacture them anymore and there are still people who enjoy using them.
Old 07 June 2020, 11:19   #50
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLifeA1200 View Post
Oh man... please don't throw them away. They don't manufacture them anymore and there are still people who enjoy using them.
I have a collection of disks too. Probably a few hundred! They were sent to friend for imaging... Still waiting lol. Some strange writings on the disks and one even had names of various viruses e.g. Saddam virus!

I'm sure the collection probably belonged to someone from the scene or keen on collecting these obscure items.
Old 07 June 2020, 12:23   #51
SimonV

Quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I gave so many away it's difficult to get rid of them locally. And god knows how many billions there still are floating around. Then there's people like floppydisk.com who specialize in recycling used disks and formatting them and selling them, many people turning to a Gotek or as such AND almost everyone soups up his Amiga so it can do WHDLOAD. I don't know too many people in our club still using disks to play from to be honest.

And maybe it will be like cassettes and vinyl some day ... suddenly they started to become popular again and manufactured again.
Old 07 June 2020, 15:24   #52
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
yes
Old 08 June 2020, 01:02   #53
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Thumbs up

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I gave so many away it's difficult to get rid of them locally. And god knows how many billions there still are floating around. Then there's people like floppydisk.com who specialize in recycling used disks and formatting them and selling them, many people turning to a Gotek or as such AND almost everyone soups up his Amiga so it can do WHDLOAD. I don't know too many people in our club still using disks to play from to be honest.

And maybe it will be like cassettes and vinyl some day ... suddenly they started to become popular again and manufactured again.
Thanx SimonV for one more collection!!!
Old 08 June 2020, 09:07   #54
jarre

Quote:
When I Image collections, all disks with errors are going to the trashcan, to prevent they will be used again, mostly 10% to 20% from various collections
have disks with errors.

a few weeks back i had 600 disks out of 1000 with errors (disk where 25 years stored in a moist place)
Old 10 June 2020, 19:04   #55
SimonV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
When I Image collections, all disks with errors are going to the trashcan, to prevent they will be used again, mostly 10% to 20% from various collections
have disks with errors.

a few weeks back i had 600 disks out of 1000 with errors (disk where 25 years stored in a moist place)

To be honest another 2000 disks ended up at my place. I bought them from a place where nobody lived anymore for the last 20 years. Humid, dust from what seemed be from construction work ... There were so many bad ones screwing my drive every 5 disks. They went straight in the dumpster. It's already time consuming ... it doesn't need to become frustrating.
Old 10 June 2020, 19:31   #56
lesta_smsc

Quote:
To be honest another 2000 disks ended up at my place. I bought them from a place where nobody lived anymore for the last 20 years. Humid, dust from what seemed be from construction work ... There were so many bad ones screwing my drive every 5 disks. They went straight in the dumpster. It's already time consuming ... it doesn't need to become frustrating.
That's the reason why I stopped imaging. The drive became unusable and I think the multiple read attempts actually caused muck to transfer to my good disks in the end!
Old 13 June 2020, 22:31   #57
philgood1351fr

Anyway great collection. Many dumps remind me my youngest years (Silkworm, Stunt Cars, Wolfchild). I love it !!!
Thanks
Old 21 May 2021, 18:03   #58
SimonV

Nothing much and not even floppies. But I archived the 3 cd-roms I have for my Macrosystem DraCo.

Here's the Torrent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj0hebna9i...p.torrent?dl=0

If you want to upload it somewhere else ... be my guest.