English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 15 September 2005, 06:32   #1
Mindless

Question Lemmings MODs

Is the Lemmings music available anywhere in Tracker Module format instead of SoundPlayer format?

If not, is there any way to convert the SoundPlayer files to Tracker Modules? (aside from manually)

Old 15 September 2005, 08:56   #2
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I'd be happy for them in ANY format!¬!!!
Old 15 September 2005, 10:43   #3
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Well, I think the archimedes version had the tunes in MOD format. I remember my friends ripping them, but as to converting - no idea I'm afraid
Old 15 September 2005, 11:22   #4
kriz

This:

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotic.../Lemmings.html

http://exotica.fix.no/

(only soundplayer sorry.)
Old 15 September 2005, 13:01   #5
OddbOd

Coagulus is right there is indeed MOD format music in the Archimedes version! I have only ripped one tune so far but I should be finished later today, expect them in The Zone in a few hours.

Update: First the good news, the music is the same as the Amiga version.

But, and here's the bad news, it turns out the music is stored as only two separate tracker MODs. By (ab)using the tracker commands the composer has managed to store 18 different songs in the main lemms MOD and 4 more in the extras MOD.

If you play MOD.lemms in the Windows version of Deliplayer then each subsong can be played individually, I don't know what the hell will happen if you use an Amiga player. To split all 18 "subsongs" into individual MODs will require manually saving out each pattern sequence using a tracker.

Last edited by OddbOd; 15 September 2005 at 14:18.
Old 15 September 2005, 14:30   #6
FromWithin
Music lord

I can give you the original (SFX, not MOD) files if you want....I've uploaded an archive to The Zone. These are the actual files from the game. There might be some unused ones in there, I'm not sure.

You can convert them into a soundtracker format using NoiseConverter. You have to load the song/instr data into SFX, and save as final. Then load this final file into Noiseconverter.

Last edited by FromWithin; 15 September 2005 at 15:12.
Old 15 September 2005, 21:33   #7
mtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd
Coagulus is right there is indeed MOD format music in the Archimedes version! I have only ripped one tune so far but I should be finished later today, expect them in The Zone in a few hours.

Update: First the good news, the music is the same as the Amiga version.

But, and here's the bad news, it turns out the music is stored as only two separate tracker MODs. By (ab)using the tracker commands the composer has managed to store 18 different songs in the main lemms MOD and 4 more in the extras MOD.
Great work.

But the music is not the same , only the melody. It's a kind of remix, a good one.
Old 16 September 2005, 01:19   #8
Mindless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin
I can give you the original (SFX, not MOD) files if you want....I've uploaded an archive to The Zone. These are the actual files from the game. There might be some unused ones in there, I'm not sure.

You can convert them into a soundtracker format using NoiseConverter. You have to load the song/instr data into SFX, and save as final. Then load this final file into Noiseconverter.
Thanks, that's almost exactly what I was looking for. But where are the intstruments for the Intro music? And what are the "tims crap #" files for? They seem to be the same as the "tim#" files.

Last edited by Mindless; 16 September 2005 at 01:49.

Old 16 September 2005, 10:03   #9
OddbOd

Missing instruments are in The Zone.
Old 16 September 2005, 17:50   #10
FromWithin
Music lord

No idea what "tims crap" is. I'm sure he's got no idea either as it was so long ago. I got this archive from him many years ago.

Last edited by FromWithin; 16 September 2005 at 17:57.
Old 26 October 2005, 04:35   #11
Mindless

I ripped the Lemmings and ONML music into MOD format... it's ripped from the files available in Exotica... if anyone has any ideas about quality improvement, I'd like to hear them.

http://it.travisbsd.org/lemmings/music.php

Old 30 June 2012, 15:20   #12
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin View Post

What is the middle step 'SFX' Refuring too ?

Original inst/song files from the cd32 game or latest custom player archive -> SFX -> Noiseconverter.

EDIT: Assuming it means SoundFX (1.3 by Linel 1988) ive decrunched the Lemmusic files from cd32 but soundfx doesnt recognise the files, or the song files from the downloadable custom file versions.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 30 June 2012 at 15:54.