English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 12 January 2023, 23:02   #1
KarlosJackel

First time greetings!

Hello EAB!

I meant to write this message back in December '21 when I first joined, but family, work, and other shenanigans got in the way.

So, after a fair stint away from the Amiga, I find my way back to her.

It all started back in '92 with my beloved A500, and slowly the expansions happened, starting with the 512k trapdoor expansion.. Then the Supra Ram FastMem expansion, followed by the glorious GVP external hard drive - I'd like to say that it was a 120MB model. Not sure...

Anyways, the original computer is long gone... the Varta battery of Doom saw the end to her in 1999. I was forced to jump from Amiga to PC because of my job and studies at the time and I was using her less and less.

I resisted until one day, a bloke called Neil on his Youtube channel [RMC] documented on video his building of something called an A500++... And now I am the very proud owner of 1 A500 Rev6 [1.3] 2-very-nearly-finished A500++, 1 working A1200 [which I fixed] and a "just started" ReAmiga A1200. Exciting times!

I am simply amazed by just how many upgrades are available for the Amiga!

Some very clever guys and gals have been busy beavering away over the years.

More exciting news is that I actually got my first A500++ powered up and working today!

Kind regards

Also forgot to mention that I've also recently discovered WinUAE! Had to watch a couple of YT tutorials to get it to do something!

Last edited by KarlosJackel; 12 January 2023 at 23:27. Reason: ..And another thing....
Old 13 January 2023, 00:55   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Welcome to EAB, KarlosJackel! Enjoy your stay
Old 13 January 2023, 01:36   #3
lesta_smsc

Welcome to EAB. Given you are restoring / upgrading Amigas, you might want to look at Checkmate cases as they may suit your pretty new motherboards well!
Old 14 January 2023, 00:37   #4
AF2013

Welcome to the forum and Checkmate cases is cool case
Old 17 January 2023, 21:43   #5
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

Welcome KarlosJackel, not sure if you are aware, But I do a blog about Amiga Games and are adding many PD/Shareware/Freeware Games to a ever growing Games Collection each month, includes the Games and the WinUAE Emulator

I cannot legally provide the Kickstart ROMS, But there is an AROS Only Collection if you do not have the KS ROMS handy, which has a few playable Games in it for you to try

Hope you enjoy the community here, I know I sure do, so helpful and nice, please feel free to ask any questions, I am sure either me, or this wonderful community can help find you the answers

Please enjoy your stay, and please wipe yer feet, sit down, have a drink and relax